Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm growing to hate Halloween

I'm growing to hate Halloween

Well, that sums it up - I'm growing to hate Halloween.
    I just returned from a Halloween party thrown by a co-worker. There were many wonderful and fun people there and I had a reasonably nice time I suppose. The thing is, so many women were wearing cute and adorable costumes, and yes, more than one or two were sexy as well. Me? Nope, that's outta the question. A few days ago when we were talking about it, and how I wish I could wear something cute to the party, she got this puckered look on her face like she had just sucked on a lemon by mistake.
    "Ewwww! Why do you EVEN go there?!" she demanded, making it crystal clear exactly how she felt about the very concept. It's the one time where we can safely get away with it around people we know, and I am really kind of growing to resent her disgusted stance and attitude on it.
    So reasonable, or unreasonable, whether I'm a spoiled brat or not, I AM coming to hate Halloween. It just rubs my face in how my wife apparently really feels about me, and what I can and can't be, what I am and am not.
    Yup, I think Halloween sucks . . .

Smile

Just stop and count your blessings, Kimberly.
    May everyone you love-love you
    Kimberly Ann
    www.flickr.com/photos/kimmie487

I get the same from my wife, Kimberly. I really think she resents the attention I get when dressed.
    She is supportive at times but, then other times I have learned not to even mention crossdressing. Menopause?
    By the way Kimberly, love your postings and pics.

Sorry to hear about your predicament sis.
    Halloween is the perfect time for "anything goes" where you can wear whatever you want and nobody will care to judge.
    I feel your pain, but I hope that one day your wife will be understanding.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

One of the conundrums of life on this earth. Dawn

If Kimberly's life sucks then it's time for me quit crossdressing and go play more ice hockey.........
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Kimberly, you have an extremely supportive spouse who has put up with a lot so that you can cross dress. Yes, there are some here who say that CDs should dress whenever and wherever they want, damn the consequences. But you seem like someone who cares about his wife and her feelings.

Why not surprise her and suggest a couple costume where *she's* the female one and you're her man--e.g. Romeo and Juliet. I'll bet it would mean a lot to her. Sure, it's less fun than being a girl, but you might be surprised at how much joy you'd get from making her happy. (If she's neutral on the idea, you can just drop it..)

I really dont know what to say Kim, maybe she just got the totally wrong impression about your costume or something..

So what exactly what did you want to wear??

[SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by cdinmd206 View Post
    I get the same from my wife, Kimberly. I really think she resents the attention I get when dressed.
    Sorry, but I don't it's jealousy that's at work. There are very few CDs who look better than GGs, even menopausal ones.

The problem is more that she's a heterosexual woman and she's attracted to men. So it's hard for her to see the man she married as a woman.

I understand that CDs have an inherent need to dress. But wives have an inherent need for a man, that's what being straight means. They can't help wanting a man anymore than you can't help not wanting to dress as one.

Just returned from a halloween party and there were a a few guys dressed as women but no where's close to passing. Oddly enough, a person who I thought was in drag was actually a gg. Later that night I was flirting with her. I found it funny when one of the guys almost tripped going down a step while in heels. I would have loved to have dressed up but not with my bro-in-law around and hard to meet women for dating.

I know how bummed you are Kim about not getting to dress on our national holiday. To say how lucky you are to have a supportive wife is quite true either. Hang in there, your day will come.

sent you a PM hun
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby View Post
    Just returned from a halloween party and there were a a few guys dressed as women but no where's close to passing. Oddly enough, a person who I thought was in drag was actually a gg. Later that night I was flirting with her. I found it funny when one of the guys almost tripped going down a step while in heels. I would have loved to have dressed up but not with my bro-in-law around and hard to meet women for dating.

I know how bummed you are Kim about not getting to dress on our national holiday. To say how lucky you are to have a supportive wife is quite true either. Hang in there, your day will come.
    Well, that can't be good.......esp for her.....

Gold Member
    Hi Kimberly...wish I could say something clever and hopeful to make you feel better, but if it's any consolation, I'm sure you would've turned quite a few heads. Chin up gf. There'll be other Halloween's ..

Kim... You look so good when you are dressed maybe your wife was worried that you'ed out yourself. Given that opportunity would you have given it your best shot? Just a thought.
    Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Its sucky to hear that. Sorry about that Kim.
    But look at the bright side, you get to do a lot, stuff that other girls on here only wish of doing.

not to mention the way you tell the stories of your travels have prob made more then a few girls in here hit the door running.

So, a no go for halloween, sucks yes, but you can always think of it this way - leave it for the folks in the closet to enjoy, you have the other 364 days to be out.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

OMG, Kimberly. I just don't understand what is so terrible about going out dressed around Halloween. I hate to see you getting p**** whipped like this - it makes my head hurt.

Aw Kim, It's just another party. Of course I can speak honestly and openly now that my wife has left me. Although in a way I'm sorry that the marriage did not work out, (nobody enjoys failure) it's been such a relief for me.

Hey wives will tolerate our little hobby as long as it suits them. I don't think that there is a spouse alive who does not feel threatened by it, regardless of what they say. For one thing they know what goes on in that feminine head of theirs and when we begin to express our "feminine" feelings it's almost like we are reading their minds.

Anyway, I am going to a couple of Halloween parties. I was thinking of going to one as a dominatrix but I gave up on that idea. Actually a Mother Superior would probably suit me better. I came across a web site that had wonderful costumes. They were custom made but it is really too late to do anything.

So, I will dress nice in keeping with the occasion and have a wonderful time, but I won't be going as any witch or bitch or anything like that. I came across some pics of a Halloween party a couple of years ago. I have to scan the pics and send them to you. One of my friends is a well known cosmetologist in the Boston area and she did up her SO in a fantastic witch makeup and costume.

As far as getting approval from our spouses, forget it. We are lucky if they tolerate us.

Rita
    To Thine Own Self Be True. . .

Even though we here in Australia don't do the whole halloween thing we are having a party at our cricket club on saturday night.... I'm NOT allowed to dress up either! The kids will be, i tried to find something but was told that i wasn't to do it, that was the end of that.

Don't worry, Halloween for us CDs is like New Years and St. Patty's day is for heavy drinkers - amateur hour!

Besides, isn't one of the points of Halloween to 'get outside' youself and try to scare the kids?

All the Best,
    Ann / SS

No place to go.

Well I'd love to have some place to go! Femme dressed or not. But as I have no one to say no I'll probally dress in one of my american indian princess outfits and pass out treats. This in keeping with my life history. Vivian Fair

Kim, I think you should skip Halloween altogether. You don't need it & the sour lemons , and you dress enfemme all the time anyway & look great!

Funny, I've never enjoyed Halloween, even as a kid. Guess I'd rather en femme "naturally" and not int he context of a costume.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I'm gonna be a brunette Tinkerbell, and anybody who doesn't like it can kiss my ass!

I don't see what this has to do with Halloween. If you're in a relationship where everyday you are confronted with major things that you know you will always hate about each other you have to ask yourself why you're still in that relationship.

This situation seems a bit ridiculous. Does everything have to be a difficult compromise that neither of you are happy with? Either go to the party or don't. Either dress as a woman or don't. What's the point in going to the party all femme but not wearing what you want to wear? If your femme side pisses her off shouldn't she be happy if you go edgy with it instead of wearing an everyday look and making it totally obvious that this is what you like to do and not just a joke for Halloween?

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    It just rubs my face in how my wife apparently really feels about me, and what I can and can't be, what I am and am not.
    All of us get down sometimes and feel like the beauty, the success, the relationships, or the entire lives of others are rubbing our faces in what we will never be. I just cry a little bit and dump it all on my therapist the next week. Hang in there, Kim!

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about your frustration Kim.

Personally, I would probably avoid going to a mainstream costume party en femme unless I was 100 percent certain I was willing to out myself to whom ever was there. Have you ever seen men at costume parties who aren't usually crossdressers dress up? They look terrible. People like us on the other hand would do it so well, people would pretty much guess we've done it before. That, and I think we'd enjoy it way too much. Just my observations.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

I'm sorry Kimberly...I hate Halloween because of this issue. Steph is going out as a femme vampire. My issue is to me its not a costume, I know the truth, and that's what makes it hard because no one else does. I want to be something funny, but can't find a costume that isn't sexy..We are not going to a party, we are going tick or treating with my son...he's going to be Boba Fett. This mean going to my parents..his parents..and his nanie's. I am scared of the reactions...questions..that's why I want a full face mask...my parent know when I am lieing....can't hide it..never have...since my mom is in hospice..I really don't want her to worry. Steph told me that with Halloween all bets were off and in essence I didn't have a say on what she was going to do...I would really like us all to be star wars theme..since this is the first Halloween no one has to work. Right now I think I'd rather work..then turn what is supposed to be a fun holiday to a stressful one. I hope you both can come to a compromise some how
    [SIZE="3"]Do not wait; the time will never be ''just right.'' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.

It is much easier to be critical than to be correct.

They condemn what they do not understand.

[/SIZE]