Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubber Band Days

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Rubber Band colors

I found a wide rubber band and a set of colored permanent markers and made a special band for last Friday. It's not a great job and I know I could do better if I took some time, but it was easy to do and would be very easy to identify.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Lavender is a good color as well we should organize a rubber band night for new years eve everyone will most likely be moving amoung the crowd that night. and whats wrong with pink for breast cancer awareness? help a good cause and show your a cd,just double up the bands lol
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

TGIF! greeting

When you encounter another person with a rubber band on their wrist this Friday, you say "TGIF" with a warm smile and a wink. If you're lucky, they'll say "this one too!". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lisalotte View Post
    But by the way. Lavender is the color for Transvestites and CD's, not pink
    So that's why I've been searching for a lavender top for the last two weeks!

I think this is a great idea. I'm in, every Friday though we need it to become a lot more wide spread. We need to do our part and spread the word on other CD forums and even on places like myspace.

I will have my "gum band" on this and every friday. Hope I can find a purple one to wear if not I got markers

count me in!!
    <3 Jenny

Wow! I'm excited that there is so much interest and enthusiasm. I'll start wearing a rubber band on my left wrist this Friday and every Friday from then on. And I'll look for lavender or pink rubber bands, but I think that any rubber band will do--a girl's got to do the best she can. For those who prefer to do it on select Fridays, no problem--take your pick. And for all of us, pass the word.
    How fun!
    warmly, Linnea

Staples (in the US) sells a box of all colors. The brand is Alliance® Brites! For whatever reason, the hot pink one in the box is the widest one ( 5mm or ¼ inches wide)....Coincidence or not?

Alright, see everyone on Friday!

One quick question...can you Bedazzle a rubber band?
    - Aeval

[SIZE="1"]~ My weakness makes me strong ~[/SIZE]

every Friday I'm in

Aeval that's a great question who has one,if not maybe super glue. I KNOW duct tape,handy mans secret wepon for adding anything to anything
    Your life is a series of moment's,for each one passed is another one lost.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLynn View Post
    Lavender is a good color as well we should organize a rubber band night for new years eve everyone will most likely be moving amoung the crowd that night. and whats wrong with pink for breast cancer awareness? help a good cause and show your a cd,just double up the bands lol
    Don't get me wrong, I think breast cancer is a very worthy cause to support.
    All I'm saying is, if you wear pink on it's own, that's the message you're sending.
    By all means wer pink if ya want to, but also add a purple/lavender if you want to send our message as well

count me in i like the idea of picking out a color then we would know who who

I'll wear one, but no one will see it under my suit jacket and dress shirt.

I just need to find a rubberband. LOL

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

I don't have to...

I've got an LGBT sticker right on my cube at work. My name is in the "Out and About" database at work. If anybody wants to talk about it, they just have to talk to me...

I think I'm allergic to rubber anyways. LOL

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Sure, I'll try it.

Okay girls, the question I have is - now that you've got your rubber band, where do you plan to go to see-and-be-seen?

I don't think I'm going to wear it at work. My I.T. guy seems a little too flirty lately, so I think he knows something. Also, in this job market, I don't know that I want to be 'out' to my colleagues. Unfortunately, it could be a risk.

I'm thinking some shopping at the mall, maybe hit the bookstore or the coffee shop...

What about you???

OK!!!! I have my pinkish/redish rubberband on and I'm going out the door, ready for work. I will meet lots of people today and I hope I see others of you with a rubberband on. Splash!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rachelgirlnw View Post
    Okay girls, the question I have is - now that you've got your rubber band, where do you plan to go to see-and-be-seen?

I don't think I'm going to wear it at work. My I.T. guy seems a little too flirty lately, so I think he knows something. Also, in this job market, I don't know that I want to be 'out' to my colleagues. Unfortunately, it could be a risk.

I'm thinking some shopping at the mall, maybe hit the bookstore or the coffee shop...

What about you???
    I'm going to go to a mall tonight and find a bookstore and a couple of other shops to browse in.
    warmly, Linnea

I am thinking of getting one custome made with these colors:

http://www.cafepress.com/+transgende...agnet,73991142
    Merry

HRT since 2009

I just ordered a custom made, Lance armstrong style silicone bracelet from https://24hourwristbands.com/ It's glow in the dark purple, with "TGIF" debossed on the front and "DRESSED FOR SUCCESS" debossed on the back. I was going to go for lavender, a stock color, until I saw the glow in the dark option. I think for an extra fee, you could have it made up in the colors that Stormgirl linked to. The whole thing cost me $8.29. $3.59 of that was shipping and I opted for finishing in the USA instead of China, so that was an additional $.15. Free production is a 5 day lead time and with the 6 day shipping, I should have it in about two weeks. I will post a picture in this thread after I receive it.

I decided to put "dressed for success" on the back as I was trying to think of some kind of obscure slogan. I thought of "TV/CD" and a couple of other things, but I wanted something discreet for myself as I can't really let myself be outed publicly where I live.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the best thing I found was they accept PayPal, so I didn't have to put it on my credit card!

Would it be possible to get this thread stickied so that it stays in peoples minds and continues to grow and attract more people? I think this is a fantastic and fun way of identifying ourselves to other CDers!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Gold Member
    Hmmmm...sounds like a fun idea. Count me in!