Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still keeping little secrets?

Still keeping little secrets?

I guess this thread would be meant for the CD's with SO's, more so than those that are single.
    I read all the wonderful posts and all the advise that are given to others, and wonder ..... how many practice what we preach?
    Just how many of us would really be comfortable handing our keyboards over to our S.O.'s to read everything we have posted and imagine every thought pattern we have going? Do we still keep information from them for whatever reasons we have? ( I just don't want her to know because it might hurt her feelings, I would be embaressed, etc...)
    Or are we as open with our S.O.'s as we tell the new members to be?
    Good for the goose is good for the gander?
    I personally really don't have a problem with it. My wife knows all my passwords. She has a question.... she asks and I tell. Makes it so I can sleep at night. She's just not so interested in this part of me that she wants to go searching.
    Wasn't that way in the begginning though. And it made for a lot of grey hairs!

Sure, I still keep secrets from her. I'm not telling her what I getting her for Christmas or where we are going for our anniversary this year. Other than that, I'm a pretty open book. Things pertaining to my life she knows all about as I do hers. It works for us.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Yeah!!! I'm exactually the same here as I am at home.. I have and will continue to have secrets about my crossdressing.. With her, with you, with damn near everyone.. She knows but doesn't want to know... And that's a system that works for us... I'm uber happy for everyone that has the prefect relationship and an understanding SO.... But for the majority of us.... the truth is not the be all end all solution to everyones problems if it were then we would be outing ourselves and the divorce rate would be significantly lower for crossdressers.. In my humble opinion.

And if my wife ever found out how much I spend on hockey.... new ice hockey equipment or the amount of time I spend on hockey blogs we would be divorced in a heartbeat!! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I don't like to dress in my wife's face. But I also don't leave my forum/email etc. password locked from her. My private journals, however, are just that - private. It implies the mysterious, but it's usually just rewordings of the same things we talk about together, in rough form..

Another thing we've started doing is corresponding by email. 'I' talk to my SO face-to-face, and do not put 'her' up in her face, but 'she' and my wife write letters and notes back and forth.

Well, it goes a bit funnier than that. My 'friend of the soul' writes to directly and addresses hers, whereas she and I, as personas and as a couple, talk through more common filtering. Between the two, there are really no little secrets.

It's a nifty exercise, like having two separate marriages with the same person, one more mundane, and the other romantic and fantasy-driven. The conflicts usually only come from pointless questioning (often from both of us) of which one is 'the real one.'
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

I still keep secrets, live with lies, am frustrated - because my S/O cannot accept my need to express my inner feminity

I have so much frustration, anxiety and depression built up inside that I am about to burst.

My SRS sister knows my situation and how I feel.

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

i am extremely open with my wife!! we share everything. she has full access to my closet as well as my computer, as well as passwords to all my sites i have even given her the passwords to by cell phone voicemail. she knows that if there is anything she wants to know that all she has to do is ask.
    tinker_bell's husband!!!/ formerly known as charlene peters.

I won't get on my soapbox yet again on the subject, just adding my agreement that I wouldn't have a problem with my wife reading everything here. Last night I marked some pages in Roaman's so she can order me some stuff next time she orders stuff for herself.

OK, just one soapbox-y holler: NO SECRETS MEANS A HAPPY MARRIAGE. There, all done

And Holly, if my wife came right out and asked me what I'm getting her for Christmas, I'd tell her (after asking her to think real carefully if she really wants to know). She's a big girl, if she wants to spoil the surprise she can go right ahead. The result: She doesn't ask, and I don't volunteer the information.
    Last edited by Ralph; 10-20-2009 at 12:15 PM.

Cute Charlene about the clothes sharing. I'm the same way - but with a twist. I really don't mind it a bit - in fact I encourage - when my wife borrows my clothes. (I guess it gives me validation that I at least have good taste in one or two pieces of clothing ) But I never wear her clothes or use her make-up. I don't want her to feel I'm intruding any more than I already am.

lies by omission

Hi everyone.
    What an interesting and opportune thread.
    For the times that I have replied to threads I have always been truthful and have written from the heart.
    I will often put things down in print that I may not necessarily be able to frame as an adequate sentence in front of my partner. (I can’t always find the right words.)
    To this end I will often mention particular threads and ask her to read my replies so that she can see how I truly feel.
    Now here is the rub.
    Last weekend I was discussing a thread on whether a CD/TG could have a friend who is also a CD/TG.
    The reply was a definite NO as this might well encourage a more significant path on the TG trail.
    Such as going out to clubs and shopping etc.
    I have recently been in contact with another member here and hope to meet for coffee soon.
    I don’t think at this stage she needs to know about this.
    I am now lying by omission but why make my partner miserable.
    What do you think?
    PJ

Philippa Jane

I don't tell my wife everything and she doesn't tell me everything, so yes, there are little secrets. We are two separate people with our own personal spaces and there has to be something that is our own and no-one else's.
    Having said that, she knows about Ruth, she has seen all my clothes, make-up, wigs, etc., but there is a point beyond which she does not particularly want to know more (I think Karren referred to it).
    We share so very much as man and wife but as woman and wife there is a certain distance, which I quite understand - she can't accept me as an intimate girlfriend and I think it would be awkward if we tried to do that.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Philipa Jane,
    Yes, being as you talked about it, I think it'd be omission to not mention it...just assure her that she has nothing to worry about. All people are comfortable with someone they can relate to or have things in common with. Perhaps you could see this person sometimes with SOs and sometimes without. If she got to know this person she might realize for herself she has nothing to worry about.
    Enacting life's lessons into positive change...

No secrets

When I came out to my wife, I told her everything, and it was a huge weight off my mind. I am not about to start loading up with more secrets. I sleep much better, and feel as if I'm a better husband for having told her. I'd like to keep it that way.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

since we started this together...

My first time at all dressed was in front of my wife. Now Tina is her gf, has an e-mail address all to herself, and they gossip about me all the time. It's only fair as my wife and I gossip about Tina! Tina told her about suchacutie from day one, and almost everything on here is open posted, so if she is here..

Hi!!!!

Not only does it seem silly to have secrets from her about Tina, but the fact is that I want her to know everything about Tina! My wife has helped Tina from day one and if Tina can't be open with her then that help won't be very good! The point of this exploration of my feminine self was to find out everything, no matter what. We both need my wife so the more she knows the better it all works. Once I know it, she knows it!

I sorta go back to my military training when it comes to being open with my DSW .... need to know. I'll tell her anything she asks, she kinda knows that there are somethings she doesn't need to know. I also sorta figure there are those times when she doesn't need to know.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

new cd

if wearing womens clothes is more of a sexual fetish rather than an embracement of ones female side (its both for me). Is that wrong. I would always wear my wifes clothes particularily her nylons and heels when she was not around. Gradually I started incorpoating it into our sex lives. She accepted this . But after a while I incorporated too many female aspects and I could tell she was uncomfortable with it. She still knows I like to dress up but she hasnt seen me dressed up in ages.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    My wife and I actually discuss a lot of what is posted here and my replies.

Besides, when I told her about me, she was so receptive, that it literally all came gushing out ---warts and all -- the good and bad. The things I've done in my past that I'm not proud of -- the triumphs and the hurts.

Its all there -- and she still loves me
    And for that, my heart is hers and hers alone

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I am another whose wife knows of my crossdressing and is OK about it provided she does not need to be involved or see or hear about it, unless on her own terms. For example she will have a moan if, when she wants to use the computer, I have left the web browser showing crossdressers.com.

So no, I do not discuss everything with her. But neither are my secrets hidden away. She has access (and my permission to access) my closet, e-mails, photos on the home computer, etc., if and when she is interested. I am aware she checks my wardrobe from time to time but, for the most part, we respect each other's privacy.

No Secrets

My wife and don't keep secrets from each other at all. We believe its better to just be honest.

Here's an example I'll share. A few years ago we were both supposed to go out with a GG friend of ours,but my wife had to cancel last minute to meet her Mother on business and she told us to still go without her because she didn't want to dissapoint our GG friend. Well her and I went out to a movie,dinner and drinks and back her place and had more drinks. We were both feeling our drinks and I said I can't drive because of it and she offered for me to sleep over.I called my wife and told and she was ok because she does not want me to drink and drive. Afterwards she made up the couch for and we talked for awhile and said she said she was having some problems with her father, her grandmother had cancer and was feeling bad and so on. We then hugged and then let just say we had a "minor indiscretion" that night.Woke up the next morning we talk and apologized to each other and then I told my wife and she was ok because I was honest and upfront with it plus it was better than me drinking and driving,getting a DWI or worse an accident and hurting someone or myself. As we say Honesty is best policy.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

I have no problem with my wife reading anything on here as i have no secrets from her, in fact she was just at my side when i started to read this thread and i quite often ask her if she would like to read any of the threads or post but rarely wants to .
    It`s bad enough me trying to think of an answer sometimes let alone my wife shouting in my ear what i should be putting as a reply
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    My wife knows everything about me including all of my deepest, darkest most embarrasing secrets. She also has complete access to everything I post here, in addition to seeing me without my make up which can be a very frightening experience.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Tell your wife everything, tell them nothing, but alwasy tell them what they want to hear.

Crossdressing is not a problem, the unmarked graves in my backyard are, that is a fact.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

Yes, no secrets means a happy marriage...in some cases, but divorce in others. My first wife divorced me because she couldn't handle my crossdressing. And so with countless other marriages. My present wife knows, accepts, supports, and even encourages, but does not participate. Even though we are partners in life and share many things, we are still individuals that are entitled to some private thoughts and activities. Some relationships thrive because both partners understand, accept, and practice limitations on crossdressing to the extent that the relationship requires. While we may envy those who have a totally open communications about crossdressing with their partners, let's not be fooled into thinking it will work for all of us. It won't.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller
    Still keeping little secrets?

[SIZE="2"]I like to keep secrets. I’m not married, I don’t have a SO, but I keep my clandestine activity completely hidden from my sister (who I live with). There are three main reasons:

If I tell her about what I do, and it makes her uncomfortable, I’ll feel bad about causing her any discomfort. I mean, we’ve been through a lot – why upset the apple cart now?

If I tell her and she accepts my secret life (which is the most likely scenario), I’ll feel like talking about what I do all the time. This is bound to cause discomfort for her after a while. If I was her, it would certainly bother me. Have you ever seen that look on a person’s face when you realize the bit of information you’ve tossed their way isn’t exactly…welcome? I’ve seen it many times…

If I tell her and she enthusiastically embraces my eccentricities, even helping me achieve my goals (after all, she’s an expert seamstress), what then? I just know I would feel like I’d thrown away half of myself for nothing, and all of the magic of crossdressing along with it…

Far from being “little secrets,” these are precious, hard-won, very personal activities and feelings that need careful protection… [/SIZE]

"...these are precious, hard-won, very personal activities and feelings that need careful protection…"

Indeed, they are! Yeah, my wife knows and, ummm, 'tolerates' might be the best word, but it's really a tad short of 'accepting'. Since she found me out - identified my deepest, darkest secret ever, I really don't have anything to hide anymore. Some things I still don't tell her about, but if she asked I'd tell. I have a pretty good understanding about what she needs to know about, what she wants to know about, and what she doesn't need to know about. Example of not knowing would be going out. I went out two weekends ago when she was out of town. Didn't tell her I did, but didn't really hide it, either. If she asked I'd admit I did.

Can't hide it

I couldn't keep it secret for very long even if I wanted to.

Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg