Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardwood floors?

Hardwood floors?

How many of you girls have the problem of scratching up the hardwood floors with your heels? you should see my room only person that has seemed to notice though is my gf and she doesnt care.
    Shun Goku Satsu. Ms. Raging demon

That's my one and only restriction....no high heels on the hardwood floors. Just keep most of your weight on the front of your foot and the heels won't dent the floor.
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Gold Member
    Take a tip from an old Hard-wood floor layer; Go to the shoe-maker and get
    a hard rubber tip for your spike heals. This will lessen the markes on the floor.
    Be carefull, as they will ware off much faster than the mettle ones on the
    shoes now. But if you only use them in the house, they will work and last
    a long time.

Metal heels? I been shopping in the wrong shoe sore, all mine are plastic.

Maybe thats where my MIL gets the idea I am "gonna peck" the vinyl flooring in the kitchen. Hasn't been a problem but she somehow has got the seam to pop up and she keeps tripping over that. Maybe she wears steel toes?

Wouldn't steel heels be cool on sidewalks? Sparks would fly
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Yeah all mine are plastic, i cant imagine what the metal spike heels would do to a floor!
    Sparking heels would be awesome. except you might cause a few wrecks and the like from all the attention:

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Remember that a 100 pound woman ( will take a wild guess and assume most of the girls on this forum are a little bit over the 100 pound threshold) on spike heels puts over several hundreds of pounds on the tip of the spike as it contacts the floor no wonder the hard wood dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
    Remember that a 100 pound woman ( will take a wild guess and assume most of the girls on this forum are a little bit over the 100 pound threshold) on spike heels puts over several hundreds of pounds on the tip of the spike as it contacts the floor no wonder the hard wood dents.
    That would assume that the woman is walking totally on the heels and not placing weight on the ball of the foot. In hard woods it would also assume that she was stomping down. Pine would dent easily, Oak should not.

The sad thing on this I know that CD's and especially DQ's put extra force on the heel, enough to snap it off. Maybe we need to learn to glide?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

If I've got this right...
    Metal heel tips den hardwood floors, rubber/plastic do not.
    But metal heels sound gorgeous on stone or concrete floors and footpaths, rubber/plastic do not.
    Hm. That's a very difficult decision!!!

Does anyone know of a small rubber tip I could slip onto a spike heel while I'm in the house, but remove when I go out?

Tony

If im not mistakin i think like Rader said you can get some put on, and i think you can get them online to DIY but im not positive.
    Paulette your right, i remember being in highschool and reading that in my math book it was some kind of word problem. But i remember thinking wow surprise you never hear of women kicking Robbers and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Vi View Post
    How many of you girls have the problem of scratching up the hardwood floors with your heels? you should see my room only person that has seemed to notice though is my gf and she doesnt care.
    My downstairs is all hardwood - I have never had this problem. Are you sure you are not tracking in rocks or something else on the bottoms of your drab shoes? I have seen that gack up a floor pretty nicely.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Metal heels? I been shopping in the wrong shoe sore, all mine are plastic.

Maybe thats where my MIL gets the idea I am "gonna peck" the vinyl flooring in the kitchen. Hasn't been a problem but she somehow has got the seam to pop up and she keeps tripping over that. Maybe she wears steel toes?

Wouldn't steel heels be cool on sidewalks? Sparks would fly
    I had a GG friend that literally poked holes in another friends vinyl flooring with her stilettos. At their house warming party.

No its my heels for sure you can see the shape of the heel perfect. i was just wonderin if other girls have done that

I haven't noticed any damage to my oak floors. But the wood is about 100 years old and it gets harder with age.

Maybe it's time to refinish the floors with some new polyurethane (which is very tough).

Linoleum (the actual expensive stuff) seems to be impervious to heels, too.

But Vinyl floors will get pecked up.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

maybe I need different heels

The only problem I have is that one pair of heels leaves black marks on the floor. They can be washed, but what a pain .

All the rest of my heels seem to be compatible with the floor but I don't have any metal spikes...yikes!

tina

some thing that wrong with them foors that all i have in my house and it dont show must be the finesh on them

Easy solution.... Home Depot rents a floor sander and buy the good polyeurathan this time!! hahaha
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Im not much for wood work more used to metal,tractors and farming but if it gets to bad i will try it.
    BTW i like your new avatar Karren

Only broader heels and wedges on my hardwoods. I save the sexy stilettos for out of the house wear only. My wife ruined the vinyl in our house in Fl., and now adheres to the same rules as I do

I bought a "runner" rug that stretches out nicely on my hardwood floor in the hallway. My bathroom floor was badly pock marked with the effect of my heels (it's where I put my makeup on!). I have now laid ceramic floor tiles there with underfloor heating. Bliss!

The rest of the rooms are carpeted. I still have to vacum them afterwards though as my heels leave little dent marks which come out easily with a rub of the vacum cleaner.

Aspiring Member
    We have laminate flooring in our home, don't know if this is more resistant to scratches or not, have heard that it wears better than real hardwood. I only have one pair of shoes with a thin heel anyway, so I don't worry much about it.

Back in the eighties I built a new kitchen and large dinining room on to our house, rushed to get the hardwwod floor in the dining area ready for the family Christmas dinner. My wife's sisters all six of them (tall women too). Came out in their holiday finery and heels... next day cleaning up looked like an old warehouse floor. In construction terms they call that the distressed look. Which is the look I had on my face I suppose.
    May the stars carry your sadness away,
    May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
    May hope forever wipe away your tears,
    And, above all, may silence make you strong.

Chief Dan George

Quote Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
    I think the comparison is that a woman in spikes puts more stress on a floor than an elephant does. weight over area and all.

Dunno about the shoes. I've seen this, but never quite could repeat it myself. Get a floor sealer or harder hardwood.
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

I wear stiletto heels all the time at home. My tile flooring is fine but the linoleum (sp?) in my bathrooms and kitchen certainly show the marks. But I refuse to wear low heels!

Same here Candy, I love my sexy heels!

Put down a heavy coating of polyurethene. I love the sound of walking across the hard wood floors. You can't get that going across a rug.