Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is The Fascination With Panties?

Departed

What Is The Fascination With Panties?

It seems the threads that are most popular are the ones that have the word panty or panties in the title. Maybe I just don't get it but what is so titilating about an undergarment that was meant to be functional? Sure, lingerie can be sexy, but to me, only on a GG. A guy in lingerie is a guy in lingerie. I'm unimpressed. Same with panties.

Maybe I'm an old coot or a prude or just a clueless member here. It really doesn't matter. The fact is, to me, I just don't get the fascination with panties. Yeah, when I was in grade school and some cute girl unintentionally showed her panties, my friends and I would be all up in a tizzy. But now? Well, I've just outgrown that fascination.

Earrings, shoes, skirts, skorts and all those things that others can see? Yes, that's what I am into. But panties are just something to wear under all that. Maybe because I always wear them it's no big deal. Maybe I'm missing something. Whatever the case, I'd rather focus on my outward appearance than what's underneath.

I'd love to hear open and honest replies, especially from the GGs here. If they say I'm out of line, I stand corrected. I see the GGs as our barometer to eventual social acceptance. And no, I am not spewing BS to gain favor with the GGs. What I said here is what I feel now and have always felt. Even if all the GGs tell me I'm all wrong.

I would have to agree. Really, what is up with all the panty talk. I guess its ok once in awhile but there are so many that I just stop reading the threads with the word panties in the topic(except this one of course). Well anyway that was my 2 cents.

Stockings,etc. too...

I'm with you, Julie (or Jules, or whatever the flavor of the day ). Panties or pantihose, stockings, just don't excite me, they're just stuff a girl's supposed to wear under the stuff everyone can see. On the other hand, a girl in seductive lingerie is a visual turnon for me. I'm also one of those who just can't see the lure of wearing panties under drab...but then my COGIATI score was a -245. Oh well, to each his/her own...

Mitzi

Talking my panty us bare

I think you are all right, but then again I'm sort of new at this, don;t have and panties and haven't steeled my nerves to buy any.
    `Who are YOU?' said the Caterpillar. Alice replied, rather shyly, `I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'

Tristen Cox
    Yeah I don't really get it either. I know they are the easiest to wear anytime without them being noticed but otherwise the need to talk about them continuously just seems to border more on fetish. Then again there's nearlt as many stocking/pantyhose threads. Why not shoes? Hell we all love shoes right?

Well being here nearly as long as you Julie and reading every single thread right from the begining, it looks like panties are here to stay. I just don't feel the need to discuss them as much as some of the other folk here. Like to keep some things personal.

Well, to me they are part of the fem feeling. Sexy panties, or better yet, silky thongs, are the best. As some have said, you can wear them under drabs and, of course, you must wear them under skirts and dresses. They are something you can wear every day of your life and only you will know - unless you are in proverbial accident that every mother warns you about.
    Dawn

Bunny's submissive girl CharleneCD's Avatar
    Julie, I have to agree with you to some extent. Sometimes I think if I see another panty poll or someone Instant messagaging me asking what kind of panties I'm wearing, I'm gonna scream. The sexy panty thing was cute at first for me but quickly came down to whats comfortable and does the job. ( OK confession I love all the cute colors.) It is not a subject that I feel the need to discuss on a daily basis. They are there and I wear them. Enough said.

What we have to remember though is that we are all different. For many the only way they feel they can safely express themselves is with the undergarments.Then there is the group that gets a sexual thrill out of dressing. I know from chatting with a few of them, that they just dont have a clue about what drives the ones like us who dont do it for sexual reasons.

My point is, to each his own. Ultimately we are all crossdressers, and whether one wears panties to get off, or one is looking for HRT and SRS, we all fall outside of societies norms and we need to support each other.
    Charlene

Learn To Love Yourself And You will Find That Others Have Always Loved You But You Can Now Accept It.

Banned Read only
    Girls, it's obvious, didn't' your mother always tell you to wear clean underwear in case you met with an accident, then you wouldn't embarrass her when being undressed in hospital?

If I get knocked down by a bus, and the nurse lifts up my skirts to check for injuries she (he) is not going to be confronted with a pair of four day old
    Y-fronts (oh no!) but with a lovely pair of fresh on this morning panties!

My real point being i've always assocciated panties with cleanliness.
    Plus of course they look so nice!

Love Angela XX

Departed
    Quote Originally Posted by andy burke
    My real point being i've always assocciated panties with cleanliness.

Love Angela XX
    I've always associated soap and water, when used properly, with cleanliness. As far as clothes, I'll extend that to a washing machine and detergent, provided it's used for it's intended purpose.

Wink

Maybe because most of us are past getting to excited about anties: we are probably forgeting what it was like in our early days of crossdressing when underwear was all we could wear and were not brave enough to go further....Lets be kind and let everyone run there course ......by the way i bought some really cute ones last weekend!!!!!
    Sarah
    TRY IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT DO IT AGAIN

What's up with the panties?

Good thread Julie,

I too see a preponderance of focus on the subject of panties, but that must say something about their importance to crossdressers in general, at least as far as this forum has shown.

I must admit they were a fasination for me for a long time, but as I started to explore other aspects of feminine clothing, the novelty started to wear off. (But not completely.) This is only my unprofessional theory, but perhaps it could have something to do with the fact that it seems like a lot of us started our journeys into crossdressing with exploring our mother or sister's underwear as a child. So at a very formative age, our first imprint of "femaleness" might have been with panties. For such a significant turning point in our lives, that article of clothing that may have been our first connection to feeling like the "girl within" would be a powerful, talisman if you will, that could carry on for the rest of our lives.

But, hey, that's just my brain f@rt on the subject. Who the heck knows.
    You can dress me up but you can't take me out...at least not yet.

Platinum Member
    my .02 worth yes i like them panties over boxers any day... a gg in sexy undies love that ... a "guy" in panties well not so intresting (to me any way) ... i got them all every style and coulor but to me thay are not a fedish thingy ...simply put thay are wendys undies .....and that's my .02 $ worth.....

I know where you're coming from Julie.

I have been a member for only three months, but i must have seen a dozen threads on panties alone. Yes i've responded to most of them, but i can only say the same thing so many ways before it becomes repetitious. In fact, i'm at the stage where i may just skip over panty threads now.

However, as to why there are so many? Well, for starters, for many new members its one of the topics most on their mind i guess. Remember, they don't know how to use the forum's search function yet and don't always go back through previous topic pages. They're too eager for instant information!

For the record, i don't even give my everyday cotton panties a second thought - no different to mens undies in my opinion. But sexy lingirie, now that a different thing altogether..........

Christine
    Last edited by Clare; 07-26-2005 at 08:19 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

Tristen Cox
    I guess I just never cared that much about them really. I've been dressing for almost 23 years and didn't wear or want to wear a single pair of panties until last year in November. Comfort purposes ya know Ain't never wearing nothing else again either. Don't get me started on boxers

Well, for my 2 cents, for me, panties are the most intimate and closest to the body item of clothing a GG wears. The feeling of panties against my "manlies" is the high point feeling of the change I go through when dressing. Panties are the one thing I can wear when dressed in "drab". My connection to my womanly self. I agree that when totaly dressed, they aren't the main thing, but as the starting point of getting dressed, they are the trigger for the feeling of change for me.
    michellej

Clothing fetishism works by having an item of clothing "stand in" for the body part that it covers. Since briefs (male or female) can stand in for the buttocks, the anus and the genitalia, it's not surprising that a lot of people get obsessed with them.

Banned Read only
    Julie,

It is possible to "associate" with objects not existing in reality.

It's called imagination.

Try it sometime.

It's fun!

Love Angela XX

I agree 100% with you Julie. For me there is no fascination with the clothing, it's just what I happen to wear to feel/be non male. While I do like things that are sexy or romantic there is no eroticism connected to it and hasn't been for close to twenty years. I haven't read a single panty thread and I stay out of the adult/sexual part of the forum, I don't think there's anything there I care to know. I'm not throwing rocks at anyone here and I don't consider myself above anyone. Crossdressing covers such a wide variety of intrests but we are all here getting along, that's what matters to me. I'm glad you brought this up though, this is a view seldom discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Marie
    But panties are just something to wear under all that. Maybe because I always wear them it's no big deal.
    Julie, I think the way you feel about your underwear is how most GGs feel about their underwear--it's no big deal. I think most of us choose our everyday panties for comfort and to some extent as a statement of our personal tastes and sensibilities. I am very picky about mine and loyal to a particular brand, which I have in two styles and three colors (black, white, and beige). I think they're nice panties. They certainly aren't Wal-Mart "pack of 6" cheapies, and they aren't cutesy novelty panties, which most women tend to leave behind after the age of, oh, 21 or so.

Women do also like to wear fancy lingerie. Some will even insist that they don't wear it for men, they wear it for themselves. That may be, but I think if you pressed them they would explain that they wear it because it makes them feel confident and sexy.....and feeling sexy from a female perspective really means feeling desireable.....desireable to whom? Men, of course. So it is hard to get around the fact that most of our motivation for wearing sexy lingerie is the male attention it gets us. Which leads me to ask: Julie, if you had a partner--in your case a GG--who loved seeing you in panties, do you think you would start to take more of an interest in them?

As for how I feel about panties on a male body, I think perhaps I have been corrupted by the CD world. I love panties on men, especially cute, lacy, dare I say frilly ones. Someday I am going to get around to posting my "Top 10 femme things I love seeing on my husband," and panties are number one on that list. I am way more interested in Angel's panties than I am in my own....I bought most of them, after all. I think a great thing about panties is that they provide an opportunity to wear something really delicate and feminine even when one's outer clothes are plain (whether drab or femme). For me, seeing my husband in panties provides a visual confirmation for me that he is not a "regular guy." I don't like regular guys, so this is a good thing. I just think it looks sweet.

For other GGs, seeing a guy in panties may not be their cup of tea, but is probably the least "shocking" article of women's clothing as far as crossdressing goes. Plenty of non-CD couples have messed around with putting her panties on "him" in the bedroom.

And here is a little request from me......

CD MEMBERS--PLEASE DO NOT PM ME REGARDING YOUR LOVE OF WEARING PANTIES OR EMAIL ME ANY UNSOLICTED PANTY PICTURES. THANK YOU.
    Last edited by Marla GG; 07-26-2005 at 10:42 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And if the people stare
    Then the people stare
    Oh, I really don't know and I really don't care....

--The Smiths

Tristen Cox
    Damn I was just sending you a PM too... bugger

Quote Originally Posted by michellej
    Well, for my 2 cents, for me, panties are the most intimate and closest to the body item of clothing a GG wears. The feeling of panties against my "manlies" is the high point feeling of the change I go through when dressing. Panties are the one thing I can wear when dressed in "drab". My connection to my womanly self. I agree that when totaly dressed, they aren't the main thing, but as the starting point of getting dressed, they are the trigger for the feeling of change for me.
    yeah, well said Michelle

....... let all those miserable old killjoys complain about us panty admirers, frankly I couldn't give a damn. Sexy panties have been a turn on for me since I discovered that girls have legs that go right up to their bums. I hope they still are a turn on when I'm on my death bed. The feeling and the thought of wearing them is a lovely bonus.

............ I can feel a poll coming on.

Hey, if bronto sore ass moderatus and administratus disciplinus don't want us we'll have to set up a rival panties site. Or maybe they'll let us have a private invited members only section in this forum.

............ and they should also consider that most of the girls just setting off on this wonderful voyage of discovery start off with their sister's panties. I hope the newbies are not discouraged by the responses on this thread.

to put it in a nutshell ....... thrrp...thrrrp..thrrrrurp !
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Touche'

"............ and they should also consider that most of the girls just setting off on this wonderful voyage of discovery start off with their sister's panties. I hope the newbies are not discouraged by the responses on this thread."

Crispy, Michellej, if you saw my post you'll know this is the sort of thing I am talking about. For me, it's not just panties anymore, but as I tried to explain to my wife, women's clothes are the conduit to my feminine self. So if you love panties, there may be a significant reason why and that's just fine. If you have no particular attachment to them, that's okay also.
    You can dress me up but you can't take me out...at least not yet.

Panties are what girlz in the UK wore when they were little...... so when I see a thread about panties..... it just really gets on my nerves. Adults wear lingerie!!!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Tristen Cox
    Better watch out she'll be pulling her hair out when she see's another pantie thread today... like that one over there.......

Quote Originally Posted by crispy
    ....... let all those miserable old killjoys complain about us panty admirers, frankly I couldn't give a damn. Sexy panties have been a turn on for me since I discovered that girls have legs that go right up to their bums. I hope they still are a turn on when I'm on my death bed. The feeling and the thought of wearing them is a lovely bonus.

............ I can feel a poll coming on.

Hey, if bronto sore ass moderatus and administratus disciplinus don't want us we'll have to set up a rival panties site. Or maybe they'll let us have a private invited members only section in this forum.

............ and they should also consider that most of the girls just setting off on this wonderful voyage of discovery start off with their sister's panties. I hope the newbies are not discouraged by the responses on this thread.

to put it in a nutshell ....... thrrp...thrrrp..thrrrrurp !
    <hides> Boy, am I glad I stayed out of this one!
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe