Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My fiance thinks I should not...

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Why does "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK... I sleep all night and I work all day...... ". Keep poping into my head???

touché Karren

It is what it is
    Plaid is in! My gf just bought a similar shirt at Guess last weekend (hope she wears it tomorrow night ); it's very form fitting, curve hugging, looks good with tight jeans.

Now, don't take this the wrong way, but like CherylFlint said "when you dress as a gurl, then do it right", I have to agree. in your photo, you look like a guy in too tight clothes. If you were to complete the look with a shave, wig and makeup, you'd be very cute!

Quote Originally Posted by CherylFlint View Post
    My opinion is when you dress as a gurl, then do it right. Same goes for when you "dress" as a drab.
    Wow, such intolerance from a site that promotes the exact opposite. What exactly is the "right" way to dress as a girl, so we can all do it based on your standards. Anything GGs might want to know too?

Oh right and since I wear skirts "as a drab," I guess I'm doing it "wrong" in your book?
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkeyOnRye View Post
    Wow, such intolerance from a site that promotes the exact opposite. What exactly is the "right" way to dress as a girl, so we can all do it based on your standards. Anything GGs might want to know too?

Oh right and since I wear skirts "as a drab," I guess I'm doing it "wrong" in your book?
    I'm with ya! The more people that are out bending the barriers of gender norms, the better off we all are. Kudos to you for not feeling like you need to conform. If (almost) every CDer followed strict society standards and totally passed, just think how miserable those of us that don't pass as well would be.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Right on, JiveTurkeyOnRye!!!
    My thoughts exactly. You dress how you want, I'll dress how I want, and then we can all get along.

I gotta side with her

The outfit is cute...make no mistake about that. It is very 'intersexed' which may be what prompted her description where she said simply "weird". If she's not good with you in this outfit for going out to where and what the two of you are doing tonight, select something that makes her more comfortable. She must be aware of your dressing, so don't burn her out on stuff like this.

$0.02

PS: Karen, the Lumberjack reference was pretty funny!

Thanks again everyone. Let me just say it again that I do not dress my face as a women. Neck down only is what I like. I know I should not go out wearing a prom dress with my face in public.. I will post some pics of what I do wear and what my fiance thinks is not as wierd.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    It does look "weird" only because people don't expect it, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    I'm with ya! The more people that are out bending the barriers of gender norms, the better off we all are. Kudos to you for not feeling like you need to conform. If (almost) every CDer followed strict society standards and totally passed, just think how miserable those of us that don't pass as well would be.
    I agree with both these quotes whole heartedly! Wearing girly clothes in boy mode is purely a personal choice and you shouldn't feel pressured to conform if you don't want to. There is no call for the antagonism that seems to sometimes exist within our community between partial dressers and the “all or nothing” crowd.

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with mixing masculine and feminine signals. I do it all the time in my girly-boy (androgynous?) mode. It may not be what most people are used to seeing, but if the clothes look nice on a woman, why can’t they look nice on a guy? Granted there are limits on what a guy can wear in public without creating a stir, but that has very little to do with what looks inherently good or bad. It is, rather, a reflection of Western society’s insistence on a rigidly bi-gendered world.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!