Thread: Dressing up in Guitar Hero and Rock Band games

Dressing up in Guitar Hero and Rock Band games

Been completely addicted to playing ever since the first GH came out in 2005, but it was only a few months ago that I took the opportunity to create girl characters. I think it's pretty good practice for trying out different outfit styles and color combinations! I ended up created Amy on RB2, though more in the sense of how I'd want to look like as a rock star were I born a GG than what I actually look like en femme. Gorgeous red hair, a dark blue corset/blouse/skirt combination that seems kinda artsy, purple heels, and green eyeliner... I may have to use her as an avatar eventually! I also find her an interesting contrast to my main male Viking character who can do a pretty mean death metal growl when called upon.... haha. Yeah, I'm a dork, but the girl end of me felt strangely accomplished in this video game context, even though if I looked like my RB girl version in real life, I'd probably feel self-conscious about having really big hips, much like how I'm self-conscious about being a twig as a guy at 5'6", 125-130 pounds.

125-130 pounds? Hey I would like to be that scrawny - many crossdressers are shaped the way a man is supposed to be shaped.
    I weigh 200lbs and I could stand to lose some weight - I'm not a fat guy I just have a big belly like a man is supposed to have.
    Oh and I have really thick calves.

Anyway - a really good game for this kind of thing is The Sims 3. You can do a tremendous amount of customization for dressing your characters and there is even online content (that you have to pay for) that you can download.

At first I really disliked the game but it gets to you after a while and you get addicted to it.

And yes I always play female characters in Guitar Hero.
    What's not cool about a chick band?

Aspiring Member
    I'm also a rather scrawny guy, about 125 lbs as well. However, despite my relatively small figure, I've still been "blessed" with broad shoulders and enough body hair to keep me warm in the winter...well, except for on my head.

Haven't played guitar hero much, but I am guilty of selecting the female characters in other games. Princess Peach is my favorite for games like Mario Party and Mario Kart. I've always wanted to dress up as her for Halloween or something but don't think I could do her justice haha.

I have very rarely created a male character in any game which me an option. Even before I was "out" I just did it because it was exciting to play a girl. Still is actually.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Juggler View Post
    125-130 pounds? Hey I would like to be that scrawny - many crossdressers are shaped the way a man is supposed to be shaped.
    Yeah, I do feel fortunate to be around that size. But one of the more disarming things to me about the whole CDing experience has been to go from feeling like a twig in guy mode to actually feeling *fat* trying on quite a few things when dressed! I had no idea that was possible with someone who's as skinny as I am. Moments like that sure make me feel more sympathy for the GG side...

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Haha...I ALWAYS play a girl character when given the choice. In Mario Cart, I'm almost always Princess Peach. My SO and friends tease me about it all the time. In WoW, all but one of my characters is female (10 to 1). I've only played GH once, but when I did, I picked a hot girl. As I was choosing, one of my friends jokingly said I should pick a girl...don't ever dare me to pick a girl character...
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

"I need more cowbell." dennisGTS's Avatar
    I have GH World Tour and have created a girl character also. I love going into the character edit and changing her outfit...although, in real life, I wouldn't be caught dead in most of the girl clothing on that game. Like most of the other members here, when playing a character in a game, I usually go for the girl characters...unless the male characters have way better stats when trying to win.
    (¯`'•.(¯`'•.¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,•♥• ƸӜƷ•♥• ,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº ¤ø,¸¸,•♥•ƸӜƷ•♥•,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸ ,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º¤ø,¸.• '´¯)¸.•'´¯)
    [SIZE="3"]"Crossdressing men, with a little discretion and a lot of anxiety, can pass as normal and retain all the privilege of their birthright.
    They don't have to tell anyone they are wearing lacy panties under their jeans."

–Helen Boyd[/SIZE]

(`*•...*(`*•.¸...-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-¸.•*´)*...•*´)

i made a girl character in Rock Band 2 that looks exactly like me dressed up in my halloween costume.. i can try and do some sorta pic to show you all if you wanna see
    <3 Jenny

I'd take your size anytime. You probably don't wear a 13 heel either.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Should try dressing up and play Guitar Hero. We (my local crossdressing group Masquerade) had a Rocker Chick themed house party where we dressed up as a rocker chick and played Guitar Hero. It was great fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've only player GH Metallica and I chose a girl (Midori). But I did it because she was hot!

heres me on the right and my Rock Band 2 character on the left:

<3 Jenny

Not all the time but a majoirty of the time I do play female characters in games. I ocassionaly play a game called maplestory. My characters there are female. I dont own Guitar hero but I have used a girl the few times I have played it. Now if you want to go way back. I used to play street fighter. I believe the characters name that I used most often was Chun Li. This has been a while so that might be exactly right but you get the idea. I do play some my space apps . Sorority Life, Fashion Wars , and a few others.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

While I haven't played GH yet. WHen I do attempt it I will be making a female. In games where I have a choice I will pick a female.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

CDing in Sims2

I play a self-sim in Sims2, she is male sim named Heather who thanks to simergirl.com (not sure if it's to mention other websites) has a nice selection of cloths and make up (more then I do in real life )

Sheesh, how old am I? I play guitar, and I can't even handle Wii.
    When or if GH has a version with Twisted Sister in it, I want in!

I named my band "Dressed to Kilt" and it has four members, two guys and two girls, and the two guys are both wearing kilts and the two girls are wearing schoolgirl skirts. I designed it so they have white or black shirts and so the whole band has kind of a pattern going, and the guys are both wearing a bit of eyeliner as well.

One of the guys is named "Ryan" and one of the girls is named "Alyssa," my old girl name, so when I want to be a skirt boy like myself I can, or if I want to vicariously live out my more girly past, I can as well.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    All this talk about Rock Band made me think of a recent episode of South Park.

Cartman is wailing out the lyrics of Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face' while playing Rock Band with his friends. Check it out, it might be better than the original. Hmm, now that I think about it, Cartman has dressed femme on a number of occasions throughout the years.

Sorry to interrupt the thread with something almost completely unrelated, resume the rocking and the rolling.

8rys, going on walkabout
    I have a character of each gender currently for RB2. I had to modify my female character so it didn't look to much like my wife's. Ironically the last time I played my male character with some friends I was accused of playing a femme character. I didn't see that coming at all.

Zorro with a makeup brush BeckiB's Avatar
    Damn..there are no girl options in Modern Warfare 2!!!!

Yea I also dress up and played rock band this is what I had on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    mostly harmless

How funny! My RB2 character is a girl also. I love buying clothes and jewelry for her and spend waaay too much time 'shopping' in game. I just find it more engaging in styling a female character than a male (and perhaps I'm covertly trying to express my femininity? )

In other computer games, I've created both male and female characters but always associated myself more with the females (and likewise have sunk plenty of game 'money' to doll them up).

Melanie

I too almost always play a girl character in games. it just feels natural to me. My buddies inquired as to why i do one day and i told them "for the eye candy." they had no choice but to accept that answer.
    skirts rule pants drool!!