Thread: Should I?

Question Should I?

I'm thinking of going out for a bit this weekend, well not all out... hmmm maybe under dress.
    i want to explore but am afraid.
    i want to go to a bar, but should i where should i go? gay, straight, lesbian?

happy, excited and scared (terrified)

advise?

Inge
    Last edited by IngeInCO; 11-13-2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: I'm not going out all femme. Can I do it descreetly yet femme?

Of course you should go out, shopping maybe to a bar, just maybe not alone.
    Someone here might know your area, and be able to advise. Enjoy, Good
    luck, BE SAFE.

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    If underdressing, go anywhere you like. I regularly wear tights, panties, even a bra or camisole under my clothes, and as long as I'm not wearing pants that fall down or a wide-collared t-shirt, nobody could see.

As long as you don't do anything silly like lift up your shirt and reveal your leopard-print bra, who's going to know?
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

are you planning to stay local or are you making an adventure out of your weekend and going some place new? nothing better than finding a new place!

Definitly go out. Maybe just a drive, if you feel like it buy some gas.
    but definitly try it!

was thinking to stay near

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    For sure, go out. I suggest a gay bar for a number of reasons. ONE: you'll be a lot safer there than at any other kind of bar, well, safe at a lesbian bar too. The people will understand you, for the most part, and therefore accept you. Just be aware of your surroundings and have a darn good time.

Quote Originally Posted by CherylFlint View Post
    For sure, go out. I suggest a gay bar for a number of reasons. ONE: you'll be a lot safer there than at any other kind of bar, well, safe at a lesbian bar too. The people will understand you, for the most part, and therefore accept you. Just be aware of your surroundings and have a darn good time.
    Great advise!
    cheers
    Last edited by IngeInCO; 11-13-2009 at 10:54 PM.

Oops
    Technical Difficulty

It's cold here so, can under dress
    or not

hmmm

You look beautiful, so as the Nike commercial says, "Just do it!"
    Marie

If you underdress and go out, no one will know unless you get really drunk and do table dances. Go out and have a great time.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

Start with a leisurely walk in the park (daylight only), treat yourself to a confortable and intertaining dinner show and then top it off with some lively music in a local hangout. Oh, make that a lesbion bar, the girls are far more tolerant of us ladies.

Hugs,
    Alice

Make sure you take that smile with you!

That will get you further than anything else. I would go to a gay or lesbian bar and preferably in a safe area. Also, dont let your drink out of your sight in a bar. Take it with you where you go unless you are at the bar and you ask the bartender to watch it. Part of playing it safe these days as a smart girl. Have fun! Yay for U.
    Happiness is a choice.

Go to the mall! Lots of great sales this morning... Buy a new dress... And wear what you want... No one cares... Except womens jeans!! Those are against the rules.. Lol. Life is good.
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-14-2009 at 08:42 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Out and about

My first "adventure" was just to go get gas as Kimberly,lol. That was only a few week ago, now there's no stopping me, lol.
    May everyone you love-love you
    Kimberly Ann
    www.flickr.com/photos/kimmie487

Quote Originally Posted by CDNew View Post
    I'm thinking of going out for a bit this weekend, well not all out... hmmm maybe under dress.
    i want to explore but am afraid.
    i want to go to a bar, but should i where should i go? gay, straight, lesbian?

happy, excited and scared (terrified)

advise?

Inge
    Do what you are comforatable with. I started going to walmart late at night and buying clothes. Expand your wardrobe and get experiance. win, win. I have heard that lesbian bars are welcoming, but I'm sure you would be good with a gay bar. Like anywhere the straight bar would be a toss up. Most likely you would be treated with respect.

question for you. Why is underdressing risky?
    I was told that I was "Way out there In left field", but I don't even know where that is.

Jess

If you're just underdressing, I can't see that it matters where you go cuz no one's gonna know. Why on earth would you be afraid? If you want to take it to the next level and put on a skirt and heels, then it's best to stick with TG-friendly places, which means gay/lesbian bars. Take it from someone who's done it a gazillion times -- there's nothing to be afraid of.

Silver Member
    I don't understand this gay and lesbian bar idea.

Are you a lesbian? From your post, probably not. Then why a lesbian bar?

Are you gay? Well, certainly you could be. Then a gay bar would be the place, but I should think you would know this already.

That kinda leaves a straight bar by default. There, you'd better find another person to go with. Women don't generally go to bars alone unless they want sex or money.

Lovies,
    Stephenie

You should! If you don't, down the road, you'll wish you had.

No matter what you do be careful...there is alot of pollyanna go for it comments, but there is a real world out there..

is that your real pic? just asking because if it is you will have a very good time of it if you dress approprtiately...

if not, then how you look will have a very big impact on you...in that case, go slow and see what your comfort level is..

going out for the first couple times can determine alot about how you will feel about yourself.

Gay and Lesbian folks are MUCH more supportive than straight folks in a bar environment...going to a straight bar as a non passible dresser is a recipe for you getting your feelings destroyed at best and at worst could cause you real problems...it would be crazy to go to a straight bar your first time out.

do you care if you are "read", or gawked at? if you do care,then please go slow and figure where you're comfortable...if you really dont care then you are gonna do great!! and just do it!!

this isnt about the fact that you have every right to go where you want...you definitely do

this is about feeling good about yourself.. and if you have a positive experience that you can build on, then you will likely continue to go out and enjoy your time as Inge

make sure you know what you want before you go out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie S View Post
    I don't understand this gay and lesbian bar idea.

Are you a lesbian? From your post, probably not. Then why a lesbian bar?

Are you gay? Well, certainly you could be. Then a gay bar would be the place, but I should think you would know this already.

That kinda leaves a straight bar by default. There, you'd better find another person to go with. Women don't generally go to bars alone unless they want sex or money.

Lovies,
    Stephenie
    That only matters if she goes to those places with the sole intent of picking someone up. Gay/lebian bars are more likely to accept a trans person. Homosexuals have to deal with many of the same bigotries as trans people do. A bar is not about sex it's about haveing fun and socializing. If you find someone to connect to physically then it's a bonus.
    I was told that I was "Way out there In left field", but I don't even know where that is.

Jess

Yes,if your going to under dress dont worry to much. I freaked my first time under dressed till i looked in the mirror and relized,no one is going to notice much. full fem i have yet to other then halloween,but with the ladie's encourgement im planning a trip out with my wife "most likely a drive the first time" I would from a drab expirence avoid a normal bar as there is allways someone looking for trouble and i have a nasty temper when pushed.

from the cheer's in your post im gonna assume your across the pond from me im in the us. a lesbian/gay bar is often refered to here for outing's. i have never gone to one drab or dressed but i have known many gays and lesbians in my days and they seem really freindly but as im sure some will agree DO YOUR HOMEWORK! call the place first to see what type of reaction you get from the bartender asking if cd's are welcome there,then if it is a yes drive by and see what type of dress style people are going in be it club wear "leather latex sort of thing "there out there" casual or dressy so it is easyier to blend into the crowd. I hope you do go and have a great time,if at all possable take a freind with you,strengh in number's is what i belive
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

first thing, give yourself permission to be happy. Follow your heart, it will never lie to you. You don't want to find yourself sitting there tomorrow thinking " gee, I should have........" You've hid in fear long enough right? Why be unhappy anymore? The fear will go, and the happiness will never be forgotten. Carol.