DSW (Dear Sweet Wife)and guy-me were driving over to our son's house this morning to help re-shingle his roof, and she mentioned that she had just signed up with her Curves-buddies to work on one of the Habitat for Humanity projects nearby. (BTW, Curves is a women's gym chain here in the Northeast - I don't know how far it spreads)

"Sign me up too" I said, feeling slightly guilty that I haven't done so sooner.

"The organization meeting is Monday, but we women probably won't be involved until ater the foundation and framing is done."

Obviously my thoughts ran to working with the girls as JJ, but since it is local and I know many of the families of the women at this branch of the gym I most definitely will not be joining as a sister.

But then I thought of the thread last week about doing guys' stuff while dressed...I'll bet that together we have the technical skill to put together a kick-fanny team of girls for one of these projects. I can't think of a better way to show ourselves as good citizens, while wearing girl-jeans (or shorts) tight T-shirts and pink work gloves.

Or is this a really dumb idea? DSW thought that the conservative/religious nature of H for H might create problems; I think that it might be a good opportunity to confront a little bigotry (if presented) with generosity and good will.

Obviously, we would probably want to do a project away from home in a relatively tolerant area. DSW suggsted that NewOrleans might be such a place.

Whatcha think?

-jj