Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I or shoudn't I?

Should I or shoudn't I?

I an co-hosting a party Friday which will be mostly co-workers (book store.)

I have told them I'm doing drag like I did last year.

That said, last Halloween was Sophie's "birthday" when it all re-awakened inside me.

So, do I celebrate my "birthday" by dressing a s best I can, etc? Thus showing my co-workers that I've um gotten better at it? Or do I dress down in an obvious guy-in-drag outfit to play it off?

Caveat: the following night I'm going to a huge party, and will be enfemme there as well.

I'm wearing a skirt?

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    As good looking as you are, why not go for the "Gusto?" They probably know, or at least suspect, that you are a CD. So why not show how good looking you can be? Even if they don't know they will be impressed by your "costume!" Of course, they then will have no idea that it is a sample of what you would wear all the time if you could, right?
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I guess it depends if you are ready to show your co-workers who you really are... I would personally dress the best I can.
    A.

Sounds like you're ready. Tell them where you live!

Gold Member
    Hey...look your best Sophie. It's Halloween and anything goes.
    Last edited by Miranda09; 10-29-2009 at 12:22 AM.

Go for it! Look your best! And have fun.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Since it is also Sophie's birthday a party dress is in order.

Look your best!!

You can't be half pregnant....you have already shown them the girl clothes! Enjoy!

Silver Member

Hallowe'en

This yearly question always cracks me up. It's just another example of your own guilt ans shame over your CDing.

Really now, if you went to your party dressed as a pirate would you be worried that someone might think you were really a pirate if you did too good a job with the costume?

If you went as a bank robber would you think someone might actually think you were really a bank robber because you did such a good job with your costume?

If you went as Bernie Madof, do you think people would acuse you of being the REAL Bernie if you did too good a job with your costume?

No, no, and no. Of course not.

So relax, fer goodness sake. Do the best job you can with whatever costume you want. Hallowe'en is not a "let's see if we can guess who is really like their costume" kinda party. It's a go have a good time kinda party. So . . . . go have a good time. Wear what ever you want.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    Last edited by Stephenie S; 10-29-2009 at 04:45 AM.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    This yearly question always cracks me up. It's just another example of your own guilt ans shame over your CDing.

Really now, if you went to your party dressed as a pirate would you be worried that someone might think you were really a pirate if you did too good a job with the costume?

If you went as a bank robber would you think someone might actually think you were really a bank robber because you did such a good job with your costume?

If you went as Bernie Madof, do you think people would acuse you of being the REAL Bernie if you did too good a job with your costume?

No, no, and no. Of course not.

So relax, fer goodness sake. Do the best job you can with whatever costume you want. Hallowe'en is not a "let's see if we can guess who is really like their costume" kinda party. It's a go have a good time kinda party. So . . . . go have a good time. Wear what ever you want.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

[SIZE="3"] Stephenie I'm with you, look your best no matter what. For me halloween brings about a different problem, I'm out alot through out the year so for me I have to find a "girl" costume I am happy with. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Go look your best! And don't forget to have fun!

Hi .
    .I would go dressed the best you can & hey would you ask one who you know well to come & help you get dressed up . that then would work in your favour . share a little more of your self does help you know . even if its a fun night . love it go for it girl . oh have a neat night ,,,,,,
    ...noeleena.

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar

Be yourself

I just looked at your albums. If I looked as good as you I would go all out in my costume. Not only as a girl, but in a girls costume. Something to show off your great legs though.

I had been hinting for the past month that I dress as a woman this Halloween, but my wife wants no part of it...... Oh well, i can dream I look as good as you do.

However you dress, have fun, kick up your heels and post pictures

Dress your best, hold your head high and be proud of your womanhood
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

regarding the replies above:
    it's so easy to tell others to do risky things, isn't it.

To take a different perspective, if you were going as a knight, would you wear sneakers to show yourself as an "obvious modern guy-in-armor outfit and play it off"? If you were going as a civil war soldier, would you purposely "dumb down" your uniform and gear so people wouldn't think you were some sort of freaky civil war reenactor (a population almost as demonized as crossdressers )?

If you're going as a "guy-in-drag" then I suppose you might want to purposely muddle the illusion to communicate that. But if you're going in PROPER drag-- dressing like a girl, not dressing as a guy dressing like a girl-- I think you know what you need to do. If anyone gives you attitude or even a funny look, just smile and say, "Hey, when I do something I don't do it hass-affed."
    Last edited by Veronica75; 10-29-2009 at 09:16 AM.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Being yourself isn't much of a costume, is it? So you say that you are a crossdresser, well then, I guess that's who, and what, you are. Not much of a costume dressing as you, is it? Hey, dress for fun, it's holloween for gods sake. And you gals who use holloween as a "coming out night", get fricking real. If you're twelve, I can see it, but as an adult act like an adult. When I dress and become Cheryl, I sure ain't wearing no fricking "costume". So when I went out during the month of April, or June, what, was I wearing my "holloween costume"? Get real. Grow up a little bit here, it's a holiday to have fun, not to make a fricking statement.

Sophie,

I think you should find a women's costume or create your own around one of your outfits.

I went to a party last week as a witch in my favorite black dress. I just accessorized with a witch's hat, a cape, and some witchy jewelry. I did my makeup to look my best and I had a wonderful evening.

Forget the guy-in-drag idea.

Sophie,
    Seems like you may have answered your own question. Since you co-workers are aware of it that will minimize the shock factor. And its Halloween!!! Tis the season to dress any way you want and get away with it!!!!

Have some fun!

Be safe. Be smart.
    Dawn Marrie
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

?

My first thought was that you should do whatever makes you feel the best. Then i looked at your albums. I think you should pull out all the stops, throw caution to the wind, and go looking the best you can do.
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

There still may be time to get that cowboy outfit.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I followed your advice and went for it! And I won Best Costume!

My eyesbrows look a bit odd now in guy mode, but oh well. They'll grow back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm wearing a skirt?

Sophie, Well done, you look good. What did your co-workers say?

Sophie, why would you ever not want to do the best you can?
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

My co-workers were stunned to say the least. many didn't recognize me.

Tricia- my thoughts on "dumbing it down" were so they wouldn't connect with the idea that I do this a lot.
    I'm wearing a skirt?