Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wearing Intimates to the Doctor

I dress "as usual" for my doctor's appointments, which means panties and women's trouser socks, painted toenails, long acrylic fingernails, earrings and heels. She knows all about me and may ask a question or two about where I've been and how Diane is doing, but it is always friendly and professional and doesn't get in the way of any serious health business.

In 2001, I had a heart problem and wound up spending nine days in the hospital after being admitted through the emergency room. I got an artificial heart valve implanted as well as a triple bypass. Some of the nurses and techs absolutely loved my red toenails and femmy tattoos, and made them a fun topic of conversation. The ones who didn't just politely and professionally ignored them. I'm sure everybody on the floor knew, though, since I had to walk up and down the hallway for exercise several times a day with legs and feet on full display. It was pretty much the last thing I was worried about in the context of my rather serious medical situation.

- Diane

Nails are painted. Body is shaved. panties aren't an issue!

Well if you do and recieve sub-standard medical care then it's time to change doctors.... better hurry though... under the proposed health care system you may not have any choices... Hate to get stuck with a panty hating doctor for the rest of your life!! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have gone to the doctor wearing bra, panties,garter belt and stockings. the only comment was from the nurse who wanted to know where I got The garter belt.

The only time I wear male underwear is to go to the doctor office. The Doc and I grew up together and know the same people. I don't think he would ever say anything but he does work with my wife at the hospital and I know she would like my panty wearing to be bewteen her and I. Never heard any thing about my shaved legs or underarms from him or his nurses.
    I will forever and always be Susan....

Remember Doctors are bound by patient/Dr. privilege

And to a Dr. discretion is the better part of valor.

I wouldn't worry
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

Aspiring Member

Don't worry about it!

About a year and a half ago I had hip replacement surgery and since I have had several ultra feminine tattoos decided that for my surgery I wouldn't try to hide anything. When I arrived for my pre-surgical ekg and physical, I had tan lines from sunbathing in my two piece, so I just underdressed as usual. The morning of my operation when the nurse's aide was putting on my surgical socks, he couldn't fail to see my newly painted toenails. The anethetists couldn't fail to see the tats on my lower back and the operating surgeons had to see the ones on my hip and groin as well.

My employer changed medical insurance carriers the next year and I had some flu symptoms and made an appointment to get a physical with a new physician. Knowing that upon examining me, the doctor would surely see what I had done to my body, so I underdressed and wore women's jeans, a feminine top, women's clogs, double set of earrings, light make up and lipstick and carried a over-the-shoulder travel pouch. Although the physician's assistant admired my tattoos and the color of my toenails and the physician herself had a couple of questions about the relationship between my wife and myself, I was treated with professionalism and courtesy.

I have returned several times for follow up check ups and now everytime I go to the doctor, I dress entirely enfemme; choosing to wear a dress rather than slacks. The doctor and I chat, exchange pleasantries and talk about my health; just like every other patient who she sees.

My advice: don't worry about it, your fear exists in your mind only and the people who work in a doctor's office may say something about you when you're gone but they will treat you with the utmost respect.

Crazy Lady

I only go to the doctor enfemme now

When I changed medical plans 2 or 3 years ago, I asked the doctor if he had any problems working with a transgender/crossdresser. He said no, but over the year, his non-verbal cues, like taking me off his list of patients said otherwise. The replacement was asked, and same story, suddenly I did not have a Primary Care physcian, and other things. So I selected a female doctor as the third PCP, and for my first appointment, I went dressed enfemme. I found out at my appointment that while she was not transgender in her mind, she had often thought she should have been a man, as she had many male dominance characteristics which mad it difficult to stay in a marriage.

Well, my employer has mandated another healthcare plan, so I needed to find a new PCP. I found two possibilities. Both times, admin or nurses were asked the question about me coming to the office dressed and being a MTF crossdresser. Both timse, they said they would have to ask the doctor. My first choice spent her own time to call me and tell me yes, she was fine with it and just to make sure I filled out the patient with my male information. My back-up also responded, but through her staff.

A doctor taking the time to speak to a potential patient directly says a lot to me.

Deanna

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    I was at the doctor last week. Drab, but he knows (because my wife told him). We discussed it a little bit. He said he would like to see my pics. Said something about the law or ethics prevents him from telling others and he was careful to not mention it in my (now computerized) medical record. Mentioned he had a couple of other cd patients. Later I told the nurse as she put a band aid on a leg cut. I mentioned I was cd because my legs were partly shaved
    In the $3/4bb stimulus bill that was passed, there is a provision where ALL medical professionals (doctors, hospitals, clinics) have to supply electronic medical records to the federal government even if you didn't use insurance -- that is, you paid cash for services.

I don't know the date of when this is to take effect, but it is real. Doctor/patient confidentiality has been legislated away.

There are substantial benefits to having records online, not the least of which are patient safety and speed of treatment.

The government, or any other holder of patient information, has a fiduciary duty to protect the contents of health records from unauthorised access, and as such, due diligence is required to prevent same. Security is an ongoing issue, but with good software and properly qualified and ethical personnel operating and watching over access to data, it won't be much of an issue to users.

The fear of a high dollar lawsuit often does wonders for security.
    Last edited by Holly; 10-28-2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Referenced post has been deleted.

underdressing for Dr. Appt.

I have a strong opinion on this subject that I would like to share with the group. Mind you, this is not directed at any one individual. I just think it is something we should consider.
    I personally think it is unfair to the medical staff. After all, if this is a scheduled appt., then you as a cd, have the choice as to what you will be wearing for the appt. The individual crossdresser may not be embarrased to go in wearing feminine underclothes, but I believe we must consider just how it might make the people attending to you feel. This could be very embarrasing for them, putting them in a situation that they may not be comfortable with.
    If the individual is going through as process such as SRS, and the medical staff is aware of this, then it may be acceptable. But to just spring this on them merely because the crossdresser wishes to be "noticed" for whatever reason, in my opinion is selfish and unfair to the others involved.
    We all have our own reasons as to why we feel the need to underdress for certain situations in our lives, but I think we should also consider the other people we involve in our actions.
    I personally dont endorse the practice of underdressing for Dr. appts. for the reasons I have given above. I would welcome any comments regarding my thoughts.....

I always wear bra,panties,small forms and girl jeans and tops to my Doctor.She has never said a word even though she wanted to check something on my back and had to move my bra strap out of the way.I think they have seen ti all or at least expect to see the unexpected
    Kimmy 55

Crazy Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle123 View Post
    I have a strong opinion on this subject that I would like to share with the group. Mind you, this is not directed at any one individual. I just think it is something we should consider.
    I personally think it is unfair to the medical staff. After all, if this is a scheduled appt., then you as a cd, have the choice as to what you will be wearing for the appt. The individual crossdresser may not be embarrased to go in wearing feminine underclothes, but I believe we must consider just how it might make the people attending to you feel. This could be very embarrasing for them, putting them in a situation that they may not be comfortable with.
    I personally dont endorse the practice of underdressing for Dr. appts. for the reasons I have given above. I would welcome any comments regarding my thoughts.....

People will always have trouble with the unexpected. That is why I prefer to take the position that the best way to get people comfortable with transgender people is to be out there just being normal people, so others have a chance to get aquainted with us, used to us.

After all, how to people have a chance to know a true transgender person if they never get to meet one. While I am not TS track, I still think I need to support those transwomen and transmen that are by helping to create an atmosphere in doctors offices that being crossdressed is not out of the ordinary.

My opinion is that it is our collective job to help the world realize crossdressing is somewhat rare but normal.

Deanna

Dee,

Thank you for posting this. I completely agree with you that we need to be out there. I completely disagree with Michele's opinion regarding that by underdressing we are not being fair to the Dr's staff. We are not doing anything wrong and are just being ourselves. We need to stop being ashamed of who we are and trying to shield people because we believe that we are doing something wrong. If the Dr's staff can't deal with it, then too bad!! They are professionals, not rednecks from the farm.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by DeeInGeorgia View Post
    People will always have trouble with the unexpected. That is why I prefer to take the position that the best way to get people comfortable with transgender people is to be out there just being normal people, so others have a chance to get aquainted with us, used to us.

After all, how to people have a chance to know a true transgender person if they never get to meet one. While I am not TS track, I still think I need to support those transwomen and transmen that are by helping to create an atmosphere in doctors offices that being crossdressed is not out of the ordinary.

My opinion is that it is our collective job to help the world realize crossdressing is somewhat rare but normal.

Deanna
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Interesting angle Michelle but it really isn't a consideration. Say you go to the doctor dressed as a plumber or sales rep or anything else. They really don't care, they have a job. No different than going to a car salesman or fast food joint. Their feelings on the matter are moot at best. You are not there to make them happy. They do a job they get paid. If they don't like working there because someone wears red or spandex or stripes with plaid they need to either get over it or move on. Believe me what type of clothing you have on does not matter in the performance of the job. You are but a blip to them. A curiosity at most.

Having worked with and around health care professionals ( that is what they are professionals) I can tell you that lace is nothing compared to the person who hasn't showered in weeks. Or the person who finds it funny to have feces in their underclothes. The person who decides that they know more than you do and get belligerent.

They have a dirty job often with blood, urine, vomit, feces and well dirt. They could not give a hoot about what color your bra strap is (although a good doctor will ask if you are taking anything that may be enhancing you breast or if you wish to transition.) In all honesty they don't even know you after you left. You were nothing more than the 2:15 appointment.

You are not there for their comfort. You are there for your health. Nothing more.

This will pop up again and again on these boards and the answers will remain the same. What you wear does not matter. That is covering. Your health is their concern. Your mother telling you to wear clean underwear before you go to the doctor? Nice idea but lace verses cotton? As long as it is presentable. And even then, they don't care.

Did I say they don't care?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

My first time in panties with my doctor was a total accident.I was there just to renew some pain killers for a bum knee.She talked to me about recieving some cortisone shots and I agreed.Thinking it would be done on another appointment .I think I went quite pale when she said to drop my shorts.I was wearing a pretty lacey, marroon coloured sse thru brief.Well she turned a little bit red and said nothing.I asked her if it was troubling to her that i was wearing panties.She replied that it just suprissed her and what I wore was my bussiness alone.Since that time she has seen me in nothing but girly panties and always smiles

I would be willing the bet that she was also wearing panties and therefore understands that they are comfortable. On the other hand, she may be wearing men's boxers like a lot of women do.

Quote Originally Posted by Micayla View Post
    My first time in panties with my doctor was a total accident.I was there just to renew some pain killers for a bum knee.She talked to me about recieving some cortisone shots and I agreed.Thinking it would be done on another appointment .I think I went quite pale when she said to drop my shorts.I was wearing a pretty lacey, marroon coloured sse thru brief.Well she turned a little bit red and said nothing.I asked her if it was troubling to her that i was wearing panties.She replied that it just suprissed her and what I wore was my bussiness alone.Since that time she has seen me in nothing but girly panties and always smiles
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

She definitely wears ladies briefs,could not help but notice when she bent down(White nothing fancy).

I stopped by my Dr's office last fall to pick up a re-issue for an on-going prescription, something I had done (and have done since) many times without an appointment or visit with the Dr or nurse. It was a cooler day so I was wearing a light jacket zipped up. The other reason I had it zipped up was I had on a nice blouse (black satin with puff short sleeves). I also had on side-zip slacks (no pockets), nylon/lace trouser socks and my usual loafers (also womens) and my usual full under-dressing...in black. When standing or walking, the socks can't be seen so I never really worry about them (yeah you can see 'em when you sit but ask me if I care...). Well, of all the times the Dr wanted to see me. I still didn't think anything about it since I have had to "see" her before...more of a consultation meeting I assumed like last time in her office. Not this time. I was directed to an exam room and the nurse asked me to take off my jacket so she could get my vitals. Ooooook....I said. I took off the jacket. She said pretty blouse. I thanked her. More small talk but she was strictly business in her actions and not an additional comment except when she was checking heart around front she asked if what I had up top was real or forms or padding...if they were forms I (me) would need to remove them, if it was a padded bra I'd need to remove it. I told her they were real and she proceeded just like nothing else happened. She left and I purposely stood right next to the door and listened. Not a word to anyone outside the door at the nurses station. Dr came up a few minutes later and I still didn't hear anything. Then she came into the room. "Pretty blouse" again..."where'd you get it". Slight amount of surprise on her face when I told her where and that it was a birthday gift from my wife. We talked, she went back over the notes from the nurse, she checked heart again and said "thats better". (I had relaxed a bit from the initial surprise of having to take off my jacket so I guess my rate was up a bit the first time). She wrote out my 3 month script, handed it to me and said we'll see you next time for a full checkup. A little more small talk and we left the room...and I left the office...and didn't put my jacket back on.
    Very professional, very matter of fact, and if condescending in any kind of attitude, they left it in a back room.

jenn

Since I am fairly much full time now, I am always dressed. The odd thing is when I meet with a new doctor for the first time they always ask if I am post-op more along the lines of "so you have done all your surgeries?"
    Which makes it slightly more embarrassing to admit that I'm not even close to there yet, due to $$$ issues.
    I have found that most work related doctors, do not want to put anything about it on the Federal forms, and most other medical professionals are more concerned about proper form of address as far as name and pronouns.
    Though the funniest was the one nurse who wanted to ask many questions and then informed me about her boyfriend, who recently came out to her. I gave her some places to check out for resources on the web.
    YIS,
    WRI

At one of my doctors visit I told him that I was a CDer, and it didn't seem to bother him a bit. He told me that it could not go any further than him or his office if a nurse noticed my undies. So, wear what you want.

I had a mersa infection on the back of my leg from a prick on a park bench and had to visit the local urgent care facility. I was smooth and silky from groin to toe. Didn't wear polish at that time. The nurses asked questions and I explained. Made for good conversation and that was about it. I felt good about it but it hurt like hell when she cut my leg open. DXXX now I have a scar. LOL.

Doctor Visit

Friday I'm having my annual stress test. This will be my first without body hair, lol. Check for weekend updates, lol.
    May everyone you love-love you
    Kimberly Ann
    www.flickr.com/photos/kimmie487

Quote Originally Posted by kimberly ann487 View Post
    annual stress test.
    Hm, never heard of that concept before. Wonder if it's typically American like the psycho profession's alphabetic soup of disorders.

I have to be very careful when I see mine. She is my neighbor.