Thread: I would like to know

I would like to know

I would like to know how to go out side the house. I have tired too a few times but have not done it. My wife know that i am a cross dress and she does not mind it some time. But i just can not get the balls up to go of the house.

Doesn't really take any of those.. Just open the door and walk out.. Its all about attitude.. And once you do it a few times then it becomes really easy.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I just started to walk out the door. Here is a hint. It gets dark early. Noone can really see you in your car. Just take a small drive. I have only been out a few times but it is getting easier. I have only recently been out to 3 times but everytime it is half as scarey as the time before. I have shopped and been to friends house.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Attitude, Attitude, Attitude!!

Karren said it all. Just do it. It is your body, and what you put on it is your business. Not the rest of the world!

I have been a CD for about 70 years, and first went out in public in 1951 when I was 19 years old. During the almost 50 years I was married my wife and went out often as two girls. But she did my hair and makeup. Now that she has passed on, I just go out as a guy in skirt!

As Karren said, it is all attitude! Be confident in who you are. You will find out that most people don't really care what you wear, as long as you are not totally outrageous looking! I go everywhere in panties, bra, skirt and a tight top and rarely get even a second look! And I am partially bald and what hair I have is cut 1/4" long. So I really look like a guy, but dressed totally like a girl!

Attitude will make your day!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Yeah, Dana. It builds confidence!

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jones View Post
    I just started to walk out the door. Here is a hint. It gets dark early. Noone can really see you in your car. Just take a small drive. I have only been out a few times but it is getting easier. I have only recently been out to 3 times but everytime it is half as scarey as the time before. I have shopped and been to friends house.
    I was even driving around in the middle of the day, one time. With my MASK on!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I started by just doing normal things dressed around the house. Then I started doing my outside the house work dressed. Then came Halloween. I fully dressed, went out to parties, bought gas, saw friends. (SO was mad) She knows I do it more then just halloween. Next a week later I need to use an ATM machine and need more medical tape. I dressed casual and did. I did not look at the Guy in walgreens. Now I have gone to the mall, a few times. I kind of window shop. All the SA's are trying to make money so they have all been real nice. Single GG's 18-30 have been nice. Moms tend to stand between me and their kids, and I try to keep it that way. I have 7 of my own, I understand. If no one sees my arms, I have passed, but I can almost braid my arm hair.
    Have fun don't push it. When you are confortable with yourself do what you want.
    You are not doing any harm to anyone. Read the advice in here. Work on your walk.
    Make yourself pretty and smile at yourself in the mirror.
    Hugs,
    Karen

small steps

at first go out for a drive, then pick a safe place. it gets easier as you do it. trust me most people don't care, and i'd bet some don't even notice.
    I was told that I was "Way out there In left field", but I don't even know where that is.

Jess

The first time I went out fully dressed, I was as nervous as could be, but once I got out there, I was fine, and had a great time. I couldn't wait to do it again. You just have to go for it, and believe in yourself.

One way is to flip a coin and stick with the outcome if it is to go out.

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I would recommend finding a local TG support group and go to one of their meetings. If you have somewhere to go then you might be more inclined to go out. You could go to the first meeting in male mode, to see if you like the place and get to know a few faces.

Like some of the others have said, it does get easier once you have been out.
    living the dream

The easiest way is to take your time getting ready and feel really comfortable about how you look.

Then, turn the darn knob, open the door and walk through the opening...VOILA....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by sueann
    I would like to know how to go out side the house. I have tired too a few times but have not done it.
    [SIZE="2"]As soon as the outside air hits your exposed knees, you’ll be fine. Try going outside at night and just walk around a bit – I think you’ll be overcome by the feeling of freedom you get being “out,” but do it at your own pace. Think baby steps…[/SIZE]

Accept the fact that you will be read. Next realize you are no different than us. We are not perfect passers. People really don't care they will ignore you if they read you.

you build confidence each time, with confidence come passabilty

Walk out backwards and just pretend you're going in
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I think that the advice to get used to wearing your fem clothes at home by wearing them as much as you can is good. Also try taking a drive in the evening or early morning and going somewhere where you can get out and walk around a little without running into many people. In the morning, a park with a running path can be a good place, especially if there's a picnic table or a small shelter near the parking area--just walk to it and sit down and enjoy the sunrise or the sunset--or the rain (take an umbrella). Let the joggers and runners go by; they are busy with their huffing and puffing anyway.
    Do that a few times and keep wearing your girly clothes at home whenever possible so that you really feel comfortable in them.
    What Karren and others have already said is really true: it's all about attitude. Getting comfortable with your clothing and appearance can help you develop a confident attitude.
    Then just do it. It's not illegal or immoral. It's just fun. Good luck.
    Last edited by linnea; 11-21-2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: left out words
    warmly, Linnea

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    This time of year is great for going out if you've never done it before. If you are super nervous and totally paranoid (I was) then I suggest a good 'ole dress and drive!

If you happen to live in a house where you park your car in your garage it's even easier as the exit from your house to your car won't even been seen, but even if you don't keep your car in the garage, the small few steps from your front door to your driveway at this time of year will be after dark. Drive around for a while and then if you feel brave enough get out of the car and go for a stroll in a well lit area (like say a strip mall). As your confidence increases do it earlier each time until you're outside of your car walking around in broad daylight in a busy place

I know this sounds like nothing to some people but remember how you were when you were first discovering yourself. To a newbee everything is a big deal. This place is a great place to read posts about successful first outings in public.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!