Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impulse Shopping

new girl on the block

Impulse Shopping

have you ever had the intention of going out to the store "just to pick up a couple of items" ... and next thing you know you have rung up a bill that was WAY out of your budget with items you just couldn't leave the store without?

ooh girls, that happened to me last weekend at my local neighbourhood TG friendly boutique!

i had promised myself a new pair of black pumps (and some much needed hair products) and that was ALL i was going to buy ... yeah right!

next thing i knew i soon as i tried those pumps on I was in TROUBLE!!!

i knew the shop had some new hair pieces too (which i was secretly dying to try on) and i could not resist the impluse but i had to try a few on and discovered a shoulder-length fiery-red piece that was going to be leaving the store with me!

... Now with the pumps and the hair going, Evelyn was definitely coming out to play *heehee*

it didn't take too long to start trying on some outfits and i 'm walking out the store with a new blouse and skirt too ... a whole new outfit and look

.. and blew my budget out of the water by almost TRIPLE ....someone was in trouble when they got home!

I'm sure some of my fellow sisters in here have had this happen to them too ... any good stories to share??

Sweetie... that happens to me EVERY week I go out, I have my budget... and every week, I blow it Whats a girl to do huh
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

girlie guy
    I have the exact same problem except I do my shopping online so I don't feel the sting until I get the bill!

Hi Eveylyn!

Yes I must confess that buying femme clothes can be an emotional high and when you're navigating through the women's/juniors department of a major store or shopping at a TG friendly boutique it can be difficult to just buy 1 pair of whatever.

When I shop for a pretty dress with the intention of buying just 1 sometimes I find myself at the register with 3 or 4. My justification is that they were selling for more than 50 - 75 % off original price. And when you see something you like you certainly know how that feels!

I have the same feeling when it comes to swimwear. I usually buy 2 or 3 femme swimsuits on sale. It is a good feeling when you buy something you like that is very feminine and then when you get to wear it even if for a moment the feeling is great!

Nice thread Evelyn!

Thanks for the PM!

Hugs and kisses!

Emmi

I have the exact same problem except I do my shopping online so I don't feel the sting until I get the bill!
    Yah, I'm with you Ronna, plus the shipping kills!! Oh, well... I just had to have it...
    Kath

Got that shopping bug bad

Yes, I can't help myself, especially if things are on sale. I did stop myself from buying some beautiful pink pumps on e-bay today. I am a shoeaholic, lol.

I go into Lane Bryant to make a payment, and I get attacked by some item that wants to get out of the store.

It happens to me quite often, but after I get all these items, my conscience starts to talk... I never listen to it before, but feel bad after

[QUOTE=evelyn_tgirl]have you ever had the intention of going out to the store "just to pick up a couple of items" ... and next thing you know you have rung up a bill that was WAY out of your budget with items you just couldn't leave the store without?

.. and blew my budget out of the water by almost TRIPLE

I went shopping the other day for some femme gear, bought some fab clothes and thought I had blown my budget.

Then I realised that when it comes to femme gear I am an impulse buyer and don't have a budget.

Luvya

Platinum Member

Yeah right!

If only I had the money to budget with!

Christine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

If it's there, and it fits, it MUST be bought! No question, no buget, no food tonight. Edible panties on the grill anyone?
    michellej

Bad, bad, bad, week for that myself. I only bought me a few things. But, I spent a little over three hundred this week on clothes for my wife. I love it but she is mad as hell. There was just nothing in my size and all the stuff in her size was just so damn sexy. But, this happens all the time. What is a girl gonna do?

Kisses, April
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Yes i do the same and sometimes i got to leave things behine because i just don't have the money with me. Now i see why women can spend so much money when they go shopping as there no many beautiful clothes out there.

Adrianne.

Aspiring Member

Smile Impulse buying

My biggest problem is shopping off the interent as this is where I buy all of my clothes.
    The only thing I will buy locally is my makeup and feminin hygiene products.
    Every once in a while I will shop at the local Payless Shoe store and go to an adult novelity store for my toys.
    As for a budget I will spend more on my feminine attire than the drab clothes I wear.

Smile Impulse Shopping

I did the same thing this aftrnoon. Went to Target to just look around to kill some time before an appointment. Ended up buying 3 38B fancy pink Bras, 3 pairs of lacy pink panties, and a flowery pink camisole, lipstick and some toe rings. That is called expensive killing time.

[size=4]I daren't even go in a clothes shop at the moment, I just sooo overspent last month. I need some knickers, but last time I went in for some I spent £100 on tops, a suit, shoes and a bag. BAD GIRL!![/size]
    [SIZE=5]Natalie [SIZE=4](the Tranny Granny)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The thantom phread killer striks again[/SIZE]

Not only does that happen to me often, evelyn, but even worse-Sometimes I'll go into a dept. store looking for Stuff I really need-Maybe shelves, or a tool, or oil or something, and walk out instead with a skirt, top, and pair of heels. Hate when that happens!

Hugs,

Melissa

Whats a budget?

Banned Read only
    My impulse buys rarely workout. Like just yesturday I was at Kmart to grab a few things and as I walked past the clearence section there was the cutest little sundresses on sale for $6 So I dug around a found my size. Took it home and wouldn't you know it was too small. My wife said thats the problem with cheap clothes, they tend to run small. So today I take it back and get a size larger, I had to look and look but found one. I got it home and it was a little snug but fit. So I am standing there looking at myself in the mirror and it just does not look right... I try a couple diferent breast forms and still not a cute as I thought it would be. Then I figured out what's wrong, it's too short in the torso :mad:

Banned Read only
    Evelyn,
    Going out shopping with a credit card is tantamount to making a snowball at the peak of Mount Everest and letting it roll!
    But ain't it it wonderful?

Love Angela XX

Platinum Member
    impulse shopping is what makes the world go around.....

Smile Impulse Shopping

I did it again today. I was going to Rite Aid to buy some tobacco, since ther was a thrift store next door that I would check it out. Ended up buying 2 pink skirts, a pink long dress and a short pink nightie. All fit perfect.

new girl on the block
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A.
    Not only does that happen to me often, evelyn, but even worse-Sometimes I'll go into a dept. store looking for Stuff I really need-Maybe shelves, or a tool, or oil or something, and walk out instead with a skirt, top, and pair of heels. Hate when that happens!

Hugs,

Melissa
    Melissa, you and me both girl!

Quote Originally Posted by andy burke
    Going out shopping with a credit card is tantamount to making a snowball at the peak of Mount Everest and letting it roll!
    But ain't it it wonderful?

Love Angela XX
    Angela, all i can say to that is thank goodness i cut up my credit cards long ago but at least you can never max out your limit on "wonderfulness"

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd
    I have the same feeling when it comes to swimwear. I usually buy 2 or 3 femme swimsuits on sale. It is a good feeling when you buy something you like that is very feminine and then when you get to wear it even if for a moment the feeling is great!
    i know we treasure those moments every time we get them Emmi

Ladies thanks for all your replies, its great to hear from everyone .... but don't let that stop you from telling more ....

lets make this the un-official "Hi my name is --- and i was an impulse shopper today!" thread!

hugz and kisses!
    Evelyn

Hey Phillis, pink gear wouldn't count even if you had a budget.