Thread: when did you stop hidding?

when did you stop hidding?

the need ,or more correctly,desire,to come out and be seen as women,is all I think about. I am not passable.Seeing my friends here with there pics,you are all buetifull. I cant hide much longer,I did go out as a girl a couple times to get gas and soda, one or two poeple saw me.At home i am as female as possible,I am " a girl for real in my mind" I am also scarred like a little girl facing a lion. Im truely wishing I could be me ,and still have a job/and be breathing.

How long have you been dressing and what do you think is holding you back????
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Krissie, I started going out about a year and half ago and know full time but it has to be in your time not mine or others.If this is what you want you will know when and how.

Teri

Have you noticed, that not all GG's are totally wonderful. Some are heavy and old,(like me). Some haven't been to the Beauty Shop, 20 minutes ago.
    Half or more is "presents", knowing, but then that is how most were trained for how many years. Give yourself permission to learn. Go for it, love it.

I first went out 4 decades ago... But more recently the last 5 years I'm out and about a lot.. And you never really stop hiding from someone or anyone or yourself..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

it'll happen

I stopped hiding at 15 just after I accidently outed myself to my parents. Once the secret was out to them.. nobody else mattered much. There is no set time table.. you'll be ready when you are ready. I know it sometimes seems like it will be impossible, but if it is truly what you want to do.. you'll do it. You'll get a lot of friendly advice and support here, but the bottom line is that you and only you can make that leap of faith.
    Good luck and happy landings

Kelly
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I first went out in San Francisco in 1951! I was on leave from the Navy, bought an outfit from Frederick's of Hollywood, and went out. What a blast! I was 19 years old! That was probably before a lot of you were even born!

Then later when I got engaged and told my wife to be, she offered to do my makeup and fix my wig. For the next 49+ years until she passed away I went out in public as Stephanie frequently. Now I go out as a guy in a skirt, no makeup and no wig. My attitude? I really don't care what people think! I am a Crossdresser, nothing more or less! If you don't like the way I look, don't look at me!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Krissie1962 View Post
    ...the need ,or more correctly,desire,to come out and be seen as women,is all I think about. I am not passable.... Im truely wishing I could be me ,and still have a job/and be breathing.
    Me? I came out to my own mind a little less than 2 years ago, when I decided to join this forum. I, too was tired of hiding. And a few months after that, I went out in public, with the help of a good friend from here, for the first time. Nervous? Hell, yes! Scared? You bet! Overjoyed? Absolutely!

Well, Krissie... There's more for us to do than just: 1) stay in because we're unpassbale or 2) get pretty and go out and have fun...

There's lots of middle ground when it comes to going out or staying in. Most likely many of the best looking girls you see here never go out for various reasons. Also ... many of the least passable go out all the time and just don't worry about passing.

Still ... even if your scared about passing, about getting outted, about your job, about family, about anything ... you can still get out a lot. There are TG social groups in just about every major city in North America. (Many cities have several!) There are Conferences across the continent, a major one almost every month of the year. (Conferences, in particular, are an excellent way for the "newbie" or nervous to go public without even being in public!

Search out and read the many threads that were generated in the last month or so by the SCC (Southern Comfort Conference) in Atlanta. About 50 members here were among the 800 others that attended a week of seminars, parties, dinners and just plain socializing at that event. A huge percentage of them were first-timers (their first time out ever and their first time at a conference!) And they all say the same thing ... welcoming, affirming, non-judgemental, and a lotta fun. Everyone presenting female was a sister, everyone presenting male was a brother. (Everyone presenting as "other" was still a good friend...LOL!) They'll also say that they learned more about themselves in that 5 days than they would've reading a shelf full of books.

You've already come out to us. We understand! Now, when you're ready, it's time to meet us face to face... We're here ... and we're ready for you...

Welcome to the world, Krissie!

When I accepted my crossdressing as a part of who I am and decided that I was going to be ME from that point on.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.