Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: underdressing

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar

underdressing

I've never underdressed. I'm either a drab, or Cheryl, and never the two may meet. So I'm curious about the number of you who underdress but, most important, why underdress at all? I mean, what's the point? If you're going to dress, dress, and don't go halfway, at least that's how I see it.
    A few posts ago someone asked the question about acting too gurly while dressed as a drab, and I can understand if that person was underdressing, which is yet another reason why I don't.
    So, for those of you who do underdress, how do you keep your act together? And what's the point? Why go halfway?

Underdressing for me has two aims.

Firstly, it's a stepping stone to being fully dressed out. It helps build confidence without pushing the boundaries too far too fast.

Secondly and more practical. Its important for me when shopping, which I do en drab, that I have the appropriate underwear on so that when trying on clothes I can see how they will look as part of a full outfit.

Oh and I nearly forgot - it feels good

underdressing

Hi Cheryl
    to give my opinion on underdressing i do it b/c i know i cant go all the way it would never look right so to take a piece of it with you is better then nothing at all.
    Jessica

I also underdress occasiuonally... I guess it's my way of carrying my "secret" with me with nobody knowing... for me there's a definite thrill to doing it!

Have you ever put on a nice pair of underwear say bikini or boy shorts for a Day of drab dress. It's all about the feel both inward and out. I have no problum with it making me act girly. And there's nothing wrong with a good feeling Chery.
    Angie

I wear panties all of the time -- they just feel so comfy. I wear a small unpadded bra on weekends if I'm not fully dressed -- like Sarah said, it feels good!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Aspiring Member

under dressing

Well Cheryl, for me, who will probably never pass, too tall, have a beard, and don't want to be out, it is the only choice. Especially with the cold weather I can under dress more and get a lot of the feel of full dressing which I do at home. I do wear female jeans or pants a lot when out though, and a top under my male shirt often. Just like to do it. Sherrii

Aspiring Member
    Hi Cheryl

I love to under dress.
    I do not get the time alone or the privacy to dress fully very often.
    I love to paint my toe nails and know they are coloured.
    I love to wear panties and stockings under my jeans at weekends.
    I also agree with Sarah, it is easy to try on new clothes if you have the appropriate under wear on.
    Plus I like it

Like others, for me 1. it feels so great to have them on 2. i don't feel i can come out to the public yet, so underdressing in public is good enough for right now.

Smile

I under dress, cause it just makes me feel better.

And as I can not go out into the general pop and make it, forget about passing, just trying to not look like a big old guy in a dress is a very hard thing to do.
    And with no support so many have, even harder.
    Having no wife has the good of nothing to interfear with dressing.
    But worse with also no support.

Work makes it not possable for some "things" and no time to get to a support groop.

So under dressing is all I can do.......for now.

Loni

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    For me, underdressing is a way of "keeping the faith" so to speak, you know, to be true to myself.

In my case, crossdressing is a way of helping me tap into, and enhance, a side of my personality that I think benefits me greatly. I enjoy being and feeling feminine. I can't always dress fully (like at work for example) and so how do I get that self satisfaction of "embracing the feminine" in situations like this? ... by underdressing. I enjoy thinking of myself as a feminine guy as well as a crossdresser so wearing girly clothes seems natural to me and I want to wear at least something feminine, all of the time.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I underdress because I can never be Amy in public, but Amy is me and I need to feel that I am Amy as well as John.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Hi Cheryl...

I do not dress in public nor do I have a real "girly" side when I dress at home. I dress because it is relaxing and I enjoy wearing all the different types of clothing.

Having said that I only underdress at home and do so as I just feel like wearing different items throughout my day. I may also underdress for a couple of hours preceding the departure of my wife should she be going out. Kind of like getting a nice warm up.

Smile Underdressing

I also underdress because I can not pass. Like others I enjoy the feeling. My SO is very supportive and would allow and support going all out if I wish to do so. However, as I can not pass at the best of times, I'm comfortable just underdressing 24/7 and occassionally fully dress when remaining at home.

Hi Cheryl,

I underdress everyday, I can't dress at work or when going to family functions so this is a way to feel comfortable and complete throughout the day. At home it's different, I dress much more completely but since I would not pass easily, my public forays are limited. Besides, it gives me the same feeling women get when they are dressed in jeans and a T-shirt. It feels great, physically and mentally, to know we are wearing the same things.

But that is just me.

Quote Originally Posted by CherylFlint View Post
    And what's the point? Why go halfway?
    Cheryl, let me ask you this, is there anything different in what you just asked and someone saying something like:

"I don't understand it, why wear women's clothes, what's the point? I mean, I don't do it, so why should someone else like it?"

Why go halfway? Cause maybe it's enough for them, or maybe they simply like underdressing. I know I enjoy a fair amount of lingerie, the only underdressing I do in public though is panties. I like them better than male underwear, that's all.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Though I have in the past.... I rarely do any more... And can't really put my finger on it but I think its more like "if I can't fully dress for an extended period of time". then why bother! Or something like that... And extended period used to be 2 hours but now its more like 12... Minimum..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    Like others have said here; I will never be able to pass outside of my house.
    That being said; To underdress is my way of CDing and able to get away
    with it with out being exposed.
    Today the way most woman dress, ie in pants and a top, me wareing my
    drab clothes while having a bra and panties on (panties- 24/7) is just like
    all the GG's out there. So life goes happly on. Rader

I underdress because I do not have any male underwear. LOL The feel of a silky cami and the pull of my stockings on my garters help me to feel like myself and gets me through the day.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

it just happened by itself

It all started because skin fungus just loves me. To eliminate the problem I need to keep the moisture level down. That means small underwear. Do you know what small male underwear costs???

Secondly, when I lost a bunch of weight my wife started to notice that male jeans just don't fit me well. So I tried size 8 low rise women's jeans, and they fit perfectly (as long as the leg hole is 20 in, otherwise I'm poured into it if I can get in at all!). Well, tight low-rise jeans do not expect you to wear mens briefs!

Ergo, women's panties are more economical, are needed for low-rise jeans, and I can tuck with a pair of cotton bikini panties alone.

On the days that I wear a suit then it doesn't matter, and on those days I jump back and forth from my few remaining pairs of men's briefs to panties.

As to anything else, I agree with those who want a bigger separation between the genders. I have no urge to wear stockings or bra or other stuff without Tina being present!

tina

Living here in small town rural america, (yep there's still a lot of rural in New York) one of the "boundaries" my wife and I agreed upon, was that I would not dress locally. Underdressing, stretches the "boundary" a bit, but so far she's okay with it.
    My other three reasons are; I like it, I like it and I like it!!!

Wearing plain womens jeans ,t's socks and panties may not look like anything to you but its great 4 me,and i guess thats what matters .gotta love panties,Nancy

In reality it is all about interpritation. What one interprets as underdressing is really more like dressing to another individual. Am I no less a crossdresser by wearing panties, and ladies hosiery under my mens slacks, than the person that is completely enfemme? That is the question that I like many that underdress must pose and ask ourselves. By definition alone, since I choose to wear ladies garments underneath mens clothing, I am still classified as a crossdresser. Personally, I get enough satisfaction out of that for it to be okay with me.

In a perfect world we could always do what we wanted when we wanted. This is not a perfect world, it is one with limitations that are imposed, implied, and accepted. I accept the fact I can't dress fully enfemme, but refuse to allow it to impose upon me a total limitation of not dressing at all.
    Last edited by 2b.Lauren; 11-11-2009 at 01:26 PM.
    Enjoying the softer side of life!

2b Lauren

Great post lauren,right on,Nancy

Underdressing

[SIZE="2"]It just feels so good!!!
    Susan
    [/SIZE]