Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are different ................

Chewies sister-moulted!

We are different ................

My wife , and a couple of online t girl friends have remarked several times of how we seem to be unique and live almost alternative lifestyles in reflection of others we know - people who don't dress . I don't marginalise or label folk if I can help it , but it certainly got me thinking of other parts of my life that are not seen by others ( of my age - early 40's - sob) as normal , or indeed as one person rudely suggested befits my age - " I should grow up ".
    My "alternative " hobbies mountain biking , power kiting , but mainly djing psychedelic trance probably don't fall into the mainstream lifestyles but certainly for me an absolute in life - especially djing .
    I was wondering , what do the other girls on this site do ( other than popping on a frock ) that could be regarded as " different " .
    So , what floats you're boat , just for a fun thread like ....?

Oh , and just for a giggle - its murder trying to dj whilst wearing a wig - makes wearing headphones , very hot , unstable and to much amusment of my wife .

I'm into paintball big time. I've dropped boat loads of money on that hobby. Me and my team enter into speedball tournaments all the time. Speaking of trance I love it without a doubt and try and go to clubs playing it all the time. I used to jump out of perfectly good airplanes until I got hurt. I also scuba dive and snorkel on a regular basis. So yeah I guess you could kind of call me a adrenaline junkie.
    Beware the pink fog..........oh what the hell enjoy it. I know I certainly am!

I do the hunting-fishing things, love the outdoors.

i build lowrider trucks and am a photographer for an online custom car/truck magazine
    <3 Jenny

When i'm not dressed i'm a pretty normal guy.Ride a harley,my vehicle is a dodge diesel 4/4 and i dress like a red neck.If you could see under the jeans people would be very surprised to see shaved legs and panties 24/7.

Nahhh. I don't think I'm unique.. I crawl around in underground coal mines for a living and ice skate and play ice hockey to relax... I know a number of crossdressing coal miners and a number of hockey playing crossdressers.... Just no coal mining, hockey playing ones.. Lol.

Hockey is where I live..... Life is just a place I go between games!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I luv hunting and have been known to chase whitetails in full femme, camo excluded.

I like to do a lot of diffrent things

When I dress either as a girl or guy I enjoy the same thing's I love to fish, Kayak, surf,play golf(big advantage from the red t's) and go 4 wheeling. I drive a jeep wrangler with a 4 1/2 lift on 35's so my skirt rides up a little when getting in it.

I hunt and fish. Even go ice fishing sometime with pantyhose on for added warmth.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly Michele View Post
    I do the hunting-fishing things, love the outdoors.

yup,fishing is the best. I like to bass fish in the early spring and cat fishing in the summer. some time's i go crappie fishing in later fall but has been a while
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    OMG - you lot make me feel very lazy lol

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I realised, well before I ever crossdressed, way back in grade school that I was different from the other kids. Didn't want to run and play tag or football or baseball. I was perfectly content just reading a book or listening to the radio. At age 11, on a summer day, you'd find me in the basement at home listening to my shortwave radio and reading about things like old time radio. As I said before on some other threads, I was a good kid and stayed away from all manner of trouble. The nuns at school loved me as I never was problem. The only place I was a problem was at home, where I was taunted by my mum as being a loner for not wanting to be out running around with the boys. When she discovered my crossdressing it was only more so.

All of this stuck with me over the years and has perhaps become more intense. On a scale of being different from others, I'm right out there. For example, noting that none of this is a judgment of those who do not agree with me or don't like what I like:

1) I don't watch TV. If I do its the news, the Weather Network, and TCM. I've never seen Seinfeld, Frasier, Friends, Survivor etc. Most contemporary thing I've watched --- Corner Gas on CTV.
    2) I still listen to old time radio and fall asleep each night listening to Gangbusters, Nightbeat, Dragnet, Lux Radio Theatre, or Johnny Dollar.
    3) I collect 78 rpm records. Oh, and vintage training bras.
    4) I want to move to Canada and become a citizen there
    5) I have no time or the emptiness of most of today's pop culture.
    6) Hate sports!
    7) I am pro-life and cannot morally accept abortion or the death penalty
    8) Don't drink alcohol or take drugs -- I want to be in control of me at all times

Thing is, I am like this whether I'm in boy-mode or girl-mode. Which gets to my next point. Hanging around here has brought me to the conclusion that I am even quite different from my crossdressing peers -- to the point where I feel that I don't fit, even here. I guess its because (and note again that none of this is a judgment of those who do not agree with me)

1) I'm a devote and traditional Roman Catholic
    2) I have no desire to get dressed and go clubbing
    3) I have no problem with menswear-like girls clothes and in fact find them to be a bit of turn on when I'm wearing them.
    4) I find GGs wearing men's clothes and especially men's underwear to really hot -- and my wife is the hottest of all when she does this for me.
    5) The recent thread about bondage and the somewhat enthusiastic responses in favour made me feel out of place because I can't see any connection to CDing among other things. This is similar to the way I felt as age 12 or so when I read Dr David Rueben's Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex and he lumped us in with homosexual practices. I knew it wasn't what I was about
    6) Don't feel that I have to put today's breed of drag queens on a pedestal, march in gay pride parades to show that I support us as CDers or hold no hatred toward G/L/B people, and just because I'm a CDer my favourite movies don't have to be To Wong Foo or Priscilla...

I could go on, but I won't. At times I'm proud of the ways I'm different. At time though I feel like the Joe Jackson song says 'If you don't fit, you're fit for nothing at all" -- and that I'm searching for my Island of Misfit Toys

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    Last edited by Toni_Lynn; 11-11-2009 at 11:58 AM.
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Underpinnings

I'd say that all of us share at least one thing in common and that's a great start; many of the world's political and social issues could be solved by focusing on this. None of us are as bland or uniform as the media would like us to be or as unthinking as we may perceive others to be. In addition, we're all I think more open minded than the norm. To take things beyond that I think is to find artificial divisions created by nationality, local culture and upbringing.

I have been paragliding for the last 18 years. That's a bit unusal I think.

I imagine it is because we've already become so willing to stretch the boundaries by dressing the way that we want to, that we're also less inhibited in other parts of our lives, or maybe its the other way around, because we're less inhibited we're able to wear the stuff we want?

Twice in my life I packed up and attempted to move across the country, and I plan to again in the next six months or so, I also perform stand up comedy, which is a pretty risky thing judging by the amount of people who tell me they're jealous and wish they could do it.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Toni_Lynn View Post
    4) I want to move to Canada and become a citizen there

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    Honey, you just get on up here. We would love to have you.

Ronni
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica 1 View Post
    Honey, you just get on up here. We would love to have you.

Ronni
    On my way to BC -- autumn 2010 .. my wife beside me and Puppy and Kitty in tow!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

we are quite a bunch!

Ok, we are in the NE and heat entirely with wood, and that means buying logs and having fun with chainsaws! We maintain a massive garden, I'm a violinist, I love rebuilding internal sections of houses, love all kinds of woodworking, never watch commercial TV, love to cook (even in male mode), and I crochet (again, in both genders).

I even have the time to go to work and earn a living!

tina

i play bridge with a bunch of grannies and i fit in perfectly(if you can believe it!)Nancy

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    My Porsche, a 1984 944 that I'm constantly working on, up grading, improving, it never ends but it keeps me off the bar stool, although I quit drinking about ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni_Lynn View Post
    On my way to BC -- autumn 2010 .. my wife beside me and Puppy and Kitty in tow!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    Sweet, what part of BC are you headed to?
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

Hey Shelly.......

I think you are right, we are different! And even if we were more accepted in society, I would still be "two different people" on the outside. Getting dressed up puts me in a whole different state of mind, and I do my best to emulate the type of woman I would want to be if I were biologically different. The thing is, I am always the same on the inside, and that keeps me grounded and puts my life into perspective each and every day. For those of us that are daily visitors to this site, it is proof positive that we think about our "uniqueness" on a regular basis. For me, I find comfort in sharing my inner thoughts with others who can relate to how I feel, (on the inside) and I enjoy the confirmation of that. Most of my friends and aquaintences would just not understand, but that doesn't mean that I would want to give them up for their lack of understanding, thus the "living two seperate lives" concept.

I find it amazing and refreshing that we are so different in what we do occupationally, and recreationally. There are truly many colors that come out of the same crayon box!

Suzanne
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

i have a 23 ft wakeboard boat that my wife thinks i am having an affair with........i love to wakeboard and surf......also have a few cool cars to love to drive......

silk

While I don't consider my crossdressing a hobby ( it's who I am ), I do have a number of things I love to do. In the summer and spring, I golf as much as I can, and in the winter I ski as much as I can. Since I'm retired I can do a lot of both. I have also become an accomplished cook, which my wife loves. I also bake and make my own pie dough. I could say that that is my feminine side, but most of the best chefs are male.

I just love Shire Horses and have a few mares for breeding they are GENTAL GIANTS , and if people were half as honest as animals there would be no trouble in this world

J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".