Hi everyone, I have gone back and forth about HRT for a long time. I have researched the effects and the hazards (like increased risk of cancers, clots, etc). I also know that it reduces sex drive. I have been considering if I'd be willing to live with a diminished sex drive. At first I was nervous but now I am thinking I can live with it.

My question to the gals here is, what is it like dealing with a diminished sex drive? Does it go away completely or does arrousal just happen rarely?

I'm sure results differ by the person but I'd just like a better picture of the sex-drive situation. Sex is important to me, but I'd be satisfied if I only did it occasionally.
If sex drive can be be destroyed however this would be an issue for me definitely. (haven't heard of that though)

I'm 23 years old currently. I consider myself pretty healthy, as I don't smoke at all and drink only occasionally. I'm 6ft tall and weigh on average 195lbs. I am active, as I often hike and go caving. My moods tend to swing frequently as my male self, and the idea of some balance seems very inviting.

I'm trying not to rush into anything but this is definitely important to me. I just wanna be sure I have my "eyes wide open" when dealing with this.

Thank you all for your time. I understand this is a personal thing and I apologize if I offend anybody. Private messages are welcomed if anyone prefers.

Thanks again, Shayna