Thread: Contemplating a shopping trip dressed

Aspiring Member

Contemplating a shopping trip dressed

Hi all

I have the opertunity to call to a shopping precinct after 6 pm (dark) one night next week with out the wife knowing.
    I am working late and think I can get to the shops before they close on my way home.
    I have planned to take my clothes bag and a pair of heels to work hidden in the car and on the way home call in the services to change my undies and top then when I get back to the car drop off the jeans and slip on my skirt and wig.
    Drive to the shopping precinct and if I have the nerve try on shoes at Brantano en femme.
    I will also if this goes OK be tempted to go into Matalan and look at or try on a new skirt and top dependant on how busy it is.

My face is not very feminine but the wig covers some of it if I keep my head down, any tips or should I give it a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
    I have the opertunity to call to a shopping precinct after 6 pm (dark) one night next week with out the wife knowing.
    It may just be me, Jayne, but I have difficulty with the notion of being out and about without your spouse's knowledge. I don't wish to be an alarmist, but things do sometimes happen -- speeding tickets, incidents in stores, you name it.

What if you ended up being the millionth shopper at Brantano's or Matalan's and they take your picture for the local paper? Something very much like that actually happened to a friend of mine.

Do you have a backup plan for such a situation?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I'd go for it!!! But don't keep your head down trying to hide... Everyone picks up on that first thing! Hold your head up and walk into the place like you own it.. Act like you belong there dressed as you are.. Push your reality on everyone who sees you! Additionally No one really cares what you wear.... And stores will love you as long as you bring you purse full of money! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Silver Member
    I'd go for it!!! But don't keep your head down trying to hide... Everyone picks up on that first thing! Hold your head up and walk into the place like you own it.. Act like you belong there dressed as you are.. Push your reality on everyone who sees you! Additionally No one really cares what you wear.... And stores will love you as long as you bring you purse full of money! Lol.

You know, sweetie, Karren is SOOO right on this.

The idea that you have to hide to spend money in a store is really, really, silly. That's what stores are FOR. They WANT you to spend your money. That's how they pay their bills. They don't give one sweet flying pattootie how you are dressed. Wear a cowboy suit, wear a clown suit, wear a nice pretty outfit of your own choosing. They don't care!!!!! NOPE they just don't care. I am so sorry if this disappoints you, but it's true.

Stores want your money. THAT'S ALL.

How does Karren know all this? Well DUH, she DOES it! So do many, many others on this forum who just go shopping.

I know, I know, it's a big deal the first time you do it, but listen, honey, we are trying to TEACH you something here. Shopping for women's clothes is NOT some prohibited, mystical, ritual that only women have access to. It's exactly the same as shopping for brake pads for your truck. You go into the store, tell the clerk what you want, decide if it's right for you, pay for it, and leave.

The only real difference is that shopping for women's clothes is FUN!!! Yea!

Screw up you courage, hon. After all, you're a guy, right? Guys are all about courage. Just do it.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

jayne if you do make out let us know how you got on.
    but don't forget stephenie advice (don't look down).

good luck
    carolyn xx

I agree with Karren - you have to look relaxed. Karren advised me this very thing after my first shopping trip. And you don't mention makeup in your packing list - just a little foundation and some subdued lip color will help to feminise your features.
    And just enjoy yourself, be yourself. I go shopping as Ruth often and I don't fool myself that I pass all the time, but I get by.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Smile too!

Id go for it,in the company of a few gg's and shopping to boot sound's wonderful. go have a good time and try not to stress. wish i could take that advice with a spoon of salt,maybe one day soon i hope
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Aspiring Member
    Caroline and all who have shown an interest,
    Tuesday on the way to work I painted my toe nails pink.
    Before setting off from work and to go shopping I painted them red.
    By the time they were dry I had reached the services where I called to the toilets and slipped on bra, panties, breast forms, black top and holdup stockings before putting on my track suit bottoms and coat so I could get back to the car.
    In the car park I slipped off the track suit bottoms in favour of a skirt.
    I put on my wig and a little lipstick then drove to Parkgate retail world.
    I parked close to Brantano and plucked up courage to go in.
    I tried on a few pairs of shoes and eventually went to the check out and paid. The lady on the till was very nice but obviously knew I was a man, she never batted an eye lid.
    After this triumph I drove down to Matalan where I eventually got through the door, it was buisy in this shop and the lights did me no favours. I sculked around and left after hiding round the clothes racks.
    On the way out an older woman stared and watched me walk through the car park, smurking at me, I did not care.
    I drove home and in a layby just before I got home, I swapped back to male clothes.
    I realy enjoyed the trip.
    Last edited by Jayne; 11-10-2009 at 01:47 PM.

It may just be me, Jayne, but I have difficulty with the notion of being out and about without your spouse's knowledge.
    I am so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way ... and never mind the "out and about" part. Someone to whom you give your heart has a right to know.

As a GG I also agree. Going "out and about" is fine but hiding this from your wife is a big NO. If this is something she is uncomfortable with and you are just plain going to do it anyway it's just sneaky and as bad as lying and no good will come of it.

Telling the SO is important but you have to pick the time and place to accomplish this feat and don't chicken out. Having said that, I'm really glad you enjoyed your outing, with no unexpected problems. As everyone knows the old saying the pink fog will prevail, your next outing will come soon.

Hugs,
    Alice

hello jayne
    well done jayne, what are you going to do next and when ?.
    when you got back in the car after you been to matalan the first
    words pass your lips were UNPRINTABLE close is HAPPY.

carolyn xx

Aspiring Member
    Persephone & Barbara918
    I didn't tell my wife for a few reasons.
    Firstly she only accepts my dressing in private at home and preferably when she is not in. Secondly we have had many long discussions about dressing and to keep our marriage happy, I can only dress at home if I have her agreement.
    I was asked not to under dress as I could get caught if I had an accident.
    I was also asked not to go out with painted toe nails in case of the dreaded accident.
    I know it is not good to go out with out her OK but if I waited for that day, I would be too old to walk in heels.
    If anything happened and I was caught out I would then obviously have to not only face the music at home, with my wife and daughter, but also at work and with my friends who also do not know I cross dress.
    Maybe I should just stop (if I possibly could I would) crossdressing if I do not have my wifes acceptance.

Aspiring Member
    Carolyn

Thank you for your support.
    I did enjoy the outing.
    The build up was exciting and the event passed with little if any worries.
    I do not know if I will try again but I might

Jayne XX

Aspiring Member
    Karren

I love the advice and took it before I went on my outing.
    If I looked as good as you I would not worry about going out at all.
    I can pass at a distance but need a bag over my head or a makeup artist to get my face looking nice
    I have been out in daylight before, but had the time to apply foundation and many other layers products to soften my look.

Thanks for your support

Jayne XX