Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is crossdressing a curse or blessing?

lisa-marie

is crossdressing a curse or blessing?

I started crossdressing when was about 11 and that for some reason seems to be about average
    But why did I start? I really don't know
    Was I born with a high female whatever ?
    I know I was never interested in football/rugby etc but dated girls etc
    Now 40 years on am still a x dresser but still do not know why

Hi Lisa - I can only say that CDing is a blessing to me and it is certainly not a curse, possibly because my SO is approving of it. I don't try and work out why my body wants to put on female clothes, makeup and high heels - all I know is how good it makes me feel when I do !!!! Lyndi
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE] LYNDI

That is a question that only you can answer my friend.

For me it was both. A curse because I'm divorced twice with cd'ing a large part of the divorce. A blessing because it gives a new me and I can understand women alot better. I'm not saying I understand them (no one does) but more than my male self could have.

As Denise has said , it is only a question that you can answer, but(always that but) i am sure that it can be both at different times in your life .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Since I love to crossdress so much, and it feels so wonderful, I can't consider it a curse. It has been such a fun part of my life, that I can't imagine not doing it. Life may be simpler without it, but not nearly as enjoyable.

A first it was a curse because I had to learn to deal with it and accept myself. Now it is a blessing that I look forward to all the time.

I enjoy it so much it has to be a blessing.

As Sherr and Alice observed, at first it was a curse because of the shame and guilt. My first marriage of over 20 years ended partly because of my longterm secrecy and then the inappropriate manner in which I disclosed disclosed my TG nature. Many years later, I can truly say that my CDing is a blessing now: largely because of my very accepting second wife and because of the freedom and peace that comes from being my whole self. Follow your path as it unfolds and be gentle with yourself.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Your're ABSOLUTELY rite, LisaM!

IT IS!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'll go with it being both for me. At first it felt like a curse...I really didn't understand it and thought something must be wrong with me. As I've gotten older it's become very much a blessing. Without it I don't think that I could deal with a lot of the stresses of my everyday life as well as I do.

CDing is a blessings

Quote Originally Posted by lisa-marie View Post
    I started crossdressing when was about 11 and that for some reason seems to be about average
    But why did I start? I really don't know
    Was I born with a high female whatever ?
    I know I was never interested in football/rugby etc but dated girls etc
    Now 40 years on am still a x dresser but still do not know why
    Yes It' god's gift that we can enjoy both gender pleasure in one birth.
    While feminine urge/ x cromosons.hormones increases in place of y a guy feel feminity urge from within the mind,body & saul so amale thinks himself more as female rather then a male inside the body which encourages to crossdress from male to female,I can't controll while my feminity urge/hormons increses within my body.It rests after cding only. No doctor,pscytriatist can cure.
    love,huggs,kisses
    so enjoy cding in full swing rather then to think or shy.You are normal but with difference
    vjaducd from India

For me, a curse. I was never good at meeting women, and this just makes it much harder, as there are so few women who are into it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa-marie
    is crossdressing a curse or blessing?
    [SIZE="2"]Oh, it’s a blessing, but only a crossdresser would know why – this is unexplainable magic, and the feelings you get defy description, so just enjoy your precious “gift.” I don’t think something as pleasurable as this can be called a “curse,” but others want you to feel that way about it. Let your heart guide you to the promised land of feminine sensibilities – I’ll be there to meet you…[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by vjaducd
    love,huggs,kisses
    so enjoy cding in full swing rather then to think or shy.You are normal but with difference
    [SIZE="2"]Vjadu has the right idea – it’s OK, it’s always been OK, and it’s always going to be OK to crossdress, so enjoy it “in full swing” (I like the sound of that!). Love, hugs and kisses are the gentle rewards we desire (and reap) in our feminine attire – gather as many as you can, and feel loved.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndi View Post
    Hi Lisa - I can only say that CDing is a blessing to me and it is certainly not a curse, possibly because my SO is approving of it. I don't try and work out why my body wants to put on female clothes, makeup and high heels - all I know is how good it makes me feel when I do !!!! Lyndi

I fully agree with Lyndi.
    It's a blessing for me to be able to express the femininity in me. I too have a very supportive spouse which has taken away the guilt and fear I had early on.

It's not so much about the clothes for me. They allow the world to see the me I need to bring out. For me the expression not repression is key.

Maybe it is something genetic...who knows. I used to dwell on it forever, now it doesn't matter. All I know is this is me and I must be who I am.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by vjaducd View Post
    Yes It' god's gift that we can enjoy both gender pleasure in one birth.
    I disagree. It's definitely NOT God's gift.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    It used to be (about 15 years ago) neither a curse or a blessing. It was just something I did once in a while in the privacy of my own bedroom, dressing up, taking pictures etc, and in my own mind, I didn't consider it anything other than a bit of a weird and private hobby.

Then it became a curse because I started to do it more and more and I was going to "changaway places", having full makeovers etc, the whole works. I was spending way too much money on clothes and makeovers and I started getting guilt feelings about how this is getting out of control and not "normal behaviour" for a guy.

Just about the time I was all ready to go and get some professional help from a councilor because I wanted to quit and get "cured", I met my wife on a crossdressing forum and we became great friends. The CDing then became a integral part of our (then) platonic relationship. She persuaded me not to go to a councilor at all but to embrace this harmless side of my personality and learn to accept that it's ok for a guy to want to dress and feel pretty. She offered me advice and she, in effect, became my councilor instead.

Fast forward to today and we are happily married and are about to celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary, Crossdressing, for both of us, is a blessing. It's what brought us together and is also something personal and intimate that we share. I appreciate my story is not a common one but for me (in the end) crossdressing was, and still is, definitely a blessing.
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 11-14-2009 at 10:53 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

The answer to that question is a personal one. The answer can be found but takes a great deal of time. You see many on here saying that it is a blessing, but it doesn't make sense since none of them can explain exactly why. Most of the ones who are comfortable with crossdressing see it as a blessing. The ones who question mostly have unaccepting wives and / or are torn inside about crossdressing. The guilt, the unacceptance of society, the loss of a job, love one exerts a great deal of pressure on you to see crossdressing as a curse.

I started out the same way. A year ago I questioned whether or not is was a curse or blessing when I posted a similar thread. The answers were pretty short and to the point. Yes it is a blessing or no it is a curse. Very little in the way of explaining how you answer this question. So now that I have found a partial answer, I will share it with the group.

Last year as I started my quest for the answer, I was very depressed because of my business struggling for 3 years. I had let fear of failure and many others things dictate my actions. In January 2008 I finally told my wife hoping to find a friend only to find someone turn on me. By June we were separated. I found another crossdresser who was very understanding of my situation and took me under her wing. That started the journey which changed my life. I had the fear of losing everything I had and in so doing was losing everything I had. When you hold onto life too close, you fail to experience life. So I started dressing almost everyday for about a year. During that time period I went out in public for the first time. I almost had a heart attack during that first trip out in the real world. I survived that experience and continued to go out. Shopping, movies, dinner and anything else that I wanted to do. In fact during that year, I went grocery shopping every time as Michelle. I began to accept who I was. I became so accepting of myself that now I have no problem telling friends. I have found several accepting women who would go places with me as Michelle during that year. To date I have told 7 women and had 2 go places with me as Michelle. 4 more talk with me at great lengths about my crossdressing. Some were open to it while others were not. That leaves my wife who is still very unaccepting. That is why I tell people to tell your SO before you get married.

The other thing which was instrumental is my getting through this a TS who shared her life with me. I was able to ask her anything that I wanted and she gladly answered. That was the part of the journey as I met more and more crossdressers that I began to figure out where on the spectrum I fit. I wasn't quit a TS but I was more than just a crossdresser. I'm in that middle ground.

So after this part of my journey, I can say that crossdressing is a blessing for those in accepting relationships and / or capable of accepting themselves. I think the key to someone else accepting you is YOU! If you don't accept yourself, then why should anyone else accept you? I thankfully ended in the accepting of myself catagory. I think that is why I can tell people and find some to accept me, because I accept myself. The biggest benefit of the journey was that I got over my fears. See if you can go out in the world dressed as a woman, then what is there to fear? You have survived the scariest moment of all. As a result of my fears melting away, I was able to recover my business in the worst economy in decades. This month I may even have turned my business around to be the most profitable EVER!!!

In conclusion, I think the only way that crossdressing becomes a curse is when the fear and guilt controls your life to such a degree that you hide from loved ones and YOU! I hope that you will take some of my experience and insight to prevent the pain that comes from hiding yourself. Open yourself up to others. Yes you will be hurt, but in the end you will be happier when you can share all of yourself with someone else. Hopefully then you can experience the blessing of crossdressing. It is the secret which binds!
    Last edited by AKAMichelle; 11-14-2009 at 12:17 PM.
    Michelle

I love to dress gurly!!!!
    I find this question to be rhetorical.
    It is both.
    I may start as a curse and eventually turn into a blessing or vica a versa.
    Either way, the answer is in how you accept this part of you.
    If it is as a curse, then pain, heartache, stress, lonliness, fear, etc. will cloud your life.
    A blessing brings peace, contentment, relaxation...
    I know this is a simple explanation and not ever person has the same circumstances.
    However, I believe that live is meant to be lived and living it under the clouds of a curse is living death.
    I suppose my generic answer is K.I.S.S.
    Sabrina

Aspiring Member

65 Nova

Well here's my take, to me Cross-dressing is like a 65 Nova SS I once owned....Sometimes I thought it was the best thing I'd ever experienced.....And other times I hated it with a white-hot passion!!!!....But with both, I gotta say it was quite a ride!!!

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    Being your authentic self can never be a curse, it is by any measure a blessing.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

lisa-marie
    Some very interesting responses for which I thank you Yes/no would have been easy but you all obviously thought about it and took time to respond in depth Thank you all xx

It has been both ,but for the last twenty years it has been a blessing .
    I guess it all depends on what we do with it and how it affects our life .

Both, as much as I like it it leaves me withdrawn into myself, wanting to dress openly. While the reality is because I'm so remember able because of my size hard to find cloths that I feel I can wear out, and being sexy at the same time. It has cost me over the years but can't or won't stop. I wish I could just let me come out to everyone around me without the fear of reprisal.

think of it this way. if you wore born and raised the same way Mowgli was out at the jungle without any exposure to society as we know it. would you consider it a curse if you thought you were happier in females garments and long hair?
    the answer would probably be no because there is no influence one way or anther from society that has a big problem accepting people's differences especially when it comes to gander. thus this is the reason you may think its a curse, because thats the way society attempted to brainwash us that being happier in your feminine state if you are a guy is wrong or unethical because you are what you are born, but society still doesn't understand thats what between your legs may not be the same as whats between your ears. and this is why we are so paranoid to be outed.
    Last edited by girlalex; 11-14-2009 at 03:29 PM.