Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: being skinny

Quote Originally Posted by joann426 View Post
    well i weighed 135 when i was 18 but now i weigh 150 and i am 5'6 in a long run that is not bad at all for all those years i feel comfee with that so i can wear a size 8 1/2 shoe that heels that is
    Joanne - you're like the perfect size, gurl, all over.

ALL RIGHT!!!! Most of you have said you are under 140lbs. I am 5'8" and 160lbs. and for life, everyone calls me "skinny as a rail." I don't get it!! I would love to drop some waist (30") and push it to my hips (36").
    I am thinking, if I have been "skinny" all my life, most of you must not leave the house on windy days.

and GREEN with envy

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Green View Post
    ALL RIGHT!!!! Most of you have said you are under 140lbs. I am 5'8" and 160lbs. and for life, everyone calls me "skinny as a rail." I don't get it!! I would love to drop some waist (30") and push it to my hips (36").
    I am thinking, if I have been "skinny" all my life, most of you must not leave the house on windy days.

and GREEN with envy
    I am with you Aubrey - 30 - 36 sounds like a good goal. I am currently 33 waist and 37 hips (40.5 chest). Maybe if I drop another 10 lbs, while concentrating on chest workout it'll do it. Would love to reach that goal by X-Mas.

Aubrey i get the skinny as a rail or toothpic (insert slender item here) often and i usually weigh more than the people telling me that lol.
    Shun Goku Satsu. Ms. Raging demon

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    . . . most of you must not leave the house on windy days.
    Oh, I can leave the house - as long as I face sideways to the wind.

Kathi

most of you must not leave the house on windy days.

and GREEN with envy
    Aubrey - the heels usually weigh us down when it's windy, sis

Quote Originally Posted by TonyaV View Post
    Aubrey - the heels usually weigh us down when it's windy, sis
    My butt is a good anchor.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Hey Kelly - Do you have hour-glass shape? Any tips on how to accomplish that?

I'll have to take your word for that Kelly. Personally, you are one of the hottest ladies on any site and I'll bet you could bounce quarters off your behind!!

I'm 6'4 185lbs. I was 265 lbs 3 years ago, and I keep dropping it. Its weird cause i've taken off the last 20lbs or so rather recently through strict diet and exercise and I am starting to get comments about how I'm getting too thin. Generally speaking i've been around 205lbs most of my adult life.

Its weird because I'm not starving myself or anything, I think I'm sort of willing my body to become more fem.

i am 5'9'' and 180lb.and would like to lose about 10 more lbs.

A nurse recently told me I weigh 208 and that was after an extended period of not eating. I'm not sure of my height, somewhere between 6 and 6'2 most likely, and either way those little charts they have in doctor's offices try to claim I'm overweight. I do have a small beer gut but if it was spread out, I'd look just fine for a guy.

Anyway, I do have tiny hands attached to girlish arms and I can shop for women's shoes just about anywhere (9.5-12 or so). No one looks at my feet but I'm very uncomfortable shaking hands most of the time, particularly when I feel my hand is being painfully crushed.

I beleive just about any girl can look great regardless of what the media tells us.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

well I'm 5'8 and so big little people get stuck in orbit around me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hot patootie,bles my soul marisa's Avatar
    i'm 5ft 7.5 inches. i started high school at 147.5 lbs. 5 years later i went up to 170 ish lbs. over the last 4 years i've dropped to 142 lbs with a 28 to 29 inch waist. i really only get picked on about being skinny by some family members. the best one is when my uncle tried to go at me about my size. he came right out a called me anerexic(don't mind my spelling, lol). all i could say to him was if thats what you want to think, just remember i can still lift twice my wieght. the look i got was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyStorm View Post
    I'm 6'4 185lbs. I was 265 lbs 3 years ago, and I keep dropping it. Its weird cause i've taken off the last 20lbs or so rather recently through strict diet and exercise and I am starting to get comments about how I'm getting too thin. Generally speaking i've been around 205lbs most of my adult life.
    I've had similar experiences on my way down from 285 and barely 6 feet. The people at work started getting concerned around 175 lbs, I got all kinds of questions like "Do you have cancer?" I noticed that my customers started becoming very helpful when there were heavy items involved once I got down near my current weight of 155-160 lbs. I guess I look too wimpy to pick up a heavy box - and when I do get below 155 I start to feel a little weak so I don't go there anymore. My sisters have gotten kind of bitchy about it and make little comments about how skinny I am, but they are just jealous.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasementCD View Post
    I've had similar experiences on my way down from 285 and barely 6 feet. The people at work started getting concerned around 175 lbs, I got all kinds of questions like "Do you have cancer?" I noticed that my customers started becoming very helpful when there were heavy items involved once I got down near my current weight of 155-160 lbs. I guess I look too wimpy to pick up a heavy box - and when I do get below 155 I start to feel a little weak so I don't go there anymore. My sisters have gotten kind of bitchy about it and make little comments about how skinny I am, but they are just jealous.
    I got a very similar reaction (anorexia) a little under a year ago when I dropped weight. I think the visuals just overcome some people. I looked up all kinds of weight tables and consulted my doctor about a good weight. My strength was good and my joints felt much better. But when you get a good bit of that weight off, people don't necessarily see you as you are, but they see the difference and become alerted. I wore my baggy clothes for a while too and that probably didn't help.

I weighed 145 at 6' 3"when I was in highschool and 23 years later I m at 215 and people still say I'm skinny.
    I do have a possum belly that I started trying to thin down too much pop will
    do it to ya.
    I would love to have my 28" waist back but I dont think thats going to happen
    Staying in the closet isn't so bad as long as you know why your in there.

I know how you feel. I was always very self conscious about my body as a boy, layered up my clothes to hide how skinny I was. But as a girl I feel totally comfortable showing it off!

All the time I'm 5'10" and 155. the wife says she wishes she had my legs and butt. And now I'm over 60 I'm gaining a little wieght in my chest. Which is looking good now.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I't NOT about weight with me!

It's about proper fem proportions. Which I DON'T have!

And I stopped working out, so I would have less defined muscles. Which has worked. But, now I'm a FLABBY man!

It's ALWAYS SOME DAM thing, isn't it!?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-02-2009 at 12:03 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm 165, 5"9" I look at myself and want to lose weight I need to start working out again I would love to be 150 to 145 I just want to lose the weight around the middle of me it does not look that bad I just want to fit into smaller cloths. Back in the day in High School I was 110 5'9" so growing up has added a little weight. I know I will get to my weight I want soon I just want to be a 32" to 30" waist I'm 34" now.
    Last edited by Heather_Marie; 11-01-2009 at 12:10 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

being skinny

I am one of those that wish I was skinney, but I have come to aceept what I am and aam very happy now

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    It's about proper fem proportions. Which I DON'T have!

And I stopped working out, so I would have less defined muscles. Which has worked. But, now I MISS being in good physical condition!

It's ALWAYS SOME DAM thing, isn't it!?
    You can maintain your good physical condition by eating properly,watching your weight, and by doing toning exercises. You don't have to do heavy work outs or weight lifting. I do stretches,run, and take kickboxing classes. keeps me toned, and the running and kickboxing are great cardio exercise.
    The female proportioning..... can't help ya with.
    Kel
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

There's skinny but also something to say about being too thin. I'm 5'9" and usually fluctuate in the low 160 range, rarely falling below that. And I'm often accused of trying to be too skinny in favor of my preferred gender presentation. Yet my weight has been in this range for a number of years. If I tried to lose 10 pounds or more in trying to achieve a number (ie-145 or 150), I'd probably lose what curves I naturally have, something I have no interest in doing. It's just a number that has to be examined in the context of how you carry it.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    There's skinny but also something to say about being too thin. I'm 5'9" and usually fluctuate in the low 160 range, rarely falling below that. And I'm often accused of trying to be too skinny in favor of my preferred gender presentation. Yet my weight has been in this range for a number of years. If I tried to lose 10 pounds or more in trying to achieve a number (ie-145 or 150), I'd probably lose what curves I naturally have, something I have no interest in doing. It's just a number that has to be examined in the context of how you carry it.
    It looks like we are about the same Sara Jessica I like where I'm at but I would like to lose more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]