Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Rubber Band Days

The idea, Rebecca, is to wear a rubber band on your wrist on Fridays. If you see someone with a rubber band, you may recognize that that person is a crossdresser. You don't have to do anything, although if there is an opportunity you might start a conversation with that individual or that person might start a conversation with you. [U]But it's not about making a big deal or outing anyone to the world--just a way of possibly meeting, possibly discovering another crossdresser through subtle self-identification.[U] As some of the girls here have noted, it's a long shot. You may wear a rubber band on your wrist and never see another one all day. Or you may see someone else with a rubber band on her wrist and the rubber band will have nothing to do with crossdressing.
    But maybe, just maybe, it will be one of us girls and MAYBE you'll find a girlfriend.
    Or maybe you'll just limit the blood flow to your left hand--LOL!
    Some girls have found fancy rubber bands to wear; some wear just a plain, old light brown version.
    It's totally optional, and not everyone participates or likes the idea.
    So suit yourself.
    I've been wearing a rubber band every Friday for the last month or so, and I just think that it's a fun idea (but I've seen only one other person with a rubber banded wrist and I didn't have a way to make contact with that individual, so I don't know if she was another CD or not).
    That's what I know about it.
    Have fun.
    warmly, Linnea

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I forgot but could be wearing a ruber band suit today and no one would notice.... Under all these layers.... Its sub zero out... Maybe I need to get a pink winter jacket...
    That's the problem with doing this in wintertime...There could have been dozens of rubber band wrists at the mall last Friday, but everyone (including me) had long sleeves on. What do we need...a sign? "I am a crossdresser...live with it!"

-Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

Have any of you girls actually seen another rubber band on a wrist during the past month or so? Are we all so scarce and dispersed that the odd of running into one another are infintessimal? I've got my rubber band on and maybe it will remind me to look for others. Happy hunting girls.

I have mine on and will be doing some shopping later today,

Question

who invented rubberband day? is it worldwide?

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DiannaRose View Post
    That's the problem with doing this in wintertime...There could have been dozens of rubber band wrists at the mall last Friday, but everyone (including me) had long sleeves on. What do we need...a sign? "I am a crossdresser...live with it!"

I moved mine to my neck to make sure everyone noticed.,

Christian Crossdresser DiannaRose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Siemen View Post
    Have any of you girls actually seen another rubber band on a wrist during the past month or so? Are we all so scarce and dispersed that the odd of running into one another are infintessimal? I've got my rubber band on and maybe it will remind me to look for others. Happy hunting girls.
    Either we're rarer than we thought, or people just don't know about rubberband days. I'm sure there are more CDers in my non-so-little southern NH town, but to the best of my knowledge I'm the only resident on-line here. So maybe the rest just haven't gotten the word.

Out at lunch today, I did see a big guy with something that looked like a ladies' wrist watch on his right wrist, but I suspect it may have been a medical ID bracelet. At the next table over was a guy who should have been wearing a rubberband. He definitely had some sort of sparkly gold ring on, and if that was his watch and not a bracelet I'd have been surprised.
    -Dianna
    You can take the girl out of the dress, but you'll never take the dress out of the girl!

Confessions of a Christian Crossdresser - http://DiannaFaithRose.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I forgot but could be wearing a ruber band suit today and no one would notice.... Under all these layers.... Its sub zero out... Maybe I need to get a pink winter jacket...
    Maybe we should switch it to bungee cords to fit over our winter jackets?

My husband (who so far hasn't posted to this forum) has his rubber band on today. We're going to the mall a little later. But in our town of about 45,000 I don't know what the odds are that someone else has seen this forum and is wearing a rubber band.
    Might be fun, though!

Happy RBD!

I have mine on!

I just got back from working out at the gym while wearing my pink one. That's a good place to not be bundled up in long sleeves and coats.

No questions yet, but you never know...

.R.

I have mine on everyday, and I am shocked Karren that you do't have a pink parka with white fluff around the hood? QAs stylish as you are? Come on girl it's time to shop. LOL

Teri

I work mine out shopping today and even took off my hoodie once I got in the store. Had a top that the sleeves were somewhere between 3/4 and short. I don't think anyone noticed, damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by lapper View Post
    who invented rubberband day? is it worldwide?
    I don't know who invented it, and I doubt that it extends for any distance that could be considered world-wide. I just thought that it was a fun idea, and even though the odds and the weather, at least the wintry weather, are against us, I enjoy giving it a try. It does not take much effort, so in that respect it's an easy thing to do.
    I didn't see anyone else with a rubber band on today, but another person asked me about it and when I said, "This is just a reminder of something that I like to do," he said, "That's a good idea: I think that I should do that too."
    I think that that's a maybe. We are co-workers but in different departments and when we met there wasn't much time to start a discussion. But next Friday, I'm going to make a point of crossing his path and checking his wrist.
    Last edited by linnea; 12-11-2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: grammar error
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by rachelgirlnw View Post
    I have mine on!

I just got back from working out at the gym while wearing my pink one. That's a good place to not be bundled up in long sleeves and coats.

No questions yet, but you never know...

.R.
    Yes, you never know. I say, "Keep the faith."
    warmly, Linnea

I've had mine on from the first friday.

1st I've heard of it too.
    I'm pretty isolated at work so I'll be wearing mine through the weekends.
    Good idea.
    Sometimes I see fellas with some really nice eyebrows and we look at each other and smile.
    Almost feels like a psychic connection.

i wore mine

I wore mine all day at work and even when I went out to eat. Don't know if anyone noticed but I will keep doing it. Thanks for a great idea!

Jess

i wore a yellow band over my black jacket on the cuff all day while in several shops but had no one notice that Im aware of. I will keep trying. It is a small town however so the odds are low to run into someone.

I wore a combination purple & aqua today, and went and bought a purple satin evening dress at The Limited. But my day was so time limited that I coudn't venture to socially condusive places, plus it was cold.

I wear the panties here! courtney briana's Avatar
    wore mine all day

Another rubber band day!

Tomorrow is Friday, and I'm urging everyone to wear a rubber band or several rubberbands--colorful ones if you like--on your left wrist (or both wrists). And watch for others who might be doing the same thing.
    Many girls have responded that they will be doing it; many have responded that they think that it's a long shot. It probably is a long shot that you will spot someone else wearing a rubberband, but I hope that you'll try it anyway. It costs almost nothing, and it doesn't do any harm that I know of (unless your rubber band is too tight or you put it around your neck or some other precarious area).
    I'll be looking for you!
    warmly, Linnea

My rubber band is hanging in my locker at work waiting for me to put on in the morning!!!

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    I guess I lost this thread. Was there ever any determination as to color, frequency of wearing, day of the week, which wrist? Love to see it work so I'll support whatever is decided.
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

I am sporting my "plain jane' but no sightings yet. Think my SO is sporting hers also.

Jess