Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't QUIT it is HARDER then I Thought

Can't QUIT it is HARDER then I Thought

Well if any of you ladys know my story. I was trying to quit dressing. I even purged and burned all my stuff. Well then there is Ebay. I now have new breast forms , four nice dresses and a new wig on its way. I am going CRAZY. Why is this so hard to shake. I cannot not wait for my new stuff.I still need to get nylons and makeup but I will get that local. This makes life so complex with a kid and all. Well type to you ladys soon. By the way everyone on this forum has been looking FABULOUS!!!!!

You can't shake it because that is who you are. Just enjoy who you are!

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    I don't have any advice to offer, Stacy...but I can tell you I wouldn't be able to quit if I tried. I did try, in fact, but it just wasn't possible. It's too much a part of who I am, I now realize. So I embrace it, keep it hidden from my family, and enjoy Dianna as fully as I can.

-Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

You cannot hide from yourself, silly.

You will only be able to handle yourself when you finally accept yourself, all of yourself both sides.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Pollute the Air we breathe

Never Burn always donate if you must!

Next time send your s*** to me.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

Many purge & quit, some do it many times over, but one thing I know for sure is they'll always come back & usually with a need to make up for lost time..

It's sad, but true, so maybe it's best to learn to live with it..

Oh, PS, Welcome Back!!!

[SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

To paraphrase an old joke, Quitting crossdressing is the easiest thing in the world to do. Iv'e done it hundreds of times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

We are who we are, which is crossdressers, so stop trying to quit, it won't work, and stop purging, because it's way too expensive.

IM telling you, quitting is impossable imop. and purgeing is costly. if you feel a need to escape a purge hit the under the bed storage or a spot in the attic
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

[SIZE="3"]I second that purging is costly. I have purged, only to have to replace every thing. Next time the urge to purge hits you, just pack up all you fem stuff and put in hiding. [/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Hmm, well, I know two people personally who quit and never looked back. One about a year ago, the other five years ago. Actually I think I know of three but I've lost track of one so I can't say for sure that it stuck. I think it's silly to say it can't be done. We can do lots of things if we have to. Fortunately, most of us don't have to. Nevertheless, never say never, I always say. You never know what life's gonna throw at ya.
    Last edited by sherri; 11-12-2009 at 08:26 PM.

I tried so many times it's not even funny. I would get depressed and then i finaly realized that dressing is half of my personality so I quit trying to kill that half and just except it I wish you the best of luck and maybe you will learn to coexist with both sides
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

Quiting

I agree with everyone on this one. I've purged several times over the years. But I've finaly learned and accepted that "it" never goes away and that purging is just a wast of time and money (unless you want a new wardrob) .

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    Stacey,

Don't waste your time or money purging. It is you! From the few pics that you have posted (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=103454 ) you look great. You have great potential, and you're still quite young. Embrace your gift and enjoy it. You'll probably regret it as you get older if you do not. CDing is getting more and more acceptable, many more people are aware of us generically and basically say so what!

So enjoy your new gear and and let us see some more pics.

Hugs

Kay

i don't think one can ever really quit. I think it is always in you. What and how you portray yourself on the outside may simply be a suppression of who we are on the inside.

Been down that road before. I have learned to accept and embrace it. It refuses to go away. In the long run, I discovered that purging is just a waste of time and money.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I know that I'll probably get plastered for asking this question, but what the hey...
    Have you tried to keep your spare time occupied with doing other things like hobbies, exercising, house repairs or renovations?
    From my own experience, I find that the more I keep busy the less I crossdress. It's getting to the time of the year where I usually have no time to crossdress or even think of it.

Embrace and enjoy the real you. Crossdressing is at least somewhat a part of all of us. IMO, it is who we are, not what we are.

The clothing , etc. can be replaced although it can be expensive. What cannot be replaced or supplanted is our dual nature which will always surface regardless. Learning to manage that is a challenge and requires skill and daring. Definately not for the faint of heart but quite satisfying once it is accomplished.

I've quit too. Several times. I suppose that I could "quit" for real, if there was no alternative, but I know I'd be denying who I am.

Who among you remembers dressing for the first time as a really young child, and what you felt when you did it? I was about four and I remember something close to euphoria.

I don't think you can "purge" your feelings and lock em out. I think it comes back twice as hard and the fog settles in again. Besides "it is cheaper to keep her" than purge and buy all new stuff.

I have purged, I go in cycles from wanting (or needing) to dress often to long periods of not wanting to! I have learned to not purge because I have given outfits away that I dearly miss,just box it up and see what happens because the urge does come back for me! I also have kids though only one is still at home, My cross dressing is clearly part of me, my love of womens things is part of me, I do not let it get in the way of being a parent and husband ! But it is part of who I am what I like and part of how I enjoy life! If the other option is being miserable no thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    I know that I'll probably get plastered for asking this question, but what the hey...
    Have you tried to keep your spare time occupied with doing other things like hobbies, exercising, house repairs or renovations?
    From my own experience, I find that the more I keep busy the less I crossdress. It's getting to the time of the year where I usually have no time to crossdress or even think of it.
    While I don't purge anymore, or even tell myself that I am quitting or taking a break, I find that the busier I am the less I crossdress. Currently I have a new house, and a baby taking up alot of my time as well as my other hobby of medieval recreation. It's not that I don't want to CD... I just can't find the time!

But I don't "quit" anymore. It just doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri View Post
    I think it's silly to say it can't be done. We can do lots of things if we have to. Fortunately, most of us don't have to. Nevertheless, never say never, I always say. You never know what life's gonna throw at ya.
    I believe you are perfectly right, although obviously not within the flow...

Some people even can do "impossible" things provided that they have the right motivation at doing them.

In french language we have this saying : "impossible n'est pas français !".
    I am convinced that's not english either !

I gave up on quitting.