Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping en femme and things go wrong.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar

Sleeping en femme and things go wrong.

Girls have you ever had anything like this happen to you before? If so, let us know.

The other day someone had a post about sleeping en femme. I used to love sleeping en femme until the incident below happened. Now it is silk and satin oversized (XXL) men’s jammie tops with panties. I also make sure I have a pair of boy shorts next to the bed.

I love sleeping en femme and luckily I have a wife that has never complained about it since I came out to her. Being one to take full advantage of a situation my sleeping apparel always consisted of a silk or satin chemise or baby doll nightie. The cold of the coldest Kansas winter months couldn’t break me. Once the kids were tucked in bed it was off to our bedroom and on would go the pastel satin night shirt and fuzzy slippers. A girl can only comprise so much when it comes to what she wears.

As with most things in life my chosen wardrobe for sleeping seemed to work out perfectly until that fateful Kansas spring night. My beautiful bride and I have four wonderful children. I am currently only out to my oldest who just left for college. We have decided to not tell the others until the get to an age where we think they are able to deal with it in a mature and forthright manner. We are not sure what that age is because my wife keeps reminding me that I am still yet to achieve that age.

We live in a wonderful two story colonial style home with a full basement. For those of you unfamiliar with the frontiers of Kansas a basement in your house is important. During most months of the year we live with the threat of the awe inspiring weather phenomenon of Tornadoes and Severe Storms. My fellow Kansans will explain to you that movies like twister and the wizard of oz don’t just happen on the big screen. All too often they play out in our backyards. Although, I must admit I have yet to have a combine drop out of the sky on me or Bill Paxton drive through my house in his new Dodge Hemi.

Given the fact that we live with the imminent danger of being sucked out of our beds and tossed over the rainbow on any give spring or summer day, we often develop a cavalier attitude about storms. I sleep with a weather radio on my bed stand. It sounds an alarm and provides a NOA weather update when a warning has been sounded. You don’t know the number of times that I have scrambled to shut it off as soon as it starts to wale its warning of looming demise. My failure to quickly quiet it brings a wrath from the rest of my family that makes an F5 cow tossing twister pale in comparison. The other overtly caviler action that those with a Y chromosome in my state have developed is the sense that once we have our families deposited in the closest storm shelter we should walk outside and observe the sky. Some of my fondest heartfelt memories are conversations with the other males in the neighborhood that occurred while standing in the middle of the street looking up at the sky. This ritual is even better served if someone has a cooler of beer in their garage and you can tempt fate with your buddies while simultaneously enjoying a cold adult beverage. I know its Darwinism at work. The female in me wonders how the human race has survived this long with males that are driven by such dangerous and ridiculous bonding practices. The male in me has found myself agreeing with Suzanne as I sprint back across the street as transformers are sparking and golf ball sized hail is falling.

Let me recap the stage that I have set for the rest of this tale. First, my taste in sleepwear is not based in comfort and flannel is not allowed in my wardrobe. Second , I live in a house where two thirds of my family are still unaware that Dad dresses more feminine that Mom at night. Third, Midwesterners are desensitized by the fact that we live in constant danger of being swept up in a swirling vortex of wind and what used to be your home and possessions. Fourth, you should always keep a cooler of cold beer stocked in your garage during storm season (just kidding, not everyone likes beer).

The night, we will call it the night of infamy, all was quiet. I tucked the kids in bed. I p
    Slid into my nightie and cuddled up with my wife for a well deserved night of rest. I had just started my dreams of shopping at 90 percent off sales when the weather radio began its earsplitting warning of the calamity that was on its way. True to form my arm shot out from under the covers and located the volume button. It immediately turned down the screaming banshee on my night stand without waking the rest of my body or the beauty sleeping next to me.

I began to settle in and begin my travels back to dreamland and the 90 percent off sale that was going on there, but was awoke again. This time it was the piercing siren of the civil defense siren just located up the block. Fortunately, the brilliant engineer that designed these sirens did not put a snooze alarm or volume knob on the sirens. I sat up, grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. Here is another if you find yourself in the heartland tip. If you turn on a cable TV and all you hear is the country emergency manager talking immediately run to the basement. It means that really bad things are headed your way. As soon as my wife heard the voice on the TV she was in her robe and sprinting down the hallway mustering our children and herding them down the hallway towards the stairs and protection of the basement. I was quickly following behind her.

I am not sure if it was the swish of satin and silk but the realization that our sleepy panicked children’s father was in a sexy nightie that was seen earlier in the season on the Victoria Secret Runway special came over her. Completely in charge she yelled to the kids to get to the basement, now. Without looking at her our oldest son took command of our brood and directed the upstairs evacuation as my blushing bride wheeled on me in a way that only a mother can muster. “Get something a little more masculine on!”

I wanted to say something cleaver like “why are you jealous” or “this is the perfect outfit to wear to a disaster”, but that wouldn’t have been prudent. I would rather face a twister than my wife when she is putting her foot down and I could tell this was one of those moments. I turned and ran as quick as my fuzzy slippers would carry me back to the master bedroom. I muttered something about who the heck wears the pants in this family. Then I felt the lace brush across my thigh and realized that was an empty argument. As I walked into the bedroom the lights went out. This was it. I was doomed because of my love of the frilly. I couldn’t help thinking, “would my wife had been so insensitive about sending me back to change if I wasn’t so well insured.” No time for thoughts like that I need to find a wardrobe choice appropriate for running to the basement past the Grim Reaper.

I tore open the closet door. My closet was a dark cavern with no lights. The only illumination was the lightning that was cracking all around. I shoved my hand in looking for something that felt drab. I pulled out an old sweatshirt and sweatpants. I dressed like a fireman heading to a fire. As I was dressing I turned towards the window and swore I saw an old lady on a bike with a basket on back and a little dog peddling past! Seriously, when you see a lawn chair blow past a second story window its now time to move expeditiously to the nearest emergency exit. I turn back towards the door glancing at the mirror as lighting stuck again. Oh no, this won’t work! I have a blue hoodie with black pants. By gosh if they find me dead and twisted in a field two miles away I am not going to be found in a fashion faux paux like this. Tugging the blue hoodie off I moved towards the bedroom door via the closet. I flung my arm back in the closet to grab another hoodie. Whew, It was red. I ran towards the stairs sliding the hoodie over my head. Fear brings out the coordination in a girl. I hit about every other stair on the way down.

I couldn’t help but stop at the front door and open it to see if any of my neighbors were bonding. A lack of neighbors in the street looking up at the sky confirmed I needed to continue my trek to the basement.

I literally slid down the basement stairs. So much for danger making a girl more coordinated. As I came to rest in the wonderfully relative safety of our basement I received a huge hug from my kids and my wife. Nice outfit she quipped. I smiled gave her a kiss and told her its what all the best dressed people were wearing to disasters this season.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I loved this story! Beside the CD theme, I think it is the first time I've read a 'first hand' account of how life is down there during a storm season.

The worst natural disasters we get up here in Vermont are snow or ice storms. Ice is worse, since the weight of it on the trees usually means the power won't be on much longer. Other than that, all it means is that I have to pull out the long flannel nighty and maybe even tights to stay warm in bed.

The rituals are the same though. Guy standing around after a storm, discussing how long it will be until the power comes back on or the road crew gets things cleaned up. You know it's cold when you use the cooler to keep your beer warmer than the outside temp, so it doesn't freeze solid!!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

That is hilarious.

Good read. Never been in a dangerous situation enfemme yet. Not sure how I would handle it, would I be able to think as fast?, make life saving decisions? Not sure, but you handled it well. I woulda been shaking in my heels, or holding on to that lady's bike.
    "Don't hate, epilate"[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile

I started to read and didn't think I would finish, but your pulled me in. If CD'ing don't work out for you, then be a writer.

How funny would it be the next time you stand in the street with the boys, if you did it with your fuzzy slippers.

Thanks for the story, and I hope everyone was okay afterwards.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

I have to add a story. Last year our house burned down. I too am far more feminine when it comes to bed attire than my wife. On that particular warm night, I was in my usual thin nylon-trico nightie and my wife in her usual cotton t-shirt when someone is banging on our door and wall in the middle of the night that our house was on fire. Next to our bed is our morning clothes, usually a pair of jeans added to her t-shirt and a tank top and shorts for me - both fairly obviously fem (hey...its summer in the country). I spent the rest of the night so dressed outside dealing with fire fighters, answering questions etc till the wee hours when my wife notices a real shirt in the backseat of the car. A nice black over-shirt for the rest of the morning, day and evening dealing with insurance people, etc. Not till it began to get cool in the evening that I started to button it up did I realize where the buttons were. It was one of my daughters left there for some reason...cap-sleeved, eyelet trim, waist length. Oh... and the hair scrunchie I grabbed running from our bedroom when all this started was a lace one to boot.
    When we moved back into the house this past summer, I wore that same gown to bed that first night....

Jenn

Nice story.

Around these parts, we get a few tornadoes, but more than half a dozen or so and it's a bad year. More than one hailstorm a year is unusual. Earthquakes are very rare and aren't any worse than three or four 3000hp railway diesels pulling 100 cars going past the front door at 100km/h. The main risks around here are severe thunderstorms in the summer and snow and ice storms in the winter.

That is a great and very well written story. I dress as you described and we live in earthquake country. I thought more than once about what I would do in such an event and have alternate clothes ready in the next room The problem is that there is no warning for earthquakes. They just happen and if it is really bad I might not be able to make it to the next room. Oh well. At least I live at the southern end of the state, where a major quake is not as likely. And, as they say in spanish...Caca Pasa - Shit happens!

A hairy dude in a dress Nigella23's Avatar
    I'm still chortling after reading that! Very well written and hugely entertaining. I have a tale of my own about accidently cross dressing in public and a trip to the police station! I shall compose myself and relate another day I hope!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Suzanne, your post makes me wonder,

why Dorothy was in SUCH A HURRY to get back to Kansas!?

All we have out here r earthquakes!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Great story Suzanne, good thing your wife had your back or you would be explaining to the kids before they are ready.

Suzanne, you are a wordsmith. I love your story and I'm waiting until that day it happens to me, until then I sleep like a girl.

Well written story; I thoroughly enjoyed reading that and I hope to read more stories from you. That is why I always kept some "male" clothes nearby when I lived in Missouri in case there was a tornado warning. I'm glad to see that you weren't blown away by a vortex. You described it to a T as to what its like living in the Alley.

Kansas is Federal Signal country(or was) those old CD sirens had the creepest sound when they all went off together for warnings.

Off-topic question, are you a Jayhawks fan? My Tigers are going to stomp their paws all over Kansas.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Great story! Nothing like that ever happened to me but I have thought about it.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgirl View Post
    Well written story; I thoroughly enjoyed reading that and I hope to read more stories from you. That is why I always kept some "male" clothes nearby when I lived in Missouri in case there was a tornado warning. I'm glad to see that you weren't blown away by a vortex. You described it to a T as to what its like living in the Alley.

Kansas is Federal Signal country(or was) those old CD sirens had the creepest sound when they all went off together for warnings.

Off-topic question, are you a Jayhawks fan? My Tigers are going to stomp their paws all over Kansas.
    Nothing gets the adrendaline flowing faster than the wail of those sirens. I work for the another university but my heart is with my Alma Mater, Rock Chaulk Jayhawks! In fact, those sirens sound like the cry of a Missou fan when we get done with them. And if the football goddess doesn't shine on my boys Basketball season is here!
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I live in the foot hills of ca about 100+ miles due east of sf.
    Even the quakes are not a problem. Weather can get bad, wind on the ridge top.
    Not much gang problem.....yet.
    But a home invasion, now that would be a problem.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Very wow! had me on the edge on my seat.

Silver Member
    Great story. Enjoyed the story.

Twister tales

In 1964? I saw a tornado 2 miles away from the 3rd floor of Nallwood Jr Hi in OPKS. That tornado took the roof off Katherine Carpenter school, It was also the storm that hit Washburn University in Topeka.

6 years ago a F1 went over out house, uprooted some trees, that was 5/6/03 1:20 am.

4 years ago we got hit with baseball size hail right before another twister, no they call them sheer wind flew by.

Must be the water or something.
    A Rose by any other name.....[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Love Rebecca Jayne

That is a great story and a greater story teller!

It always ways on me.

Very well written dear.

It's why I like winters in New England. Soft snow, wood in the stove, wonderful red silk gown around you and a glass of red wine in your hand. If the kids aren't around it's a perfect evening. Ah Vermont.

Great story. I hope Toto was safe too.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender
    We live in a wonderful two story colonial style home with a full basement. For those of you unfamiliar with the frontiers of Kansas a basement in your house is important. During most months of the year we live with the threat of the awe inspiring weather phenomenon of Tornadoes and Severe Storms. My fellow Kansans will explain to you that movies like twister and the wizard of oz don’t just happen on the big screen.
    [SIZE="2"]Count me in – the weather out here is downright apocalyptic! When I looked for a house here in Lindsborg, a decent basement was a must – I’m fortunate to have a storm cellar good enough for a nuclear attack. I just can’t relax when there are severe thunderstorms lurking in nearby counties – I pace the floor, I can’t sit down, and my sister laughs at me. It also doesn’t help when long-time residents say things like “we’ve never been hit by a tornado, and we’ve been living here for the past 70 years.” That makes me expect one any minute – the law of averages. Not only are Midwesterners desensitized to their somewhat inevitable impending doom, but, when it happens, they don’t talk about it – it’s almost as if they feel responsible for incurring the wrath of the Almighty. You can almost hear their thoughts – “I’ll be a better person from now on, I promise…”
    BTW, I don’t like beer – do you think this explains my lack of tangible friends or why I haven’t met some of my neighbors?

We had a close call this year – the tornado sirens went off around 2:00AM, so I looked at the NWS radar online. There was a twister sighted just west of here, in a compact blob of red on the radar image. There was the tell-tale “hook,” with a small area of pink – this is one of the few times the color pink scares the crap out of me! The sirens kept sounding, off and on, for thirty minutes – I woke up my sister (who is oblivious to danger), and I ushered her to the middle of the house. We were making plans to gather our three cats and put them in the storm cellar, while listening for that telltale "train-like" sound, when the tornado threat dissipated. We found out later the storm missed us by only two miles, but many of the wheatfields were churned up south of town. Saved again…

I wear a lovely pink nightie when I sleep, so I may live through a replay of your story some night, Suzanne! I keep a flashlight handy at all times upstairs, so maybe, if I had time, I could get into my drab clothes before the sky falls on me. Come to think of it, it would be a good way to come out to my sister – “Hi, sis – this is how I dress upstairs.”
    BTW, Suzanne, your threads are high maintenance! All this while waiting for your delayed flight? I had to make a pot of coffee just to read this one! If you want to play “Twister” some night, come on over – you bring the beer…[/SIZE]

been there done that, we have our share here in KC Mo, went through the one in 57 that wiped out grandview, was just a young thing (7yrs)when it came through, been in some other close calls but never in a nightie, how ever, I do keep a pair of sweats by the bed now, never no when an emergency will call you out in the night air!!, and the neighbors don't really need to see me in my Disney Tinker bell night shirt and lacy panties, could cause them to be scared for life!!!!!Suzanne loved your stormy story!!
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Wink

That is a great post, very well written! I've never had a storm to deal with even though we have some good ones here in Tennessee but, I did have a funny thing happen one night! My wife and I had been relaxing in front of the TV late one eveing, me doing my best napping when the pager tones for our Vol. Fire dept. went off. A car wreck about a mile from our home with the driver trapped!! I jumped up took off my pink t-shirt and jean skirt threw on my fire dept shirt and jeans, made a quick stop to kiss my wife on my way out when she grabbed my arm...."go to the bath room and wash off your makeup, take out your ear rings (big hoops) and be safe"!!!! I guess I'd been the talk of the town, running a Hurst rescue tool, tearing the door off a car in full turn out gear and makeup! Ya just got to LOVE our wives!!! Kaitlin
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !