Thread: Questions

Questions

Have we all crossed the boundary of society as defined by the majority of the un-thinking populace?
    Is dressing in the clothing of the opposite sex such a deviance that we limit ourselves to fully experience the female image, by saying only this and no more? Given an unlimited time what would we do? Moreover given an unlimited time, what will society do, will we someday adopt unisex clothing? And if we do, will we kill the mystery of different gender identification?

I don't know, it's late and I am asking, a larger more knowledgeable audience. What are your thoughts?

I'm missing something here.. How are we limiting ourselvs? And what's the female experience?

My only limit is time..... The lack of it.... And anyone that's been out in public living enfemme for a couple days straight has gotten as close to this experience as they will ever get... SRS is the only thing tht will get them closer..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My take on the OP was that she feels that with CD's it's either all or none. I think she's seeing the distant future where this isn't men in skirts, or women in pants, or even a name for it. It's just a bunch of not-naked people running around.

There are some here that take path: JiveTurkeyOnRye, Intertwined, for the two I know off the top of my head. There's at least two others, but I think they have "real" names so I can't remember them at all.

As for the mystery of gender identification, CD is just a subset of that whole world - solving the CD "problem*" won't make GID or other issues any clearer.

*as in complex situation, not trouble to be fixed.
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

How are we limiting ourselvs? And what's the female experience?
    A correction: I should have said -- some of us are limiting ourselves. The female experience, is my clumsy way of identifying my feeling while dressed.

My take on the OP was that she feels that with CD's it's either all or none
    Not so -- here again my inability to form a cogent statement, aimed at the guilt I see on the many posts about being seen in public. I have been on both sides of the guilt question, not wanting to out myself, yet time and time I do out myself, fearing that my exposure would lead to ridicule and loss of position. All or nothing? Heavens forbid, let me have the smallest portion of this, then I will again escalate to outing myself again, in a different city, in a different time.

I suppose I am one of those restless persons who, needs more and more of a good thing.

One thing for certain "NO MORE PURGING" too old

T think thats up to people like us Alicia. It certainly makes life interesting.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

As for "unisex clothing", just wear a t-shirt and a pair of jeans and that is pretty unisex these days. It is also quite boring. If "unisex" clothing goes down that route then I'll stick to being a crossdresser.

Although my comment may have sounded cynical, I do believe that clothing should be "unisex" in the sense that no item of clothing should be specifically regarded as "male" or "female". I mean, most "male" clothes are, frankly, just dull.

Katie B., you make a very good point. Society isn't going to change of its own accord unless people stand up for themselves.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Here's MY prediction, Alicia.

Except for fetish, and/or in bedrooms, when's the LAST time u heard of a female wearing a corset?

Yet, many CDs DO! As well as dressing up to the 9's! Which women r doing less and less these days.

So, maybe in a hundred years, as unisex clothing becomes increasingly popular, CDs will stand out because of their elegant and stylish fem looks!

And they will be APPRECIATED for TRYING to keep fem looks; attractive, sexy, and eye pleasing!

Remember, u read it HERE first!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I do have that fear of if cross dressing is totally accepted then will I dress and be out and if so will there be a loss of "that" excitement for me.. I doubt that cross dressing would ever be accepted in my lifetime but if it were... imagine the possibilities...
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Dream on, aint going to happen, at least not on the planet earth.

I would be more worried that if we go to unisex clothing we may lose some of the item we love the most. Nylons, Colorful or fnacy dresses, or even corsets. We don't know what will happen in that cituation. 100 yrs ago women didn't even wear slacks. Now they wear jean and wife beater shirts.

My 2 cents...unisex clothing IS boring and would destroy the mystique we now enjoy. Shirts and jeans may have a practical use, but there's nothing like dressing to the nines!
    Enacting life's lessons into positive change...

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia Grey View Post
    Is dressing in the clothing of the opposite sex such a deviance that we limit ourselves to fully experience the female image, by saying only this and no more?
    I'm sorry for not quite understanding the question, but are you saying that when a lot of us crossdress we somehow limit ourselves by feeling pressured to dress "all the way"? Well, yes, I guess that's one way of looking at it. If a person enjoys feeling different by wearing different clothes, but feels that they have to dress "all the way" and try to pass in order to do it then perhaps this is limiting. I do agree that for some people presenting in "in between mode" as a feminine male "can" be a challenge in busy public places. I do do this and sometimes I do feel the pressure of people looking at me, but I think it's mostly because people are not used to seeing a guy wearing fairly obvious girls' clothes, not necessarily because they don't suit me. IMHO it's limiting only if you allow it to be ..... in the sense that you care about how strangers perceive you, or you don't like standing out in a crowd, or you fear some sort of confrontation.

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia Grey View Post
    Given an unlimited time what would we do? Moreover given an unlimited time, what will society do, will we someday adopt unisex clothing? And if we do, will we kill the mystery of different gender identification?
    I don't think we'll ever get to absolute unisex clothing in the sense that both men and women only wear the same style of clothing. Clothing styles (especially women's clothes) seem to be designed used to highlight and draw attention to various parts of the body (low cut tops, short skirts etc) and in doing so IMHO tend to draw attention to the differences in male and female bodies. I think women like wearing cute clothes (there's a multi-billion dollar shopping industry built around that assumption) I don't think men have that same "relationship with clothing" like women do and so I don't think regular guys aren't going to gravitate towards cute clothes, and similarly I don't think women are going to want to only have clothing choices that are gender neutral or more like mens' clothes. I'm saying that I don't think people will ever want to all look the same in the way they dress. I think there will always be gender differences in clothes [SIZE="1"](thank God for that!)[/SIZE] if there's a difference in the future then maybe it'll be somewhat more acceptance of "deviating from the norm" and that it's ok if a guy wants to feel pretty by wearing clothes that were designed for women ... here's hoping
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia Grey
    Have we all crossed the boundary of society as defined by the majority of the un-thinking populace?
    [SIZE="2"]Is there a physical boundary I’m not aware of? Being outside the mainstream of society is my own cherished location, or am I just making lemonade from the bad lemons I’ve been given? The un-thinking populace dictates that I remain in the closet, so I shall – if I join “them” I will cease to think, after all. Their loss is my gain, so I revel in my unrestrained thought processes…[/SIZE]

Moreover given an unlimited time, what will society do, will we someday adopt unisex clothing? And if we do, will we kill the mystery of different gender identification?
    [SIZE="2"]If everyone dressed in unisex clothing, I would go ultra-feminine, much like I do now. If we all adopt the clothing of the opposite gender willy-nilly, to the point where it’s nothing special to see someone dressed that way, I think I would still crossdress and wear my favorite things for old time’s sake. After all, it has nothing to do with challenging society for this girl – it’s all about feeling wonderful (or just better, if that may suffice), getting into my personal feminine space for reasons of comfort and pleasure…[/SIZE]

I don't know, it's late and I am asking, a larger more knowledgeable audience. What are your thoughts?
    [SIZE="2"]It’s later than you think. Are you sure we’re more knowledgeable? It has more to do with feelings than anything, and the willingness to listen to your true self, of course…[/SIZE]

I feel that type of clothes dosen't realy make much of a difference it's what and how you feel in your clothes. I wear mostly tee and jeans but when I put on a bra under I feel like a girl