Thread: For those who transform on the fly...

For those who transform on the fly...

...what a pain in the neck it is, isn't it???

I returned home late Friday night and threw my stuff on the floor that had been strewn about my car. No wonder I'm so exhausted the day after an outing! No fewer than three outfits plus at least a couple variation options (especially in case I got cold feet about wearing the short dress to the club) and at least a half-dozen pair of shoes, of which I only used two.

Such is the life of those of us who can't simply leave our own driveways being who we are. But under the cover of darkness, returning home is much easier!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Easier yes... but less exciting!! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

For those who transform on the fly...

yes I can say I used to travel that way once now the only thing I take is what jenna has on,for me its more exciting, for its who I am then.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jenna_woods View Post
    yes I can say I used to travel that way once now the only thing I take is what jenna has on,for me its more exciting, for its who I am then.
    I totally agree with Jenna! What Stephanie has on is what is going to be worn that time out!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I can relate! I used to shave after work, change clothes, and apply all my makeup and wig, in a compact car!! Trying putting panty hose on with that steering wheel right in front of you!

I depart and arrive back at my house as Sally now so most of the time I don't have to contend with that pain in the petuti.
    Sally

Even when I was a little girl I always wondered what the phone booth looked like when Superman emerged.

Were his shoes and socks, his suit and hat, and his glasses in a jumbled heap on the floor? What did the next patron think when she went to use the phone?

And did his job at the Daily Planet pay so well that he could buy a fresh suit every time?

I guess that those who routinely change in their cars know the answers to these questions.

Not to mention questions like has your SO ever found one of your stray pairs of panties or one of your bras on the floor of your car?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Even when I was a little girl I always wondered what the phone booth looked like when Superman emerged.

Were his shoes and socks, his suit and hat, and his glasses in a jumbled heap on the floor? What did the next patron think when she went to use the phone?

And did his job at the Daily Planet pay so well that he could buy a fresh suit every time?

I guess that those who routinely change in their cars know the answers to these questions.

Not to mention questions like has your SO ever found one of your stray pairs of panties or one of your bras on the floor of your car?
    Which is something I failed to mention here but have said in the past, I refer to my car as my Supergirl changing booth!!!

As for my SO, she knows about this whole thing and I'm honest with her about what I'm up to when I go out so her finding a stray something-or-other isn't such a big deal. However, friends in my car is another story. I often do a little visual sweep and find stuff like stray earrings, makeup brushes or even makeup product. Gotta be careful about what we leave around.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Silver Member
    I need to change on the fly but can often put the undergarments on at home, cover them with male clothes then just change those on the fly. Anyone able to put on a dress in thier car/truck? The only time I wear dresses are the rare times I have a place to change at. Skirts/slacks no prob but a dress? How do you handle zipping/unzipping? Talk about an awkward situation, in your car needing a stranger to help unzip you! I have heard of using a piece of string through the zipper pull but have never tried it.
    One thing I do think is fun and feminine is doing my makeup in the car. I even do bits of it at traffic lights. Have you ever been a bit thrilled seeing "her" in your car mirror?

Aspiring Member
    Sara,
    I understand exactly what you mean. When I go on a day shopping trip to the city, it takes a lot of dicipline to eliminate taking way too many clothes.
    I like to wear a short skirt for the car ride and a top that covers a lot (I try to pass when in the car). I like to wear jeans when shopping and usually a different top. Always want more than one pair of shoes to choose from depending on where I am, etc. Need a pair of sandals with a little heel. Need a pair of shoes that are fem but not too fem, etc, etc. Always end up taking too many girl clothes but strangely enough only one male set of clothes. One pair of jeans and one shirt and one pair of shoes - for when I get home.

Yrs ago,I would change on a back road way out in the sticks, one nite, my wallet fell out of my jeans while I was changing, didnt realize it till the next morn! Went back to the place where I changed the nite before and found it, lucky huh?

Changing in a pickup is difficult, to say the least. What with 3 wigs behind the seat and my gym bag with all the other essentials. Normally I only add shoes and wig some padding and makeup and jewelry. I don't like to be disrobed on the street or in a public place. And so many stores have parking lot video cams...?! Eek!

And there was the time when I was changing back to boy clothes in my own driveway late at night because my wife may have been up watching TV. I leaned forward to unfasten my heels and beeped the horn with my right boob.

I, like many here, do the dress mostly at home and then finish up on the road routine. I have at times gotten down to basic drab after a day dressed and that is easier than getting dressed up. I have also dressed for a daytime outing in one outfit and then changed in the car into an evening one. Now that is a bit daunting, especially when it involves changing tops in between pedestrians walking by the car. And yes, in car changing does have its drawbacks,including the leaving something in plain view to others (why are we so blind as to leave something obviously not to be seen laying on our between seats console?!). I have left makeup, wigs caps, shoes, coats, etc. Right now I am still looking for that elusive eyebrow pencil that fell between my driver's seat and the console. It is probably down there playing with my lost earrings, rings and pocket change!

Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    Trying putting panty hose on with that steering wheel right in front of you!
    -- oh, I have.
    [SIZE="3"]Ali[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]"You're as beautiful as you feel"... Carole King[/SIZE]

Trans Adventurer supreme RobertaM's Avatar
    I have always said, you dont get your CD adventure badge until you've done the mobile changing booth.

Mine is the CD bat mobile.

I like to set up in walmart parking lot. set up the canaopy pop up behand my hatch back. portable generator. fold up vanity table the works.

I found a popped off nail in the car the other day,, geesh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vancouver Home 2010 olympics!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    Anyone able to put on a dress in thier car/truck? The only time I wear dresses are the rare times I have a place to change at. Skirts/slacks no prob but a dress? How do you handle zipping/unzipping? Talk about an awkward situation, in your car needing a stranger to help unzip you! I have heard of using a piece of string through the zipper pull but have never tried it.
    One thing I do think is fun and feminine is doing my makeup in the car. I even do bits of it at traffic lights. Have you ever been a bit thrilled seeing "her" in your car mirror?
    Dress? Not difficult at all. But now that I think of it, only one dress that I own has a zipper and I can zip it up myself anyways so that wouldn't be much of an issue.

As for applying makeup in the car, only at a full stop, please.

I actually hate doing the makeup in the car because sunlight coupled with close-up in the mirror is beyond forgiving when it comes to looking at your skin. Makes one want to give up.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertaM View Post
    I have always said, you dont get your CD adventure badge until you've done the mobile changing booth.

Mine is the CD bat mobile.

I like to set up in walmart parking lot. set up the canaopy pop up behand my hatch back. portable generator. fold up vanity table the works.

I found a popped off nail in the car the other day,, geesh.
    As I said to you the other night, I think this was the subject we really started to get to know one another over. But the set-up you have, now that is hardcore, I don't have it nearly so easy .

And what's up with using WalMart??? Talk about picking the busiest parking lot in town!