Thread: Small step for others, Big step for me

Small step for others, Big step for me

Yesterday I went to pick up a prescription for my wife. It was supposed to be ready when I got there but it wasn’t. The girl said it will be about 10 minutes. So I wandered around. In the sale rack there were a few make-up sets for $6.24. The sets contained; 2 eye shadow, 2 eye liner pencils, foundation, lip gloss, mascara, (all in full size) and 3 applicators. I went down the cosmetics aisle and checked out the prices of these different items. The prices of 2 cosmetics were more than that whole set. Now all the colors might not be what I would chose, but I figured I could get practice applying make-up and advance to other colors later. I got and paid for the prescription, then picked up the make-up kit. I went to the check out line and the cute college age girl in front of me put down a divider after her stuff. I put mine on the belt. She saw it, turned and smiled at me. Neither she, nor the check out guy commented at all about it. Wow, my first make-up. It also has a picture and detailed instructions on how to apply it.

Later, after supper, when I was home with my wife, she wanted to show me something. The neighbor lady dropped off some Avon booklets. She asked if it was alright to get a certain type of lipstick. She said she wasn’t sure if she would like it but she would like to try it. “And for only $.99 if I don’t like it…” I said, “I co…um…Sure you may get it.” Oops! Boy that was close. I almost said that I could use it. What an evening. I guess I’m getting into this deeper. This is exciting to me.

Gold Member
    Small steps Marsha...small steps. Before you know it, you'll reach your nirvana!!

Banned Read only
    When we look back at all those little firsts with amazement and pleasure, we still gotta realize what huge steps they were at the time.

Congratulations, Marsha, keep expanding that envelope. There's nothing but fun and pleasure there.

(And consider a way to share your new found self with your wife, too. )

It is truely fun Marsha and it becomes addicting.

Teri