Thread: A Halloween Warning!!!

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar

A Halloween Warning!!!

I wanted to post this with all of the excitement about Halloween. For many of us our favorite time of the year. I want everyone to have a great time and have a lot of fun!

I wanted to warn against using halloween as an excuse to dress enfemm and to push our femm selves down our SOs throats so to speak. This is not a time to find validation, it is about family fun.

I have read more than a couple of posts about using halloween to "Break Her In" and "Its Halloween all bets are off" you know who you are and dare I say I have been in the same spot and tried the same approach.

Take it from me it is a bad Idea, it won't work, you are playing with fire, you are going to be sorry. You are setting back your cause by pushing to hard or using a family fun time to push the issue.

I am very lucky, as my wife wanted me to dress up as Abby this halloween, but it was at her suggestion, my wife children and I love the show and they are all having fun with making a joke out of dad! We are going to have a great time and a lot of laughs. That is what halloween is all about.

So if your SO is cool with the femme halloween thing thats great, if not just go as something else and have fun.

Just my two cents.
    Living the life I choose!

My SO is fine with me dressing for Halloween. I laugh about making a joke out of dad because when our kids asked what I was going to be I told them a girl and they thought it was the funniest thing they ever heard. they are both 10 so its going to be a big laugh taking them trick or treating when they see me walking in 5" heels all over town.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeries_Online View Post
    My SO is fine with me dressing for Halloween. I laugh about making a joke out of dad because when our kids asked what I was going to be I told them a girl and they thought it was the funniest thing they ever heard. they are both 10 so its going to be a big laugh taking them trick or treating when they see me walking in 5" heels all over town.
    Good for you, my kids are having a blast with it as well both boys 10 and 13 so is Mrs. picking out this and that, the rest of my family as well. It is just a great thing but they are in the driverrs seat so I know they are comfortable. Its great! Have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by DaphneGrey View Post
    I wanted to post this with all of the excitement about Halloween. For many of us our favorite time of the year. I want everyone to have a great time and have a lot of fun!

I wanted to warn against using halloween as an excuse to dress enfemm and to push our femm selves down our SOs throats so to speak. This is not a time to find validation, it is about family fun.

I have read more than a couple of posts about using halloween to "Break Her In" and "Its Halloween all bets are off" you know who you are and dare I say I have been in the same spot and tried the same approach.

Take it from me it is a bad Idea, it won't work, you are playing with fire, you are going to be sorry. You are setting back your cause by pushing to hard or using a family fun time to push the issue.

I am very lucky, as my wife wanted me to dress up as Abby this halloween, but it was at her suggestion, my wife children and I love the show and they are all having fun with making a joke out of dad! We are going to have a great time and a lot of laughs. That is what halloween is all about.

So if your SO is cool with the femme halloween thing thats great, if not just go as something else and have fun.

Just my two cents.
    [SIZE="3"]Do not wait; the time will never be ''just right.'' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.

It is much easier to be critical than to be correct.

They condemn what they do not understand.

[/SIZE]

Funny but I've never heard anyone mention that they use Halloween as an excuse to shove crossdressing down their SO's throat? People that would do that...... typically don't need an excuse to do something that stupid..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I agree Daphne if your dressing for halloween, leave it at that. It is not the right time to come out to your SO. It could cause problems. Come out to your SO when your ready and that should be your only subject. If you get to dress for halloween it'll be a good night if you make it for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Funny but I've never heard anyone mention that they use Halloween as an excuse to shove crossdressing down their SO's throat? People that would do that...... typically don't need an excuse to do something that stupid..
    It's a figure of speech, but they do do it or so I have been reading any way in quite a few of the recent threads. Or I wouldn't have brought it up.

So far this week I have read about one person who is going to dress up as girl even though his SO does not want him to. (she is trying really hard to be supportive very sad really) Another who is going to shave for the first time without discussing it with his wife. Another who is toying with wearing breast forms to bed after the costume comes off. Another using his halloween costume to force the issue.

I have read all of these in the past week or two, and frankly it makes me a little sad. Frankly I feel sorry for the SOs, and the kids.

Our SOs need time even the supportive ones, and they need and deserve honesty! Something I am sad to say very few of them get and people wonder why their SOs wont accept them! Its not the cross dressing its the deceit, and after that its using every opening and situation to try and get into a dress or pair of panties at the expense of their SOs feelings! Using every gesture of support no matter how small to force the door open wider than they are ready or willing to handle!

Yes it is a stupid thing to do and yet we read post after post after post of people doing it.

Funny Karen you posted in a couple of the threads I mentioned, as it is a public forum and they are all quite recent there is no need to post links.
    Last edited by DaphneGrey; 10-28-2009 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    I agree Daphne if your dressing for halloween, leave it at that. It is not the right time to come out to your SO. It could cause problems. Come out to your SO when your ready and that should be your only subject. If you get to dress for halloween it'll be a good night if you make it for the night.
    Thanks Sherri
    I also wanted to point out that Mrs Daphne was clear to point out that although she thought it would be cool and fun to dress me as Abby, She didn't want to dress me as Daphne. There is a difference between wearing a costume and being Daphnie as she sees it and I agree with her. She really is wonderful and i wouldnt dream of doing this if she hadn't suggested it. I would have been happy being a Pirate. That was the original plan.

I really need to start reading the posts I reply to?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well... you have to do it with grace. It is a great time to have fun with gender and to expose your SO and family to it. It is probably not a great day to come out, but use it as an introduction as a way to present a fem version of yourself in a positive and enjoyable way. And I don't think there is anything wrong with pushing the envelope in one area (just don't throw the whole package out there), maybe shaving your legs because you can always say the hair just didn't work with the stocking and some of your friends do it for biking...so you wanted to try it once. Then later find a way to tell others if that's what you want. The benefit to doing this on halloween is the feedback you get from others about how they feel before you tell anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    Well... you have to do it with grace. It is a great time to have fun with gender and to expose your SO and family to it. It is probably not a great day to come out, but use it as an introduction as a way to present a fem version of yourself in a positive and enjoyable way. And I don't think there is anything wrong with pushing the envelope in one area (just don't throw the whole package out there), maybe shaving your legs because you can always say the hair just didn't work with the stocking and some of your friends do it for biking...so you wanted to try it once. Then later find a way to tell others if that's what you want. The benefit to doing this on halloween is the feedback you get from others about how they feel before you tell anything.
    I understand what you are talking about here, but I wasn't talking about coming out. I was referring to people who were already out to their spouses/SOs. Using the opportunity to push past their SOs limits.

Its just my two cents and you should do what is right for you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by DaphneGrey View Post

Daphne, is that "Abby" from "NCIS"? Because that would make an awesome halloween outfit/look . Go for it! (I'm kind of an NCIS fan and Abby is my favourite character).

Ah... ya, I think you could overdo it if you are out (or even not out). I can see how a spouse could get tired of it quickly if that is all you ever do and it is a touchy subject for them. But, if you keep it fun and remember it is a costume you all can have a good time. It can get a little weird (even on halloween) if you act too feminine, you want to fool people, but not make them feel like fools. Talk in a male voice and crack some jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by izzfan View Post
    Daphne, is that "Abby" from "NCIS"? Because that would make an awesome halloween outfit/look . Go for it! (I'm kind of an NCIS fan and Abby is my favourite character).
    Yes quite right Abby from NCIS we are having a lot fun with it.

Brilliant choice for an outfit, as I said before, go for it! Glad to meet a fellow NCIS fan (although I've only seen episodes from the first 4 series, I don't have a clue whether the spin-off will be any good).