Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do women regard us as creepy?

I don't know what to say to that, but I know one thing for sure:

Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Hi.
    In many ways you male s that is your takeing over a role that belong s to women . & is seen this way by many . many male s can not take a male crossing over to live as a female . or a woman . & yes some men are creepy . wether they dress or not . in the term s of m to f .
    As a i e . our grand daughter was with me running up the road . she saw a guy . stoped dead in her tracks turned then flat out run back to me jumping in to my arms . & said so soft . i dont like him . she glung to me so tight . what does that say . she was 5 . she s 6 y 10 m now .
    She saw some thing that was not right . not the clothes ... instinct..
    Being a andro . i see both sides . because thats how i m wired .
    I m accepted . with in our groups . i meet many new people because of what we do .
    The other detail would be many people dont know you . & so that acceptance is not there ,
    It depend s on the person . attatude s . & to some degree how that one dresses . & acts . or is the person just trying to imitate a female or a woman. for what ever reason .
    Many male s are like as has been said . & i dont like being around them from a male or womans perpective. the hackels are crawling up my back . & that s from a woman ....
    Me ......
    Now of cause not all men are like that .
    I know for me men are okay at 4 feet away . women are better at 2 feet & closer
    There is a difference . its in built . its not some thing you just add on. later on when men dress as female . there is that differenance between men & women ....even tho some dont wont to accept that . well it s life ....
    For me it s i dont relate in the same way men do with men . never did ..nor will i because i m a woman ....
    ...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    ...than I would with one who complains about not being able to wear a dress in pubic, wants to wear my clothes , or shouts his protests from the inside of a closet. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against cross dressing, but it does absolutely nothing for me. it strikes me as funny how the cd's in here complain more about men than the gg's and according you all, 85% are straight. WTF?
    [SIZE="4"]Speaking of BROAD generalizations...[/SIZE]
    Not representative of us all, here or elsewhere. Let's not attack entire groups of people as though they are all alike, you get further from reality that way.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

The main reason that crossdressing would upset a woman (or 'creep them out'), especially if it's HER MAN that's doing it, is because it upsets how she sees the world. We're brought up to believe that everyone has a role in life, and that they will responsibly accept it. With that role comes expectations, and everyone pretty much learns to function in a way that depends on others doing what is expected of them. For example; we depend on police to uphold the law and protect us from violent criminals, firemen to respond quickly in the event of a fire and save our lives and the lives of our loved ones, doctors to help us when we're sick, etc.. Men throughout history have been depended upon to protect women, and provide for them when necessary, often make the hard decisions and taking responsibility for them, even when those women aren't necessarily our own mate. When a woman sees a man wanting to and taking a female role, it upsets her view of how society (and perhaps her relationship) functions, and can throw much of what she believed life was supposed to be like, in doubt. Her feeling of security is suddenly gone, and depending on how close she is to the guy who she has suddenly discovered as wanting to be feminine, it will disrupt how she feels she will have to respond to all of the parts of her life. Whether creepy or just unsettling, it's easy to see how she'd feel that way.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Some CD men are creepy.
    Some men that have never dressed are creepy.
    Some women that are repulsed by a dressed man are creepy.
    Some women that suport CD's are creepy.
    Some women think any man is creepy.
    Some women think all women are creepy.

Creepy is just another creepy label used by closed minded people.

I am a creepy acceptor of CD's.
    "It takes a real man to dress as a woman."

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    [SIZE="4"]Speaking of BROAD generalizations...[/SIZE]
    Not representative of us all, here or elsewhere. Let's not attack entire groups of people as though they are all alike, you get further from reality that way.
    Some...not all, I stand corrected. One the other hand I make my assumptions from observervation and interaction over the past 6 six years or so. I have no axe to grind with cross dressers, and if you have read my past threads I think that you would have noticed that i really don't have any issues with what anyone does...live and let live. I am sorry that you feel I was attacking anybody, as it was not my intent. I base my opinion on the impressions that I get from these same observations and interactions. What else do we have to go by? I truly believe that I am an open minded and fair person, and I also believe that experience is the best teacher. So far in my short life this is the impression that I have been given. I don't know how else to explain it.

Kelly
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

[SIZE=4]It is easy to sit back and speculate what women think, rather than ask them. I find this topic rather refreshing since it does point out one of my problems with some of our fellow CDs.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Many of us tend to want to shove out crossdressing down unsuspecting people by telling them outright that we are a CD and like to wear _______ ( fill in the blank with your proclivity) In my opinion, there is nothing creepier. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I meet some really wierd people. I work with real women. Those same women that many of you speculate about what they are thinking. Ever try asking them?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Face the facts. We have some very creepy members, simply because they remain hidden most of their lives and eventually reveal some aspect of their secret world as if everyone else is supposed to react to it, either positively or otherwise.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]One day at work in a salon I worked in, a big rig stopped right in front of the shop. A burly, bearded hulk that had failed to shower in the past few days jumped down and made a beeline directly toward me. I went into a defensive posture, ready to kick his ass, when he smiled great big and blurted out that he was "Maxine" (real name not used here). He knew of me and we had written via this forum and he had dropped by to look at some wigs.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Creep factor = 10 at first, but after a few minutes we were best friends and she left with 3 nice wigs and some makeup. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]So, don't undersell us. Some of us do come off as creepy, at first.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by Paige. View Post
    Some CD men are creepy.
    Some men that have never dressed are creepy.
    Some women that are repulsed by a dressed man are creepy.
    Some women that suport CD's are creepy.
    Some women think any man is creepy.
    Some women think all women are creepy.

Creepy is just another creepy label used by closed minded people.

I am a creepy acceptor of CD's.
    Well said Paige!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Creepy? Us? WHAT NONSENSE!

Why would ANYONE think CDs r CREEPY?

( Said the pirate, wearing a female suit and mask!)
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 11-05-2009 at 11:23 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

maybe it is because women think we are try to take away another of the thing's that's supossed to belong to them. I never thought about asking a woman why they would or if they do think cd's are creepy. maybe a street poll on the subject would be a idea. claim it as a study,might be a interesting poll of normal everyday woman,as the guy's to. what do you gal's think?
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLynn View Post
    maybe it is because women think we are try to take away another of the thing's that's supossed to belong to them. I never thought about asking a woman why they would or if they do think cd's are creepy. maybe a street poll on the subject would be a idea. claim it as a study,might be a interesting poll of normal everyday woman,as the guy's to. what do you gal's think?
    I don't know Amber, that could explain some peoples reaction. there are probably as many different answers to this as there are people. People being the key word. We all have our likes,dislikes and predjudices, and the creep factor is going to be based on these things. Take me for example. I have never hidden the fact that my preference is for men. Although my own personal preference doesn't really affect anybody that doesn't go in that direction, a lot of people including a lot of cross dressers find the idea pretty dang creepy. A lot of people, while it isn't their cup of tea don't have an issue with it. You can educate people until the cows come home, and still have people that, while they may understand....still aren't going to like it.Whether we believe them right or wrong,fair or unfair, it is what it is. For me personally I believe that understanding this has made it a lot easier for me to be out there amongst society. You can't please all of the people all of the time. You just do your best to eek out your little piece of the pie.
    kel

If anyone does, I think it is because you feel and act that way. If you act normal, people treat your normally. If you mix male and female traits that can weird some peope out.

Well my wife used to say drag artists and c/ders they fascinate me and she would watch them on the TV with great interest but as soon as I start coming out to her she doesn't like it,
    I think its the old saying you can please some of the people all the time,but you cant please all of them, all of the time

anyway there would be no fun in it if everybody excepted us cross-dressing all the time,would there

J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

I've had many contacts with women when I've been dressed and have yet to have any negative response back....and panties have come into conversation one way or another and no eeeekkkkk from the ladies....actually women I've found are Wwwwaaaaaaaaaaayyyy more accpeting than anyone else out there....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

I'm finding a LOT of broad generalizations here... and, in a sense, this is one more.

To most people, crossdressers are strange and foreign. Generally, some of the more common responses by folks to something strange and foreign are:

1) They want to kill it
    2) They want to laugh at it
    3) They want to marginalize it
    4) They want to explain it
    5) They want to discover it
    6) They want to procreate with it (or try)

Which of these (or some other response) a particular person falls into depends on his or her culture, education, past and present exposure to other strange things or customs, personal experiences, religious beliefs or lack thereof, and a million other potential influences on their thoughts and attitudes, and how all of these factors relate to the characteristics of the particular strange and foreign thing being experienced.

In short, some GGs will find any CD creepy. Some will not find even creepy CDs creepy. Some will find the creepiness exciting, some will find it frightening. I could go on, but there are as many reactions to crossdressing as there are people reacting to crossdressing. Some are close to each other on the spectrum, others are not.

Some...not all...
    So far in my short life this is the impression that I have been given. I don't know how else to explain it.

Kelly
    On this site at least, there's a vocal minority expressing the way your language said all of us are. The larger reality is far more diverse. A person could be exposed to the worst stereotypes of a TS, but does that mean then ALL TS people are like that?
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Do you suppose they find CDs creepy because we talk about what color underwear we have on (or cut or material) or we act like silly little children or even worse the "S" word when we get out in public OR we think that dressing up is a reason to have sex. I find those creepy myself
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

My personal experiance is this.

It does not matter what sex/gender that the person is, it is up to the individual. However, the women who do accept us seem to be more understanding.

Western society is male dominated. Being a man in this coulture is like being top-dog, or even best version of human. All through the bible, and history there are tones of women "wanting" to take on the male role. My pastor made a sermon once that the woman's biggest sin is to take the man's place.

So with all of this sociatal pressure wher being the man is better a male to female is going aginst what is accepted by the majority. You are giving up being the evolutionry equvilant of perfection for imperfection, and taking a lower place in society. Neither sex can understand why we would do this for reasons above.

There are plenty of excuses why they feel this way but, we are fighting inate human nature, but we can overcome this as we are not ignorant animals controled by our insticts.
    I was told that I was "Way out there In left field", but I don't even know where that is.

Jess

Eew, This whole thread is getting kinda Creepy... LOL Just Kidding

My Ex wife says I'm creepy, but it's not because of the clothes I'm wearing, it has more to do with seeing my boobs, hair & figure..

As she explained it to me, it's only because she knew me as a guy before, but if she didn't ever know me before, and just say as a co-worker, she could tolerate it much better, but all the same would still think of it as weird, but not creepy..

I dont see myself as creepy at all, but sure do see my fair share of creeps out there...
    The world is loaded with them..but I do my best to keep my distance, they just scare me too much..

[SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I know I've said this in other threads, but I feel that it succinctly answers the question. If you were a GG and your impression of TG/ CD based was based on some of the more outrageous and over the top drag queens out there -- someone who satirised the way you as a GG looked and acted, you would also find us creepy -- Just as we as male may not like to be associated with the sweaty hairy macho over the top image of a guy -- and are creeped out by that!

Yet we as a people embrace these individuals and hold them as idols and heroes. This is our very public face. Shouldn't our heroes be the likes of Renee Richards and Wendy Carlos, or even people like the old classic female impersonators like Jim Bailey -- people who have a certain amount of dignity. If we treat the woman that we choose to emulate with dignity, then they in turn would not find us creepy

That's my thoughts.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    Last edited by Toni_Lynn; 11-05-2009 at 06:07 PM.
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I am jealous of my husband getting to wear all thos demi bras I wish I could wear ( I am a natural 34D ,my boobs laugh at demi bras) not creeped out ....

However ,, I ONCE ,, only once was creeped out to the point of fright by a CD-er once out in public here in South Texas at a gas station in Aransas Pass ( For those from Texas that know what that town is like ) who was totally dressed but ,, had REALLY wild greasy hair , runs in his panty hose,, wasn't shaved and you could see his bra real badly ,,like the clothes didnt fit ,,hair all over his arms and chest and he was swishing his skirt all around near me getting gas.. It was bizarre and it did scare me . I was at least 40 at the time ,, and like alot here know, I was literally raised around beautiful, wild , silly drag queens and now my beloved CD-er so it takes alot to scare me like that . I didnt know if he was joking, serious, drunk , mentally ill , or just was trying to get the hang of CD-ing .
    IG : Knightress Oxide

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    On this site at least, there's a vocal minority expressing the way your language said all of us are. The larger reality is far more diverse. A person could be exposed to the worst stereotypes of a TS, but does that mean then ALL TS people are like that?
    I did correct myself and admit that NOT ALL ARE, and in future I will be careful no to generalize. If you want to continue to hold on to that...so be it. However, it does not change the fact that I based my opinion on observations and interactions that I have encountered on this site and in my personal life. You are right in saying not all, but suffice to say enough to influence my opinion. I have no animosity or ill feelings about crossdressers. I see no conflict of interest between transsexual and CD, so what would be the point of (as you put it) attacking them? Let me ask you another question. Where was your indigence when someone stated that men were sweaty,smelly,uncaring yard apes? Are not crossdressers still men whether dressed or not? Do you agree with that statement? If not.. where is your ire? Could it be because the statement was made by a cross dresser and not a TS that it was OK?
    And if so.. Is that statement less inflammatory than mine. Doesn't the language that that person used seem to include ALL men?
    I am sorry that you seem to have taken my statement so personally, and I am sorry that you won't accept the my apology for "generalizing. For me this isn't about crossdressers or transsexuals, just differences of opinions between people. You are entitled to yours as I am mine.

Kel
    Last edited by kellycan27; 11-05-2009 at 07:11 PM.

I'm getting creeped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Do you suppose they find CDs creepy because we talk about what color underwear we have on (or cut or material) or we act like silly little children or even worse the "S" word when we get out in public OR we think that dressing up is a reason to have sex. I find those creepy myself
    I suppose that might explain it.

But as I've said, the closet can make us " a bit barefoot in the head" and it takes a while to break some of the behaviors picked up because of the shame and guild and hiding. It did me.

Veronica Rogers
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

You are right in saying not all, but suffice to say enough to influence my opinion.
    The point I was trying to make to you is, don't judge an entire group ( no matter the category) just by your personal experience. People are individuals.
    Let me ask you another question. Where was your indigence when someone stated that men were sweaty,smelly,uncaring yard apes? ...where is your ire? Could it be because the statement was made by a cross dresser and not a TS that it was OK?
    I assume you meant indignant, rather than being destitute. No, I just hadn't gotten around to the subject of defining males with that kind of broad brush in this thread. Don't take that as implying I condone it. Doesn't matter WHO says it. All men aren't like that ( and I've said so in other discussions), and I suspect the T-girls who say such things are trying to win points with GG's, "See, I'm not an 'icky man.' "
    I am sorry that you seem to have taken my statement so personally, and I am sorry that you won't accept the apology
    Kel
    I do accept it, I just wanted you to be aware of what you're saying & be more careful. No hard feelings.
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President