Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you just can't purge if you wanted to quit?

How many of you just can't purge if you wanted to quit?

I've reached that stage where a purge is UNBEARABLE because I spent like $20,000+ on clothes and I have so many unique, ultra -beautiful, and highly unreplaceable stuff! Like irreplaceable skirt suit styles, ultra hard to get awesome REAL cheerleader outfits, hard to get REAL schoolgirl clothes, and expensive lingerie!

My last ordeal to quit back in Feb 09 - I thought crossdressing was cursed by demons and I was having a full blown paranoid outbreak and it was so bad I thought all my clothes were demon possessed and I almost gave it all away! Over $20,000 of stuff! But I cried to God, "Can I keep these clothes to dress up a beautiful woman my size?" - So that's why I still have my clothes. My mom actually donated half my clothes collection away to a $5 church thrift but we got it all back 12 days later. Now, my big collection of clothes just satisfies my need for women's clothes so I feel I don't need to shop anymore. And if I do feel like quitting it's true... many of my size 4, 6, & 8 clothes can fit a beautiful woman my height like Britney Spears [who's 5' 4" size 6].

Purging

I've purged several times over the years. But I've finaly learned and accepted that the desire to crossdress never goes away and that purging is just a wast of time and money (unless you want a new wardrob)
    Heather J.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I can't bear to even think about purging again. I have purged twice in my life and both times cost me a fortune. At least we get to go shopping to replace what we purged.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Yeah, that's one reason why I don't purge... if I did the crossdressing desire comes back + the need for shopping... So keeping my current large stash of clothes keeps me from shopping because I have such a big treasure of clothes to keep me HAPPY!

I do mini-purges every month... Out with the old... Make room for the new.. Single handedly keeping the economy proped up....

$20,000!!! Damn... You need to get some help... Bet Niecy and Clean House would love to attack your place....
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-12-2009 at 10:40 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I purged once and cannot I believe I did it. I don't know the dollar value of everything I ditched, but I am still trying to work my way back, so to speak. Even my wife, who is very supportive, has said, "what were you thinking?" So, for me, never again!

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    many of my size 4, 6, & 8 clothes can fit a beautiful woman my height like Britney Spears [who's 5' 4" size 6].
    Oh I wish, but size 4 or 6 is only in my dreams, I'm 5'-8" sz 12 now, and plan on dropping to an sz 8 by next year..but I doubt I will see a 6 or 4 for a very, very long time..

Jeez, 20K worth of clothes! Dang,What were you thinking,,, That could of paid for my SRS!!!!.

No one should ever purge though, unless they need to make some room for new stuff..
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

I've never purged but our house was broken into last year and they stole all my jewelry (as well as my wife's, our tv's, computers, etc). I'm still replacing it, can't imagine replacing all the clothes and SHOES!

Strictly Rotation

I will never purge. I just rotate my stock. I recycle stuff that is too far out of style or doesn't fit right to make room for new stuff. As for shoes, I pretty much wear them out and end up pitching them!

Demons you say? Can't stand those idiots myself as they can't get a real job. They give me a wide berth in any case. Just keep your stuff on ice. I just came back from a full year of being away from dressing and self discovery. Nice to know I can enjoy being myself as a guy if nothing else. The point is to me any more they are just clothes one way or the other and how I choose to express myself in presentation is just that--a choice. Until it becomes a choice rather than a compulsion, throwing the stuff away or purging is an exercise in futility.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Rhodes View Post
    I just came back from a full year of being away from dressing and self discovery ... Until it becomes a choice rather than a compulsion, throwing the stuff away or purging is an exercise in futility.
    That is a very astute observation, the part about choice vs compulsion. You put your finger right on it.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I've purged three times in my life. It's been one of my biggerst regrets. Had I to do it over again, I would've rented a storage bin. Once I understood that the desire to crossdress was not only a mental, but a physical, part of me, I've fully accepted the FACT that I'm a crossdresser and, since then, have come to terms with it. Let me tell you, life is a heck of a lot more enjoyable when you don't have to fight a battle you can't win.

it's even worse in the closet

You'd think having only a few articles of clothing stashed away would be an easy purge - but being in the closet, I've learned the hard way it takes forever to reaccumulate any sort of wardrobe. I have to plan out buying things clandestinely. Generally, I only shop at Christmas because this gives me the best cover - little scrutiny of the CC bills. Tip: The bras and panties at Landsend are awesome and it's a great place for me to buy a few things for my wife and family. So it takes over a year to regain anything.

I purged maybe a half dozen times and when the inevitable urge returned, I found myself rummaging through the wifes stuff - trying not to stretch it out or ruin it or worrying that she'd notice etc. (I hate doing that, it's really not fair to her). Luckily, though we're the same size in many proportions. So no more purges. If the urge subsides, I just forget about the stash because like the seasons, it always returns.

Lauren

I purged several times over the years but only because I was living at home and my Mom and my Sister were due to be going through my things. NOT because I regret being a CD. Looking back,maybe it wasn't necesary for me to purge. I threw away some clothing items that could go for a lot of money on ebay.

I purged 1 time about 3 year's ago,after my ex left "unrelated to my cding" I had a whole room for my clothes,shoe's,had a vanity/makeup station. get a call from my mother that lived out of state. She,her husband,my younger brother,my younger sister and her 2 kids wanted to move not only up to where i live but right across the steet and 5 doors down I had to pitch everything to keep them from finding out i was still cding "last time they freaked out" now im rebuilding and it is tough. If they disapprove catching me again im gonna tell them to look the other way. I know that sound's cold,but why should i have to go into deep conflict with my own self whom i am comfertable with so that they can see me as normal.
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

One thing I've learned on this site, is that just about all of us have purged at one time or another, and we all go right back. So my suggestion is don't put youself through that pain. Whenever I feel like purging, I just put all my nice female clothing away for a while, and eventually I get the urge and dress again, and then I'm so happy I didn't get rid of them.

IF I purged I would be almost naked with two pairs of jeans and four t-shirts... no socks or underwear.
    I was told that I was "Way out there In left field", but I don't even know where that is.

Jess

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    I am still sitting on a box of stuff I haven't used since July of last year. If I make it to New Years, I am going to throw it out. I don't want to dress anymore and the clothes are an anchor dragging me under.

I don't know why I am still holding onto this stuff. The sooner it is out of my life, the better.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

At the times when I did think I wanted to stop dressing, I never purged. I always thought that if I could keep all the clothes around, but still not dress, then I'd know I was done with it. If I purged and stopped dressing, I didn't really stop, I just wasn't dressing because I had no clothes.

Unless I can find a way to quit being me, there is no point in purging my clothes. If someone likes playing football, but throws his ball away, it doesnt mean that he throws his personality away with it.

I have only ever got rid of my clothes once, when I moved country and it was inpractical to take them. Never again though!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

I started to purge once many years ago. Got as far as putting a bra in the bag before I started to shake so bad and then I came to my senses.
    Worst 2 minutes of my life !
    ( still have the bra )

I'm another one of those girls that if I purged, I'd have one pair of good jeans, 2 decent t-shirts, a shirt, a jacket, a pair of sneakers and no boy underwear.

I just wish that Kate wouldn't "brag" about her "nice" clothes. It rubs me the wrong way. It doesn't make me jealous, it just shows her lack of modesty.

I have been there done that and continue to do it from time to time. At my age I should have learned better by now. I so enjoy buying new things however.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley in Virginia View Post
    I am still sitting on a box of stuff I haven't used since July of last year. If I make it to New Years, I am going to throw it out. I don't want to dress anymore and the clothes are an anchor dragging me under.

I don't know why I am still holding onto this stuff. The sooner it is out of my life, the better.
    Similar to my story. It was as though having the treasures just sitting in storage diminished the need to go out shopping constantly and dress afterwards. Plus a different lifestyle has caused it to stop for a while.

But all this is out the window as yesterday the urge hit and on they went again. Have to say some of it was out of curiousity than solely uncontrollable compulsion as well. Many on this site go the full nine yards (wigs, makeup, shaving etc) but I am not like this at all. Now the experience has been merely reduced to the occasional XD at home and yesterday has been after a very long time. I used to be more out and on display but don't feel the need to do this anymore.

I do wonder as a "minimal crossdresser" it will be easier to quit. I know 99% here will say impossible, but I'm in a completely different place to previous purges. Call it unintentionally weening yourself off as opposed to cold turkey, which I have found easier to handle now than in the past, and I'm hoping is a good sign.

I have no problem with crossdressers embracing the lifestyle either, so no flamers please. But I do take issue with generalisations. I have merely moved on to different priorities and circumstances. I really don't think its impossible to move on for everyone. We all have different stories.

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post

I've reached that stage where a purge is UNBEARABLE because I spent like $20,000+ on clothes and I have so many unique, ultra -beautiful, and highly unreplaceable stuff! Like irreplaceable skirt suit styles, ultra hard to get awesome REAL cheerleader outfits, hard to get REAL schoolgirl clothes, and expensive lingerie!

My last ordeal to quit back in Feb 09 - I thought crossdressing was cursed by demons and I was having a full blown paranoid outbreak and it was so bad I thought all my clothes were demon possessed and I almost gave it all away! Over $20,000 of stuff! But I cried to God, "Can I keep these clothes to dress up a beautiful woman my size?" - So that's why I still have my clothes. My mom actually donated half my clothes collection away to a $5 church thrift but we got it all back 12 days later. Now, my big collection of clothes just satisfies my need for women's clothes so I feel I don't need to shop anymore. And if I do feel like quitting it's true... many of my size 4, 6, & 8 clothes can fit a beautiful woman my height like Britney Spears [who's 5' 4" size 6].
    Are you insane? Purge it all before the Devil gets you!!