Thread: Drab shopping is well............drab

Drab shopping is well............drab

I've noticed over the past several months when I go shopping I tend to gravitate to the womens section. It used to be just a quick browse and walk through on my way to or from the drab section. Now its head right to the womens section, touch every rack, check everything out, while in boi mode. Yesterday I needed to buy some new dress shirts and never made it to the drab section. Instead I ended up buying this cute, soft, white sweater. Womens clothes are so much more comfortable and fun to shop for that I may never shop for drab clothes again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

WELL You look as pretty as a picture, and the sweater is lovely and looks nice and warm for the comming months,
    I think once you have shopped in drab or pretty you think and wonder what all the fuss was about,and why was i scared in the first place.
    But the next thing to worry about is the bank balance????

J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Well...... All depends on what store I'm in.... Power tools are a biggie... And hockey equipment... And lingerie.... If only Victoria Secrets had a power tool isle and some pucks, sticks and skates...... I'd be in heaven!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I agree with Karen, not about hockey though. The fem sections, all of them and then power tools. Its heaven and then some.

Hugs,
    Alice

Just think, if Home Depot had a womens wear section?

No Best Buy/Victoria's Secret now that would be the ideal store! I loooove my music.
    Beware the pink fog..........oh what the hell enjoy it. I know I certainly am!

You look great. I shopped drab for the first time in three years. A pair of workboots size 12. Couldn't find them enfemme size 14

Drab shopping is DRAB
    How well I know that. This past Spring I had to get a "guy" sport jacket, to attend a family function, ( all my others had somehow either shrunk on the hanger or had become so "hanger worn" from just being in the back corner of my closet)
    Went into the store with the express purpose of getting the jacket. Really I did, honest. Couldn't help myself but headed to the ladies section first and tried on a few neutral blouses until I found some I liked. Must have spent at least 45 min in that area. Walked over to the men's side looked at some jackets, picked out one in my size, tried it on right there and said to myself "it'll work". Total time there less than 5 min.

Lemme see, shopping for girl stuff ... takes time to get the look right. Buying guy things, simple, get the right size and pay for it, ... done. ( color don't matter)
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

What is my excuse for drab or underdressed shopping at Tall Girl, Dress Barn, or Avenue, not to mention Macy's lingerie or Haynes-Bali. Because I love it.

I have gone to Kohl's twice in the last few weeks to buy some guy shirts, which I desperately need for work, and have never managed to make it to the men's section.

- Diane

I know what you're saying, I tend to gravitate towards the women's sections like a moth to a flame. But the downside in doing so close to home or work is the odds of being seen by someone you know increase dramatically. So much of my "retail therapy" is simply a little window shopping, a view from a hill, so to speak, which helps me so much with my sanity if I find myself getting down about this whole thing.

And btw, you do look wonderful, I wouldn't blame you if you never bought any more guy clothes either!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    I know what you're saying, I tend to gravitate towards the women's sections like a moth to a flame. But the downside in doing so close to home or work is the odds of being seen by someone you know increase dramatically. So much of my "retail therapy" is simply a little window shopping, a view from a hill, so to speak, which helps me so much with my sanity if I find myself getting down about this whole thing.

And btw, you do look wonderful, I wouldn't blame you if you never bought any more guy clothes either!!!
    Thx for the comment, you're sweet!! I try hard and love the feeling of being a woman.

It is what it is

Drab = SnooorreezzzzzZZZZzzzZ

Ughh... I equate shopping for guy clothes to a 9-5 job. You hate it, but you need it.

Went to the mall today with my GF, and she goes into Guess to get some new clothes for her upcoming birthday. While there, she wants me to check out the guy clothes and try some stuff on. What a chore... I picked out 3 things, tried them on, barely stayed awake, and then played on my iPhone in a vain attempt to ignore all of the girly stuff I couldn't try on Chic tops, tight jeans, tights, scandalous skirts (not to mention the women SA's wearing over the knee boots with stiletto heels )...

Rough day.

Thumbs up Same Here

[SIZE="3"]I shop for women's clothing in drab and when I'm dressed. I hardly ever look in the men's section. You look lovely.

Gennee
    [/SIZE]

I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    I shop enfemme quite often and truthfully I find it a chore. I drive through lower manhattan every week on my way to Brooklyn, a shoppers paradise. I stop when I need something at mac or I want something specific. I get frustrated searching for sizes and trying things on. I guess it became routine, I have my favorite stores. In NY it's not a big deal nobody makes a fuss which is wonderful. But other than that shopping is just routine. I kind of wish it were fun the way it was the back when I first started.
    Living the life I choose!