Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I now know I can quit.....

Karen I cant say a lot that hasn't already been said only that I along with a few 1000 others will miss that cheeky smile and inspirational posts, my darling I wish you well, which ever road you take

take good care of yourself and god bless

J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Michelle View Post
    you are unique in your combination of crossdressing and male activities. I haven't read of many others in these posts that are so clearly delineated. perhaps the enhanced testosterone is driving the male activities and without it you would be a whole lot more feminine more of the time. [in which case you could play for the Leafs, they could use a good woman].
    Lol... The leafs need a lot of things.. Maybe Jim Balsillie will buy them and move them to Hamilton?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Karren, if the tumor grows, isnt this bad? Forget about the diminished desire to crossdress. If that were me, I would not feel comfortable stopping medication. And you did the right thing tapering off. The scary thing is that some people may not have done that because some medications cannot be stopped abruptly. I find this disturbing that you are left in limbo and allowed to have your meds run out due to the fact this doctor cannot see you. Please see what you can do to get a refill that will last until your next appointment.
    Last edited by Jennifer Giovannetta; 11-05-2009 at 08:36 PM.

atleast the tumer is not a real big deal. damn doctors are all on the defensive because of the lawyers. weening your self off the meds was smart. going on what you are saying the drug changes your body chemistry enough to increase your urge to dress aas Karren. if you dont have the desire to cd at this point and dont feel its one of those natural breaks and being Karren is not important to you maybe the new doc can give you something else tht works. just don't forget us here if Karren is a thing of the past. I would miss reading your posts

Jamie

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    So what was my point? I don't know... I just see alll this slipping away and have no control over it.. And while normally it would sadden me.. I don't really care much one way or the other.. Any one have a clue what I'm talking about because I'm starting to wonder myself.. And does anyone else have a simular afliction that is the driving force behine their crossdressing.. I've never heard of anyone else with this.. Kind of a weird and lonely feeling... Ohh well.. Thanks for reading this...
    For the time being, I'd say just let it sit for a while and see what happens. There seems to be significant consequences both ways, so let it steep and what what falls out. Sometimes not consciously thinking about something allows some unconscious processes to occur and we reach a conclusion. We may not know how we got there, but the conclusion can feel about as strong as a rigorous analysis.

Good Luck and Better Days Ahead...

Karren,I've never actually met you. I don't want you to stop being Karren but that's up to you. I know from your posts you have a wife and kids and a good job and lots of stuff to do. In other words you'll still be busy even if you don't dress. I think you should take your meds. That business about the tumor sounds very daunting. You posted about that and the meds once a long time ago. I was very surprised by it all. Without intending to butter you up you're a real go-getter for someone with that kind of health problem. A health problem like that would really subdue a lot of people into inactivity. I will miss your lively and informative threads and posts and everytime I go by Kohl's or T.J.Maxx I will know that "Karren was here". I've looked at some of your makeup tutorials and I've looked at a couple of your albums. I guess what I'm saying is,of course,I don't want you to stop being Karren. But more importantly,it wouldn't serve any purpose for something disastrous to happen to you because you hadn't been taking that medication for awhile.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Karren I know I already posted, but OMG your post is really getting to me. Since joining this wonderful sorority I have looked upon you as one of the wise beautiful big sisters in our house. The fact that you are talking about hanging up your heels for your skates has really rocked my world. I just want to call your Doctor myself and tell her, “There are hundreds maybe thousands of crossdressers out here that need you to get Karren back on her meds stat!” If someone as put together and well grounded as Karren Hutton can give it up then what about those of us that have just taken our first few steps in the sunlight…..but alas darling this isn’t about us. It is about you. We are blessed by your inspiring posts and witty commentary. We hope that it is not over, but if it has to be we are thankful for your friendship. Heck girl you even made hockey seem femme!

See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Well I hope your happy now!!!!

I went ahead called my Primary Care Physician this morning and left a detailed voice mail about what happened and what I need and that we need to talk about a bridge perscription to get me through to January... Hopefully they call back... You guys are truley a pain in the ass..... But I love ya any way! Thanks..... .

.......My Photos

You guys are truley a pain in the ass..... But I love ya any way! Thanks..... .
    Then our work here is through. C'mon girls we have evil to fight elsewhere now. *dramatic toss of satin cape* Dang I broke a nail

It is just that we care about you Karren, where else can we get this kind of dichotomy? The luscious feminine rose and the macho slapshot thorn?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Chemically driven CDing!

Wait Karen and Lorileah! I mite need your advise! I'm NOT a medical doc!

I've always been suspicious of starting DCing in my 50's. After a life of never having even ONE CD thot before then! It was ABOUT the same time I started taking meds for my PROSTATE! I take Finasteride and Terazosine!

Is it possible those r at least a CONTRIBUTING factor to my CDing?

And, Karen, like SO MANY OTHERS HERE, I wish u ALL THE BEST! But, please don't leave us! We'll miss u like crazy!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Wait Karen and Lorileah! I mite need your advise! I'm NOT a medical doc!

I've always been suspicious of starting DCing in my 50's. After a life of never having even ONE CD thot before then! It was ABOUT the same time I started taking meds for my PROSTATE! I take Finasteride and Terazosine!
    lets see...side effects constipation or diarrhea, insomnia or sleepiness, anorexia or excess hunger, and the desire to wear a dress. There you have it DRS...it is the meds. Truthfully, even though they are better than the old estrogenics that were used to treat BPH, there is still some anti-testosterone in them. But c'mon sister, you know it isn't the drugs...its the post dressing beta-endorphin rush.

You aren't a doctor??? but but your name...says doc...
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Lol. Did I mention I'm also on Lipator?? And my feet have been shrinking... Went from an 11 male to a 9 while my cholestrol went from 250 to 130!! Must be a corelation in there somewhere? Anti fat feet? Don't mind that I started skating every week and bind my feet into hockey skates. Lol.

.......My Photos

And my feet have been shrinking... Went from an 11 male to a 9
    Is this where I mutter expletives at you?

Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    If any hormone or other drug had ever been found to be causal re: crossdressing I think that there would have been a whole lot of literature, studies, etc. proclaiming such.

Like this?

http://mobile.journals.lww.com/clini...&article=00008

Reversible Transvestic Fetishism in a Man With Parkinson's Disease Treated With Selegiline

Riley, David E. Clinical Neuropharmacology . 25(4):234-237, July/August 2002.

Dopaminergic therapy in patients with Parkinson's disease may change the quality as well as the quantity of sexual interest and behavior. This 72-year-old man had a 37-year history of Parkinson's disease treated with a right thalamotomy and was later treated with levodopa for more than 20 years. Selegiline (5 mg twice daily) was added for motor fluctuations. He developed a frequent impulse to wear women's clothing but did not act on this impulse until his wife died over a year later. He then began to dress in women's clothing an average of once per week. He stated he had never thought of cross-dressing previously.

Or this.... http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Pramipexole

Other compulsive behaviors, such as excessive shopping and even cross-dressing, have been reported.These side effects may be linked to the D3 receptor agonist activity of pramipexole. D3 receptors are located in brain regions involved in mood, behavior, and rewards.
    Google Dopamine Recptor and Crossdressing and see how many reports there are of crossressing and other compulsions as side effects to that class of drugs...
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-06-2009 at 02:41 PM.

.......My Photos

Lorileah Right

Karen, Doctors offices usually have built in appointments for emergencies. Sometimes you just have to speak up and let them know that without medication your condition could decline. Call again and again until your get a response. Talk to the office manager !! Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by cissy55 View Post
    Karen, Doctors offices usually have built in appointments for emergencies. Sometimes you just have to speak up and let them know that without medication your condition could decline. Call again and again until your get a response. Talk to the office manager !! Good Luck
    My big isse is I'm not a patient... And they won't write perscriptions to people who aren't patients.. Probably if I had made an appointment when my Dr anounced he was retiring... But I neve expected it would take 5 months to get in to see a new one.. One of my less desireable traits... Procrastination.. Lol.

.......My Photos

Karren, These are times which try men's souls...and crossdressers' high heels soles, too. I am on three or four meds, too, and, they sure can and do have side effects. My libido has dried up, and i very seldom realease, when dressing, now. Of course, I very seldom go fishing, hiking, swimming, or play sports anymore, either. I bought some ice skates several years back, and seldom use them. There is nothing wrong, with going through phases, seasons of change. Hopefully, you can be back on the med soon, or, as one said, natural suppliment. I believe one can stop dressing, or greatly curtail it, especially if the desire isn't much. I just got back from a four day mini-vacation, to Banff, Alberta, Canada, and took only drab stuff. I didn't have any desire to dress. With so many stunningly beautiful Canadian gg's around! I must say, that I seldom see any obese, or unattractive gg's in Canada, but, as soon as I come back, to the Seattle/Tacoma area, the opposite, sadly. Whatever you do, thisyou must remember, what the Sage Red Green says, "Keep your stick on the ice. Remember, Red's pulling for you. Whe're all in this together."

I'm late to finding this thread. I too am concerned with you not having your meds. Regarding your crossdressing, hope you don't purge, I suspect that you will regret it later if the urge comes back. Wish you well!!!

Go to Mexico

Get your meds there, they may not be the same but similar,

A lot of senior citizens are involved in the current medical program and there are few fatalities.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Considering the location of the tumour, its probable growth condition I personally would not be over anxious.
    However, if I understand you rightly, you have no doctor and yet you are on paid insurance.
    That is to me a thing to shout about. Reminiscent of the third world....
    The new consultant probably knows nothing of you nor that you are a name on her receptionist's list....
    I do hope that you are a successful patient with her for longer than you were with your original doc..

~Samm
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 11-07-2009 at 10:24 AM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Thanks, Lorileah! I KNEW you'd have some info!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    lets see...side effects constipation or diarrhea, insomnia or sleepiness, anorexia or excess hunger, and the desire to wear a dress. There you have it DRS...it is the meds. Truthfully, even though they are better than the old estrogenics that were used to treat BPH, there is still some anti-testosterone in them. But c'mon sister, you know it isn't the drugs...its the post dressing beta-endorphin rush.

You aren't a doctor??? but but your name...says doc...
    I haven't had any of the other side effects yet. And I WASN'T blaming the drugs. Just wondered if they could have CONTRIBUTED!
    My sex life was OVER! With, or without the drugs! Until I started serious CDing.
    So, it IS more likely the RUSH, rather than the drugs!

I'm DEFINITELY NOT an endocrinologist!

Lol. Did I mention I'm also on Lipator?? And my feet have been shrinking... Went from an 11 male to a 9 while my cholestrol went from 250 to 130!! Must be a corelation in there somewhere? Anti fat feet? Don't mind that I started skating every week and bind my feet into hockey skates. Lol.
    I've been on statins for about 4 years. Cholesterol dropped a lot, and so has my blood pressure! No other noticeable effects, tho!
    Jeez! I'd LOVE smaller feet!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyaV View Post
    I just leaned of your condition. I'll include you in my daily prayers girl. You strike me as a strong one and a fighter - I don't worry about you.

As far as what you're feeling. It seems I'm experiencing similar symptoms and withdraws myself, although not prescription medication induced. I had thought it was just in my head. But reading your situation got me thinking. A couple of years ago (almost), when I hinted to my wife about my CD'ing, and after the initial supposed acceptance, and then her questioning my gayness and masculinity, etc... and her desire of me not doing any of it or she'd be forced to out me to the kids in an embarrassing way, I had decided to attempt to suppress my desires. I started going back to the gym regularly, and put myself on muscle supplements to build up my macho self physically where I'd not find myself anymore feminine, at least in the mirror, and therefore be discouraged to CD again. To make along story short, it seemed to work great, so for all that period, up until last month, I felt no desire to dress-up. Then, business got busy, and did not have time to frequent the gym as often, and I stopped taking the supplements, and started dieting to lose my gut fat and expose the almost evident six-pack. Then, last week, I had the urge to dress, stronger that ever. So I did last week.

After reading your story I decided to put myself to the test. Today, I started supplements again and working out. We'll have to see how I feel soon.

Is it all just a coincidence? Or is there truth to it? I hope we'll find out.
    For some people, CDing is a fetish. They don't do it to be a woman. It's how it feels and looks. It's independent of whether you have a feminine figure or a masculine figure. You just need to have a sex drive. I did this stuff long ago when I was in sports and packed more muscle. Even when my testoerone was high and I was doing weights, I still did it. This leads me to believe it's independent of body type. Just because you look like a woman, doesn't mean you'll CD!

Just google "satin" and "fetish" or "second skin" and "fetish" to get an idea what I'm talking about. People like me don't have to wear it and drool at ourselves. It's not like that at all. We just have to see it. Touch it. It's the material itself. It's something that's hard to understand and communicate unless you know it yourself. You wear it because if how it feels on your skin. You don't wear it to be a woman or to right yourself inside. It's purely for pleasure!

But IDK. People CD for different reasons. Just thought I'd clear this up. There're so many different types of CDer's in this forum that it makes it confusing. I'm sorry if I might have posted in the wrong thread. Perhaps you're right and some people stop CDing for the reason that they CD because of a change in diet or chemistry. But remember that people CD for different reasons, and diet and/or chemistry would have to universally apply to all of them in order to prevent CDing!
    Last edited by gemsay32; 11-08-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Smile

I am taking more meds now than when I started all of this, so I can't blame them. A few years ago all of this came to the surface in my case and I will never be able to figure out what or the why. Not near enough time in the day for me to try and explain my situation.

I hope things turn out good for you Karren. I have always enjoyed your posts.

Well I just can't be this simple... The pharmachy called and said my perscription was ready... I figured I'd have to go into my PCP and get a checkup and explain what's going on... Thanks again... Sometime you need a kick in the ass to get you pointed in the right direction!

.......My Photos

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    Well I just can't be this simple... The pharmachy called and said my perscription was ready... I figured I'd have to go into my PCP and get a checkup and explain what's going on... Thanks again... Sometime you need a kick in the ass to get you pointed in the right direction!
    When you go to the pharmacy, don't forget to get some makeup too!

Good luck Karren. Wish you the best!