Thread: Putting all your hopes and dreams into one day!

Putting all your hopes and dreams into one day!

I always wondered what it would be like to freely dress as a girl or woman for a day as I never had the benefit of this experience. I have been crossdressing since I was 5 years old and have crossdressed all throughout the years secretly and always by myself. I have always wanted to dress as a girl each Halloween and never was able to summon the courage to do so as I felt I would tip off the fact that I am a life long crossdresser because I feel if I were able to go out in public in one of my pretty dresses and wear all the other feminine stuff like bra, panty, body briefer, pantyhose and wig I would truly love it and people would think I'm having too much fun in my feminine atire. My other concern is trying to explain why I am dressing as a woman to my 10 year old son. I have this intense need and desire to dress up and for one day when it can be ok I am putting all my feelings and emotions into the experience and am not sure if I should. If I was able to how would it affect me? If I get a taste of going out all dressed up for an entire day I am afraid I might want to do it again and again. It is such a crazy life we as crossdressers live especially the closet ones like myself. I also do not want to hurt my son or my wife. I would jump at the opportunity to dress for Halloween but I am with such mixed feelings. I just wish it was so much easier to dress up. It seems I carry this burden with me and I wish it wasn't one of those things you have to keep as a big secret!

The joy of Halloween is the fun in dressing up and I wish I could find the courage to do so but am just so uncertain if I should and I know if I do it I will love it! Is there anyone who can give me sound advice as to whether I should go out there in my favorite dress and walk around trick or treating with my 10 year old son or just underdress like I always do. I do wear dresses underneath my clothes at work and weekends. It is ashame I can't freely dress up.

I would wear a beautiful dress with a pretty cardigan and pantyhose and nice comfortable womens flat heel shoes. Otherwiae I will just wear my typical male clothing with my dress underneath my clothes like I do every other day. What would you suggest I do for Halloween? I would really appreciate your feedback.

Thank you!

emmi

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd View Post
    I always wondered what it would be like to freely dress as a girl or woman for a day as I never had the benefit of this experience. I have been crossdressing since I was 5 years old and have crossdressed all throughout the years secretly and always by myself. I have always wanted to dress as a girl each Halloween and never was able to summon the courage to do so as I felt I would tip off the fact that I am a life long crossdresser because I feel if I were able to go out in public in one of my pretty dresses and wear all the other feminine stuff like bra, panty, body briefer, pantyhose and wig I would truly love it and people would think I'm having too much fun in my feminine atire. My other concern is trying to explain why I am dressing as a woman to my 10 year old son.

Thank you!
    emmi
    Yep, Emmi, you probably run the risk of enjoying it way too much!

For years I found Halloween difficult feeling torn between really using it as a perfect opportunity to act out my dreams, and, on the other hand, trying not to be too good at it!

Have you considered the possibility of wearing a female costume instead of just dressing up as a woman? Maybe be a cheerleader or a waitress or a debutante? The aura of a costume might defuse being perceived as purely crossdressing.

As to your 10-year old, only you can decide. I came out to my son when he was about 12-13 and he appears to have not had a problem with it. He just accepts it as one facet of my personality. But your individual mileage may vary.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

You might consider joining a crossdress support group. They sometimes have small outings for a day or so. Also there are cd conventions to attend.

Go ahead and do it. I felt the same way for years and now I regret all the time lost and all the needless worry. You are just expressing a side of yourself. I'm not out to my kids either but I have joined a group or two that does go out to restaurants, clubs.

Emmicd, I have a similar lot in life. At 59, I have known, since 7 years old, that there was something very special about girls, womens clothes. I thought getting married would cure this. Family, wonderful wife and two grown daughter, work, extended family, work and recent addition of two grandchildren. My femme hobby seem to take a back seat. I get to go out a few times a year. More often underdressed, to shop. The bride allows nice nylon nightgown and panties, every night. The rest, is not approved. So other items, wigs, make-up, dresses, hose, ect are safely off site in a storage locker.

The ten year old should be sheltered from this knowledge.

Emmi,

There was a TG/CD Halloween party last week in Chicago. I am sure they have them all over the country--especially New York.

I had the opportunity to do exactly what you described. I purchased a beautiful black dress a few months ago and I just added some items from a Halloween store to go as a witch.

I spent the entire day as a female; shopping, getting my wig brushed out at a wig store. It was a wonderful day.

I am sure if you try you could find a group and get one day away from your family.

I think dressing like mother taking her child trick or treating is a great costume. It is even better that your child finds this fun. Here in Colorado, you might be all dressed up and end up looking like a ski bunny that night.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd View Post
    I always wondered what it would be like to freely dress as a girl or woman for a day as I never had the benefit of this experience. I have been crossdressing since I was 5 years old and have crossdressed all throughout the years secretly and always by myself. I have always wanted to dress as a girl each Halloween and never was able to summon the courage to do so as I felt I would tip off the fact that I am a life long crossdresser.......
    Emmi, your feelings are typical of so many of us. When I was 7, I so much wanted to dress as a girl for Holloween too. And every year since. I also kept it in the closet all my life, until my wife (to be) told me "Joni needs to feel the sun on her face" and took me out for my first time.

What I found out was that you don't have to pass, just dress nicely like you said you wanted to and go somewhere to a simi-public place like walking on the beach early in the morning or to a botanical garden on a Sunday morning. When I finally did, it was like a dream come true, what I always wanted to do since I was 7. But, I had to find the courage to be OK with myself if the few people I came across knew I was a crossdresser. What I found out was that most don't even pay attention and the rest will usually just give you a pass. I only go in the cooler months because I cover up my arms and legs with long sleeves and long skirts and tights because I don't want to shave them. And dressing modestly or to blend in like that seems, to put others at ease.

As far as taking your son, you would have to find out from him what his comfort level would be about it, as well as his mom. I never went dressed with my sons (when I came out to them, they were OK with me, but said they did not want to see me dressed). I did go enfemme with my step daughters and their mom, taking them trick or treating.

Emmi, when you do finally go out, you will find like most here, that it wasn't nearly as scary as we thought. People don't freak out when they see us, some may be curious, but most don't pay attention.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I'd say "No".

Emmi, if you're wife doesn't know you're already lying to her, so find a reason to get a day away in a hotel. Drive 100 miles, or so, and stay the night. You can dress, frolic about the town, eat, shop - be a girl. Without worrying about what others think or being scared stiff about running into someone you know.

Be warned, though, the thrill of it will not get old. You can satisfy the itch, but not the craving... No get out there and have fun!

Hi Emmi,

Since this seems to be a recurring issue for you, how about taking a longer term view of things. Make a plan that you will start dressing up in costumes around halloween. Maybe at company parties, friends parties, you and your wife host a party, or even just walking with your son as he tricks and treats (be sure to bring a drink with you because you may get some free refills along the way). The costume may or may not be femme. Maybe start with a themed costume, non-femme. Then the next time add something to it. If you set the proper ground work, it can then become fun to discuss with your family, what shall "we" dress up as this year. Then one day in the future you can say how about you as a man and me as a woman? They can be well known characters or people, or just dress as the opposite gender. That way when you finally get to dress completely in drag, you will have already accustomed your family and maybe even friends that you and your family enjoys partaking in the Halloween fun. Good luck.

Holoween is the one day of the year when even the biggest nerd among us has the opritunity to be/do somthing cool, without repisal or riticule.
    It is a day for fantacy. Go for it! do what you wanna do, be who you wanna be!