Thread: That Time of the Month Again...

Red face That Time of the Month Again...

Hi all,

I was wondering how many of you go through what seems to be a deep monthly (or thereabout) introspection. I was with some male friends of mine and I thought everybody went through that, but when I made the comment to them, they looked at me like I was crazy.

I can feel myself entering that period again. It creeps in and feels like a depression setting in. "Where am I going?", "Why do I have to be affected by CDing?", "Am I crazy?", etc.

It seems like this is a regular occurance. Some periods are worse than others. But in a few days it seems to wear off and the world is brighter again. Is this all CD's or am I really crazy?... (I'm not sure I want an answer to the last one!)

xoxo
    Laura

girlie guy
    I never noticed that it was on a regular schedule.
    Maybe it peaks with the lunar cycle!
    OMG I must be a real gurl!
    Wishing upon my blue Faerie has worked
    Maybe you're right, though, Laura, maybe it is cyclical
    I'm about to enter a big one now, I've just ordered some new lingerie
    and I simply can't wait to wear it

Lost in herself....
    I've noticed something similar. The doubts crawling through my skull. The lonliness and emptiness. It comes on a regular schedule and lazy me has yet to chart it's regularity or irregularity. Most men just don't get "it."

They seem so content on a consistent basis. And, hon, you are not crazy, never think that. It's ok that you don't drag your nuckles on the ground and lavish at the idea of the next sporting event on the television. FEEL! It's what we do best .
    ----------------
    ~ Tenet nosce ~
    ----------------

Dazed and Confused Amanda Leigh's Avatar
    I too have noticed depression at various times each month....maybe out version of PMS????

Aspiring Member

That time of the month

I have notice that I have also gone through that time of the month, depressed, lazy and just want to sleep.
    I have also had other friends wifes and children complain about their spouse or father having male pms and offer to give him pms medicine to chill out.
    If only they knew I would be willing to take it

Wink

Only the most sensitive man would realise we to have peaks and lows during the month ...it seems to be cyclic so i guess it should be classed as a period of sorts ..... :eyes:
    Sarah
    TRY IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT DO IT AGAIN

Tristen Cox

Quote Originally Posted by CD Sharon
    I have notice that I have also gone through that time of the month, depressed, lazy and just want to sleep.
    I have also had other friends wifes and children complain about their spouse or father having male pms and offer to give him pms medicine to chill out.
    If only they knew I would be willing to take it
    Yes, I can relate to what you say Sharon.

Probably not so obvious to me at the time, but know 'i've felt something' at various times.

Also heard similar comments from the wives and girlfriends of my male friends.

Christine
    Last edited by Clare; 08-02-2005 at 01:42 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

living life to the full Jamie M's Avatar
    OMG , i can so relate to that . Or maybe i should say that my other half can relate to that . She calls them our monthly chat . I have no idea what causes it , it just seems that over time all my little thoughts build up on one another until it all just flows out .

It would normally start witn a couple of sleepless nights before she finally sits me down and won't let me go anywhere until i've poured my heart out again .

Of course it's generally no different from what i said the month before , so i'm sure it must get very frustrating for her , bless her cotton socks .

luv julia

girl next door
    Yeah, I have a tough time each month too, usually the several days before my wife gets HER period!!

Aspiring Member
    I've had a 'monthly' ever since puberty. First wife noticed it, but second never mentioned it so don't know if she did.

Anne

Laura,

I am happier when I can dress in feminine clothing because it makes me feel good when I wear a pretty dress as if I should be wearing it. I used to feel very guilty about having the happy feelings thinking that it was crazy and unnatural but I still did it. I also felt bad about keeping it a secret.

I tried unsuccesfully to stop but to no avail. I even purged wardrobes but that did not stop me from feeling that i needed to do this.

So though I battled depression over it I also found it a pleasurable experience also. Sought of a conflict but I privately dealt with it until I could not anymore. So I went to a psychologist and did learn more about cd/tg and realized I was not crazy. I also learned that I could still do positive things in my life and dress in the shadows so to speak.

The dressing thing never goes away but it sometimes takes a backseat to more important things in your life like going to college, getting married, having your first child, buying a new car, buying your first house, etc, etc.

So when I sometimes go through a depression, I think about my wife and son and that is my reality check.

I also find the girls here at this forum very helpful and very caring in a cyberspace sort of way.

I also responded to your PM.

Thank you!

Emmi

I noticed that once a month I get depressed for a few days. But never thought of it like this.

Kisses, April
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

cycle

OMG!!! YES YES YES,,,In a current one right now,,,,,was feeling soooo bytchy to wife,,,world,,,self,,,,depressed,,,,etc,,,,had to touch base with Susan for a day or two,,,,feel sooo much better now,,,,but stiill abit ornery!!!

StephanieCD
    No you're crazy.

Kidding

I wouldn't call it a cyclical thing, like a female biological issue, but I'd say most people have at least one thoughtful time during a month... mine comes right before the bills are due.

I did read once that men have a hormonal cycle though and, rather than an increase in testosterone or whatever the women experience - the men have a deficiency in it every so often and it causes a sort of hormalal withdrawal depression... might have been BS though.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCD
    I did read once that men have a hormonal cycle though and, rather than an increase in testosterone or whatever the women experience - the men have a deficiency in it every so often and it causes a sort of hormalal withdrawal depression... might have been BS though.
    Actually, it's considered to be true in many scientific circles. Men have the capability of experiencing a hormonal change that's similar to the female PMS on a regular schedule, though it doesn't occur with the same results. But it's supposedly linked to the female version and lacks in intensity because of a difference in anatomy. Physically there are no noticeable effects, but emotional changes such as depression or severe mood swings are sometimes noticeable, and can be very intense. Generally, when a male has something large and different that they partake in (such as crossdressing) where they may consider it an emotional struggle for acceptance, the negative feelings can be intensified during this period. Other people who deal with large issues tend to have a noticeable negative period that is similar to what is experienced by the CDs of this forum.

Supposedly, if it's severe, it's possible to get medication to balance things out for those few days. Meditation and relaxation techniques also supposedly help.

Thanks for all the great feedback. I am slowly coming back to the light this month. I felt very ornery myself this time around.

Thanks for the reply to my PM Emmi!!!

Stephanie you are a funny girl

I love you all!

xoxo
    Laura

I get like that every now and then, not untill i read what you said that i notice a patton with it....

Adrianne.

Unhappy depression

I've never kept track of when it happens. but I do agree that every month at some point I get uber depressed. Like now as a matter of fact.
    Every day I tell myself I'm gonna live forever... and guess what! So far it's working. - Me

Some people say forgive and forget. Nah, I don't know. I say forget about forgiving and just accept - Gross Point Blank

My dark thoughts: CutieJulie.blog.comhttp://cutiejulie.blog.com