Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taping for cleavage! OUCH!

Taping for cleavage! OUCH!

Hi girls! I just got back from the Beauty and the Beach event where I was dressed from 9am till about 2am for 3 days straight. It was a wonderful experience but being "taped up" that whole time for cleavage really took it's toll! (see pics) I'm using "Transpore" medical tape. When taking the tape off on Sat night, a few layers of skin came with it! OUCH! Here it is Thursday and I'm still in pain! So girls, if you're taping for more than one night, be careful!I think I'm going to give the "Q Bra" a try as I don't want to go through this again! Any girls use the "Q Bra" or have any other ways to achieve cleavage without taping? Thanks!
    Staycee
    Attached Images Attached Images

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    Yikes! Consider this particular word to the wise most effectively delivered, Staycee!
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

OUCH!! Now THAT looks painful! I guess you will have to do without cleavage for a while. When I tape, I use J&J sports tape, and that hasn't happened. Then again, I have't been taped for that long, or that many days in a row.

ouch girl,that must hurt really bad. I have a few suggestion's but heal up a little first. I prefer a underwire bra,with a size smaller then usal band. im a little heaveyer set but it helps that im near a b cup naturaly,then there is this

http://thecrossdresser.org/2008/12/b...rt-1-stuffing/

there is 4 part's from stuffing,to form's and everything inbetween. i have personly done the sock one with good result's. im sure there's better one's but these are atleast a start
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Holy Goddess! Staycee, that looks painful! I've heard horror stories of bad things sometimes happening from taping. What happened? I've read that you have to be careful to tape properly or else you can cause severe damage to your skin. Was it simply being taped for too long or do you think maybe a different taping technique might be called for?

I've experimented with taping a little in the past, but never too extreme or for very long, just a couple hours, and didn't have any pain or anything, so I can't imagine how that feels, but it looks like it hurts a LOT.

Sorry to hear that you're in such pain.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

ouch!

Thus far I've had only minor irritation from taping (some brand of medical tape ... can't remember which), but now I will take more care!

Does the Qbra work and play well with forms? It kind of looks like it may (as opposed to some other cleavage creators I've seen). Perhaps one downside is that it looks as though it has an adhesive component to it ... hmm.

Hang in there .... maybe get some aloe or something!

Mel

It is pretty painful! Especially when my 6 year old daughter wants a hug!! I've been cleaning it with peroxide, (double ouch) and putting triple anti-biotic ointment on it. I think it was from being taped for so many hours, for 3 days straight.. The only time I wasn't taped was when I was sleeping. I've taped countless times before for only 1 night and have had only minor irritation.. Just a few red marks and glue residue. I WILL however remember this for the next time I'm dressed for several days in a row!

OMG!, OUCH!!! That has got to hurt SO bad, I can practically feel your pain from here, I feel so bad for you & wish I could help somehow.. it looks like you have an infection where it's so red, does it feel real hot?

But not sure I know what to say about getting cleavage, and I never used tape, but before I my boobs grew to a C cup, all I did was wear a tight push-up bra & had small silicone forms that pushed up my small boobie flesh up, but keep in mind that my chest was never firm, so that helped..

Just hope you feel better soon & get all healed up, and please forget about cleavage thing until you get all healed up..OK?

[SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Ouch

that looks painful. I have stuffed with socks,water balloons and zip bags full of rice. I have read about taping and never tried it.

I hope it heals quickly for you it looks real painful

OUCH!!1 that looks VERY VERY painful girl
    <3 Jenny

I have had issues with taping for cleavage also. It was only one day for about 5 hours and I still have scars a month later. Then I got one of these.
    http://www.glamourboutique.com/index...ROD&ProdID=852

And it did this for me.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=118117
    Scroll down a bit for pictures. All in all I like the device a lot. Now for some glue on forms.....

I hope that you heal up quickly.
    Hugs,

Yikes ! That is going to take an age to heal. Thanks for the heads up and good luck with the healing process.

Quote Originally Posted by kimmy p View Post
    I have had issues with taping for cleavage also. It was only one day for about 5 hours and I still have scars a month later. Then I got one of these.
    http://www.glamourboutique.com/index...ROD&ProdID=852

And it did this for me.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=118117
    Scroll down a bit for pictures. All in all I like the device a lot. Now for some glue on forms.....

I hope that you heal up quickly.
    Hugs,
    Wow! Thanks Kimmy! That looks like it will do the trick! Oddly enough at the event I was working at this weekend, Glamour Boutique was the vendor right next to us!! I didn't see that product though!
    Staycee

I can still feel your pain and I'm only looking at a picture. I hope you heel better than it looks.

[SIZE=4]Oh, I can feel your pain from here, but mostly remember the anger at myself for doing the exact same thing. I was angry because I couldn't tape again for about a month and then it was questionable.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I have quit the taping routine and go now with my Diva. My whole cleavage creation article is located on my web site which is shown in my signature.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]My condolences, I hope you are feeling better soon and have few scars.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Your sis,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

My doctor told me not to use peroxide. I had used it for years, but he was correct. If I don't use it, healing is faster and less scar tissue. What he said, the peroxide kills both good and bad bacteria. You want to keep the good bacteria. The vitamin-E anti-bacterial ointments are better.

I hope you get better quickly. The skin around there is really sensitive and scars last a long time, not to mention it can be hard to explain.

I've had some minor irritation from tape before. Usually caused by pulling too tight to start, but usually you don't feel it much until later. If I feel any itching, discomfort or pain at all it is a que to investigate because something has gone wrong.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    OMG Staycee that looks so painful. I wish I knew a make the skin grow back tip, but I don't.

I do have a question. I have tried taping before and the clevage just isn't happening. I am pretty flat even by boy standards. Am I doing something wrong as far as taping and would one to the cleavage devices everone is mentioning do me any good or am I stuck without clevage because I lost the genetic lottery....AGAIN. First the whole X vs Y chromosome thing and now this.

I have to admit I had just resigned myself to looking like your typical flat chested runway model, but if there is something I can do that would be too cool.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Smile

I am glad I have natural 'A' cups, gives something to work with.
    Hope you heal up with no scars.
    The skin needs to breath and some people just can not handle medical tape, might take note on your med charts. Bad rash from tape.
    Could save you from problems if you had to be in a hospital for some time.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    You poor girl you , this is so close to home for me as I've had very similar tears on the skin . Mind you , I was using Hollisters adhesive alongside far too many strips of Transpore , great clevage , very authentic - until I found the Holisters had increased adhesion of the tape ,and after removing the forms without thinking I just pulled the tape away ....and tons of skin . One good piece of advice here ..... I now use tapes from The Breast Form clinic , no more Hollisters ( still with Transpore but I make sure I never sleep taped up ,) and I always remove the Transpore whilst very warm SLOWLY , and immediately on removal use baby oil to calm things down ( ONLY if the skin is not irritated NOR damaged ) BEFORE and after bathing - it also removes any residue of adhesive . I must point out this method works for me , if anyone wishes to try it , its up to you , I,ll be more than happy to advise . In short , I don't tape up for more than 2 days at a time .
    To injure yourself in this manner makes for uncomfortable questions when asked ( on a warm afternoon wearing no shirt ) "what are those marks?"
    There is however a remedy that'll speed up the healing process -a warm weak salt water solution. It stings like mad , but these type of tears are very like burns , and for that theres nothing better .Most antibiotic creams or solutions will only cause the tear / graze / burn to increase , think of butter placed on a burn - it just keeps on cooking . these wounds need to be dried , kept clear of oils as this can cause infection . Sea salt is best . I'm a very experienced advanced AED First Aid and swear by this old but brilliant solution . Watch out for deodorant too .
    I think in light of these horrible marks we all seem to experience , that there must be some sort of theatrical aid , be it a bra or some kind of support out there ........ the links above certainly have me reaching for my wallet .
    Its a crying shame that the creation of cleavage ( the icing on the cake almost ) gives us flat chested girls so much of a problem.......
    Last edited by Shelly67; 11-13-2009 at 03:13 AM.

I feel your pain, no really, I feel your pain. Years ago 15+ I tried to do the same with homemade forms where I taped them on with medical tape and thought I did a real fine job. They had some heft to them and I could feel the weight and thought it kind of cool. Loved them so much I thought I'd sleep with them on to see how breasts really felt under my nightie. I had taped them underneath where the forms met my skin and all around the perimeter and when I woke up I was sore where the tape was and I did pull off skin with the tape. I was travelling on business and had very little in the way of first aid equipment, just bandaids and a little first aid cream. Not much help and I still have scars on the bottom under my own breasts and had to go about my business. I was sore for weeks until everything healed up. I soon got real breast forms and love to wear them but will never forget the pain I was in for at least a week. What we do for love.
    Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly67 View Post
    You poor girl you , this is so close to home for me as I've had very similar tears on the skin . Mind you , I was using Hollisters adhesive alongside far too many strips of Transpore , great clevage , very authentic - until I found the Holisters had increased adhesion of the tape ,and after removing the forms without thinking I just pulled the tape away ....and tons of skin . One good piece of advice here ..... I now use tapes from The Breast Form clinic , no more Hollisters ( still with Transpore but I make sure I never sleep taped up ,) and I always remove the Transpore whilst very warm SLOWLY , and immediately on removal use baby oil to calm things down ( ONLY if the skin is not irritated NOR damaged ) BEFORE and after bathing - it also removes any residue of adhesive . I must point out this method works for me , if anyone wishes to try it , its up to you , I,ll be more than happy to advise . In short , I don't tape up for more than 2 days at a time .
    To injure yourself in this manner makes for uncomfortable questions when asked ( on a warm afternoon wearing no shirt ) "what are those marks?"
    There is however a remedy that'll speed up the healing process -a warm weak salt water solution. It stings like mad , but these type of tears are very like burns , and for that theres nothing better .Most antibiotic creams or solutions will only cause the tear / graze / burn to increase , think of butter placed on a burn - it just keeps on cooking . these wounds need to be dried , kept clear of oils as this can cause infection . Sea salt is best . I'm a very experienced advanced AED First Aid and swear by this old but brilliant solution . Watch out for deodorant too .
    I think in light of these horrible marks we all seem to experience , that there must be some sort of theatrical aid , be it a bra or some kind of support out there ........ the links above certainly have me reaching for my wallet .
    Its a crying shame that the creation of cleavage ( the icing on the cake almost ) gives us flat chested girls so much of a problem.......
    Thanks Shelly! I will try the salt water solution! It's healing slowly. Still painful and starting to itch! Luckily I live in the Northeast and won't have my shirt off in public for quite some time! I'm going out next weekend, and will definitely be trying an alternate plan for cleavage!

...hey, were you the anchor person for the company picnic tug of war? It looks like you tied the rope around your body and then your team lost...
    (just working on an excuse for you... ;-) )

I think the key to applying stuff to the skin is to evenly distribute the forces that pull on your skin. Go for a really wide tape (2 - 3 inches) and use rubber bands to pull the two sides together so that there is some give. When removing anything don't pull it off, use a solvent to disolve the adhesive. If you use something like duct tape the edges tend to pull on your skin, you can use some pinking sheers to make the edges of the tape in to a sawtooth pattern to reduce stress on the edges. Also, make sure the tape sticks really well (clean your skin well and dry it) because if some of the tape comes loose over time, the forces will end up on the remaining stuck areas and will tend to pull on your skin (think this is what you experienced).

I have tried gluing the forms on and that works good to create clevage while wearing a bra, but again, the edges of the forms tend to pull on your skin, so you have to make sure the entire area is well stuck and I haven't found anything that holds the edges well except some theatrical latex which does help distribute the stress at that point as well has hides the edges (not perfect, but it does help). Can be messy though.

I would be very cautious doing any of this over more than several hours.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Never mind the antibiotics etc, go for NuSkinor another plastic cover if there is rubbing on the open wound.
    Best however is a good cleaning with warm, slightly salted water and then leave it to get on with itself..
    By the way, it is the tape edges and the moving skin that produce the damage.
    ~Samm

Q Bra

Quote Originally Posted by StayceeCD View Post
    Hi girls! I just got back from the Beauty and the Beach event where I was dressed from 9am till about 2am for 3 days straight. It was a wonderful experience but being "taped up" that whole time for cleavage really took it's toll! (see pics) I'm using "Transpore" medical tape. When taking the tape off on Sat night, a few layers of skin came with it! OUCH! Here it is Thursday and I'm still in pain! So girls, if you're taping for more than one night, be careful!I think I'm going to give the "Q Bra" a try as I don't want to go through this again! Any girls use the "Q Bra" or have any other ways to achieve cleavage without taping? Thanks!
    Staycee
    I use a Q bra and had a nice perky pair peeking out of the top of my costume on Halloween.

Poor Baby!

The abrasions will heal if you keep them clean (a rather difficult place to bandage) and use neosporin or something like it.

But...the new skin will be sensitive for a long time and more likely to be injured again. Please be very careful!

I don't have a lot of "girl fat" (just below the skin) to work with and have played with tape, without any satisfactory results. Plus it hurts! BTW, I'm a long, long way from svelte and do have a lot of "guy fat" (internal belly fat).

Anyway I've had good results with the q-bra, nu-bra, me-and-you-bra (there seem to be several different brands of the same thing out there)- they pull the little fat I have up into some obvious mounds and stay in place if I quickly put on a tightish bra with my forms before they have a chance to slip off. They don't hurt, they don't leave marks, and if they slip during the evening it is easy to adjust them in the privacy of a ladies' room stall.

I find it difficult to connect the buckles when they are in place - especially with nails, but I have learned that I can start with them connected, plop one side on, and the pull things where I want them and roll the other side into place. As I said above, I need to put the real bra on quickly and get the forms into place. It's easier than it sounds.

The one downside is that the buckles seem to break or pull off, almost always when putting them on - I am probably making the poor things work too hard. (or it may be the way I put them on). I have repaired two of them by permanently lashing the buckle straps together with heavy thread (Thanks, Scoutmaster Roy!) and putting them on as above.

I rate them at least an 8; they are nice to look at, and fun to dance with. (does anybody remember American Bandstand?)

-jj