Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is the line...

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    ...between the casual crossdresser vs. the practicing crossdresser?

Or is there a concerted effort to lead a true TG lifestyle of some sort?
    Well, I've read all the posts and I still don't know what "practicing crossdresser" means, or rather, what you mean by that term. If a closet panty wearer does it regularly, could it not be said that he is "practicing"? Same goes for " "true TG lifestyle". There are many full-time TGs (and especially the subset of TSs) who would characterize part-time crossdressers as falling short of being serious about their gender expression and thus less deserving of respect -- not that I agree with that opinion, but I've heard it stated many times, and rather haughtily, I might add.

I'm not being critical, just saying your questions lack the clarity needed to attempt an answer -- and I'm not sure how useful an answer would be. I sort of agree with the sentiment that if there is indeed "a line", it is wide and gray. But if pressed for a sharp demarcation, I would say it falls between the part-time (and partially closeted) CD and the full-time, totally out TG. (In a black-and-white world, all other variations are just shades of gray.) What particular point such a distinction makes, however, escapes me.
    Last edited by sherri; 11-03-2009 at 02:24 PM.

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    I think what Nathalie means is the difference between someone who does this as a hobby (once in a while dressing en femme) and someone who makes this a complete lifestyle (full time cross dressing).
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by melissacd View Post
    I think what Nathalie means is the difference between someone who does this as a hobby (once in a while dressing en femme) and someone who makes this a complete lifestyle (full time cross dressing).
    Thanks melissa, that is my point.
    Maybe the question is only relative to my situation, and others may be in a different place than moi, but I'm trying to understand the whole spectrum of CD/TG where it seems each place in that spectrum comes with its merits and compromises.
    Anyway, thanks to all who replied!

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Nathalie,

Are you asking because you live full time en femme or because you want to live that way and are trying to find others who are already doing this?

Melissa
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by melissacd View Post
    Nathalie,

Are you asking because you live full time en femme or because you want to live that way and are trying to find others who are already doing this?

Melissa
    I would actually consider it when I become an eccentric artist when I retire. I don't believe in true retirement because it dulls the mind. But for now, alternate the switches on my A/B box below, and so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    But for now, alternate the switches on my A/B box below, and so far so good.
    Lol. I like that metaphor. (You must be a guitar player.)

I guess you can say I have crossed the line some time back but there is always another one in front of you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have went from wearing nightgowns for playing house with the cousins

To trying on panties in secret.

Then getting the urge to wear something pretty from my mom's closet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh, then on to the sexual side as you grow into your early teens...can't forget that.

Then to purging as you think of yourself as a "freak" and doing all kinds of manly things and proving yourself as the man's man.

Then after some time you fall off the wagon and slip on a pair of panties that you buy in a store. (another new thrill of buying them)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When that is not enough you start buying womens clothes and start you trip to dressing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now you want make up and want to look pretty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Breast! can't for get them!! You toss the "homemade" breast forms and get yourself a nice setof forms.

Oooooooh HAIR! gotta do your hair to make it all come together.

Now that you are looking the part you want to get out and into the public. Gotta start off by sneaking out to your car late at night and going for the drive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now driving is not enough...not enough of the public can see you. So you go to a mall or dept. store for a quick shopping trip. Then run home and think WOW that was sooooo cool. Did anyone I know see me? GOD I hope not you think. Then after some time you seen the news and you were not the main story for the night or the week and no one called you and said "I think I seen you at such and such place but....."

After some time of this you "talk yourself" into just go out a screw what people think of me! You dress how you want and try to pass as best as you can and just do it.

So now that is about 13 lines I have crossed so far. I know I have a few more maybe but right now I am happy with who I am.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

i don't think it is a line to crossover as much as a line we are on....more of a trajectory....

its just that some girls are on different slope lines....no different than puberty

we all have our girly girl growth journeys and its the experiences and removal of social pressures that allows us to take one step more on the line....not over the line.

As we each become more comfortable with ourselves, our true selves and not the selves society wants us to be, our line is easier to walk

I think that most of us could qualify, and quantify that line...for ourselves. Trying to define what others would do to "Cross The Rubicon," would probably prove impossible.

Personally, I think it's a concept of "growing and expanding" your transgendered life. "Does today represent a new opportunity to take advantage of....and do I do that!"

I'd like to think that I am a "Practicing CD." By some people's Standards, I might not be. Some TS Gurls might define The Line as 24/7, full-blown hormone regimen, outing yourself to all comers, and marching in rallies. For someone else, it might be A Trip to The Mailbox in a dress.

My good friend Joann posts on here periodically about her " TG To Do Lists," and what she has accomplished during The Past year. I was always struck by That Idea. No matter what The Progress is, if your growing and expanding your horizons, you are most certainly "practicing" something. Isn't that The Idea?

Peace and Love, Joanie

CD Diversity

hi,
    we are all different and live in different circumstances.
    our cross dressing largely depends on our circumstances and needs- for some of us it may be a hobby that we enjoy in private and for others there is a real need to be recognised in public as a female.
    What I like about this website is the loving acceptance of all members and lack of judgementalism. This has certainly helped me understand and accept my CD-ing and I thank you all.
    luv Jacques

Where is the line

I agree some of us take it further than othere, my self at this time I can't go futher, to full time,

I walk the line

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    .......eyebrows and shaving and femme hairstyle are a little hard to hide........of course that doesn't have to mean full femme.
    I do this every day, but don't really consider it crossdressing, because it's just how I present myself daily. If I went any further over "the line" I'm sure it would start affecting my relationships and job.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

I totally understand the analogy and will make no attempt to deride it, though i think the cliff bit is where you start to take hormones and made the decision to become and live fulltime as a woman...I'd say i've been slowly working myself up to the cliffs edge,and i'm flat down peering over the edge..I've comes as far as, regular shaving and tanning(cream),having ears pierced, regular moisturizing, regular going out (not clubs) enfemme to shops etc...trimming eyebrows(carefully)...but won't grow my hair, have a femmine cut etc, no mani/pedicures...for the moment thats where i am...