Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardwood floors?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Check your stelettos closely, girls!

Rite after I started dressing, I noticed I was quickly destroying the rubber/plastic tips on mine!

Under the rubber tip, r screws that hold the heel on! Even if your tips r still on, if they're cracked or damaged, the screw can poke thru and put holes in vinyl, or scratch wood floors!

Fortunately, all my wood floors have rugs on them!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Young Senior Citizen Elsa Larson's Avatar

floor tiles

I once went shopping en femme at an upscale mall. In one section, the pressure from my heels deformed the floor tiles enough to make then snap loose.
    What's between your legs and what you like to do with it is your business, not mine. Please give me the same courtesy.
    Everyone who refers to sexuality as a preference reveals their own bisexuality.
    I hope to live long enough to see a time when one's sexuality or gender identity is no more important than one's religion or politics.
    DO link up with your local support group. It's an easy way to meet similar people, help others, educate the public and be part of the political process.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tallelsa/

Oak hardwood floors throughout, no noticeable dents or scratches and I have been clomping around on them in heels for 3 years??
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

and the heels won't dent the floor.
    ive got 3/4" red oak flooring in all of the common areas of the house and in the corner where most of my pictures are taken, there are lots of little heel shaped dents. my heels are plastic tipped...

i asked my wife where all of the dents came from but she didnt know or notice them in the first place...

Yes the little pock mark heel shapes. Best bet im getting from all this is to just not where spike heels on the hardwood. Which i most certainly will continue
    Shun Goku Satsu. Ms. Raging demon

At a house that we lived in ,had a real pine floor after spending about a week sanding and polishing it looked brilliant ,we then had a birthday party for about 30 people a great night was had by all WELL the following day it looked awfull full of indentations i could have cried ,all my hard work gone to pot.
    i asked a flooring expert to have a look and he said that a 120 lb girl in spiked heels creates a pressure of approx 2.5 tons per square inch while walking more if they dance ?

J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Hi All,

At least the super hard finish of manufactured laminated flooring that looks like hardwood, doesn't indent. I just finsihed installing nearly 800 sq.ft. of it in our home. It doesn't mark with high heels! I checked that pretty quickly, because my spouse can't wear heels.
    Hugs,
    Gwen

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmy p View Post
    I had a GG friend that literally poked holes in another friends vinyl flooring with her stilettos. At their house warming party.
    Years ago, Houses had a special plywood underlayment where vinyl floors
    where layed. "It was called pluged and touch sanded" That is the plywood had no voids in it that i spike heal shoe could poke through and make a hole.
    Today that extra cost in house construction has gone away because the
    high heal shoe has lost its fashion, resulting in platform type shoes with
    larger heal area than the spikes. Yes I remember metel spikes on shoes,
    My moyher had them, And dad,(also a carpender) would curse thoes
    darn shoes. I can LOL now, I was to young at the time to understand.
    Rader

When i still lived at home with my parents there was a strict no shoes policy in the house, that meant everybody. That house had a huge family room with a highly polished random hardwood floor. (looked great too)

When dad went to sell the house he did notice some marks on the floor that looked like heel marks. If he had have found out the truth i don't think i'd be writing this....

The next house we moved into was much better, it was fully tiled.

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I haven't noticed any heel marks on any of my wood floors. I have noticed that my dog leaves scuff marks when she tears around the house though.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending