Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever so slight change in tone...

Yeah, Karren. You could print a catalog page of your varied looks, insert it in a catalog and see if she notices. Of course you run the risk of eating a catalog this way. LOL
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

She knows you dress and doesn't like it. The you look like a girl didn't work well so she is using a different approach. Who cares what approach she's using, she's buying you femme products yea!

Yeah!!! I agree... leaving well enough alone... I did file my nails back a little.... and she bought my fem stuff.... and her own flowers!! lol What a wife...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    Don't tell em she wrote the love note too????

A little acceptance is good acceptance. Sometimes it just takes longer.

So now do you buy yourself a dress and attach a note from her?

[SIZE="2"]Ah Karren, I too saw that glimmer of hope shine in one day .............but alas it was only the afternoon sun shinning in thru the window....... [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Damn.. Forgot the love note!!! Actually I'm buying tickets to go see Cirque Dreams Illimination downtown.... She loves Cirque anything... And at least you get to see the sun, Susan!! Livin in the second clowdiest city sucks... Get out the self-tanning lotion!!

.......My Photos

Karen,
    The only progress I'm making is to not show my "preverted" habits where the "grands" or around her work place where they can be seen. However, she does exnore most of the little things. As far as your SO, as previously stated you are lightyears ahead of me.

Hugs,
    Alice

...and today I got the "What are you wearing?" And, it wasn't even a girl's anything. I am guessing she just wants to stay in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    ...and today I got the "What are you wearing?" And, it wasn't even a girl's anything. I am guessing she just wants to stay in practice.
    Practice makes perfect... Probably too cold out west to tell her you wear going to wear a bikini and go out collecting stream sediment samples? Lol.

I can't wait till the next time were out shopping and I pause for a micro fraction of a second in front of the jewelry or a sweet pair of heels... "What are YOU looking at". Sigh...
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-20-2009 at 02:48 PM.

.......My Photos

suzanne,you should get with your wifes friends hubby and get him a dress and just be sitting on the couch when your wife comes home and say we do have something in common!!!!

Well Karren, my situation is somewhat similar in that my wife knows I crossdress, and has even seen me dressed a couple of times, but then said it made her uncomfortable, and she'd prefer I didn't dress in front of her. Meanwhile, she's okay with me wearing stockings all the time, and even buys me some on occassion. Go figure!

That's great Karren. I am also starting to see a change in attitude from my wife. She did not bat an eyelash when I went in and had a full wax job (except arms) and even said she liked the color of my toe nails. She is becoming more tolerant of my dressing at home and I'm about to really test her by asking to go out tomorrow night to a local bar that cross dressers attend. She knows I've been there before and nothing came of it. We'll see.

In the meantime I hope that things continue to be more accepting for you and that she grants you more freedom.

Congratulations Karen! Itty, bitty, baby steps.

It sounds as though she is letting some of her fears go. After all these years, she knows you aren't going anywhere. She certainly knows you've cared about how she felt. I suspect she no longer feels that if she is somewhat supportive, you will *transition and want a boyfriend*!

She is allowing her guard to come down. It can only move forward from here, perhaps even beyond the good-natured, "you do you're thing and I'm OK with it" stance with "but I'll be happy to help you out if you need me to, because I don't stress over it anymore".

Good for you and her!
    Reine

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    Maybe if she saw one of your pics, she'd say "who's that? Are you cheating on me?!"
    That's what I keep hoping for I have a few on my computer which she, now she has retired, uses as well.
    She has been making little remarks about my nails recently although they are not really long, except for one thumb nail which I keep long for the pesky, iti biti buttons on the panasonic remote. If anybody asks me about it I am going to say its for picking on my guitar Actually I gave that to my grand daughter years ago.

And speaking about sunshine.... no, on second thoughts I won't.

Edwina

It's inspiring to read that some many girls think that baby steps can work; I'm just about to take a couple of little steps with my SO.
    I've told my kids (grown), and my daughter and her husband have seen me dressed--I actually gave them a fashion show.
    Now it's my wife. So I'm going to try a couple of little hints. Next time I write my nails may be trimmed back to the nubs!
    warmly, Linnea

Karen, if your wife is anything like mine, her attitude on CDing waxes and wanes like the tides. Some days she'll be really down on the whole Jacky thing, but not always. I think shopping and presents makes it better.

I'm hoping for the overall positive trend, too...
    - Jacky ^_^/

Im married 38 yrs and my wife has known about my femme side 28yrs. She has never seen me dressed, well except at a halloween party before I told her. She has no interest in seeing me dressed and I know that she never will. There are sometimes things in life that must accept will never change. I get out about 1x a month and hang some of my fem things in our closet. I think I have it pretty good. I compare it to that if i was a hunter. My wife would never go hunting with me or would be interested in aything to do with it. Just my opinion.
    Yours Terri

Your wife is like mine Karren. Baby steps. Slow, baby. She has never bought me anything--well not true--she bought me some makeup remover. I keep hopeing. Her moods go up and down.

Silver Member
    Karren, Since your wife has not seen you dressed, it is certainly not that she is jealous of how feminine you always look! Rather she may be tired of trying to beat you back into a guy, and is now considering to join you as a "girlfriend".

I thought last spring my wife was accepting my femme side as well. She was buying me lip gloss. a nightie and a couple camis. A couple weeks later she had a fit and I purge everything I had. Here I am six months later rebuilding my collection.

I am hoping for such a change some day. It's like every few months something happens that sets her back to totally unaccepting. She says she knows and understands that I cannot just shut it off and never do it again. These swings drive me crazy. I can't get her to understand that I have no desire to transition, and that crossdressing is all that I want.

All we can do is continue to be patient and take the baby steps and hope for slow progress.

I'm sure I'll get whiplash when she swings back 180 degrees sooner than I expect... As long as she let's me play hockey I'll at least have something to fall back on.. Or is that fall on my back.. Both probably... She did let me do the laundry last night but I think that was more of a case of "you got those rags all dirty cleaning out the camper... You wash them". Lol.

She even let me take the son shopping... While he was in the dressing room trying on stuff I got to browse through womens department... And she let me go estate saling all by my lonesome so I bought quite a few few things.. All and all its been a great week..
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-22-2009 at 12:59 PM.

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    this waxing and waning reminds me ofthe bio rhythims in the back of a TI instraumets book... some one should chart it and compare to the moons!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Funny the stock market is down today.. Hope she doesn't find out how much I've lost this morning! I know she will swing back but like the market.. I can profit from short term rises and with stand short term drops as long as the over all trend is positive..
    Does that mean you are going to sell your shorts?

Thank you! I'm here all week. Try the hemlock, and be sure to tip your waiter/waitress/whatever they prefer to be called.

That's encouraging