Thread: Working as a women

Working as a women

Just curious
    With the up coming holidays and some of the Big stores looking for temp help, would any of you girls try to get some parttime work working as a women sales person.

I've definitely thought about it. The problem, at least for me, is that most of the retailers want you to commit to working right up until the end of the holiday period, putting in extra hours and usually including through New Year's Day or the day after, and the rest of my family has vacation during that time and wants to travel and have fun.

It is, of course, the most frenzied and stressful time in retail, which could offer advantages and disadvantages. Standards for employment are more lax, especially since both you and they know that you aren't staying. Customers are way more interested in bargains and buying than they are in figuring out if the saleslady has 5-o'clock shadow.

If you're thinking of trying it, and you have the opportunity, I'd definitely say "go for it!"
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

This is a idea I have been thinking over for a long time. I would like to work in a office weekends to see if I could do it.
    Cathy

[SIZE=4]What a coincidence! Just this week I finished my training with Macy's for a seasonal position in the Fragrance/Cosmetics department. I applied online, got an appointment for an interview, interviewed with the Assistant Manager of the store and was made an offer.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I accepted and they made an appointment with Human Resources for me the following week. I showed up at the appointed time and went through all the paperwork, totally honest with her. She loved it and told me to "bring it on" and show those girls how to look! I was suprised but very happy with her attitude.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Then I went through 10 hours of register training, role playing, fragrance and cosmetics specific training and got my name tag.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]"Hi! Welcome to Macy's. My name is Tamara, w[/SIZE][SIZE=4]hat may I help you with today?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I am already scheduled for 44 hours my first week (which includes Black Friday) Woo Hoo!![/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Working as a women

this is a idea I have thought about for a long time, oh for the chance to do it

I don't pass enough to try.

Smile

If not for the cost of fuel I would show up and see what happens.

But the chance to work as a woman, for me sounds great, but I would not blend in very well.
    Decades back had a temp job at toys r us, they were out of mens smoks, so I get to use a womans one :-)
    but if I could handle a office slot (temp) I would like to try.

you imspire me girl-go-go-go

Oh that would be fun ....work with dirt and grease all day as a male and dresses,bras as a women at night....sign me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

Working as a women

of coures I htave thought about it but never have had the chance to do it yet,I would if I could yes.

Would love to do that...but my regular job ties up all my hours as it is...
    Maybe someday when I retire I'll become a greeter at WalMart....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

i now spend 80% of my working week dressed as my Wifes secretary......never leave the home office however.......

silk

Life is just beginning... Eve_WA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]What a coincidence! Just this week I finished my training with Macy's for a seasonal position in the Fragrance/Cosmetics department. I applied online, got an appointment for an interview, interviewed with the Assistant Manager of the store and was made an offer.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I accepted and they made an appointment with Human Resources for me the following week. I showed up at the appointed time and went through all the paperwork, totally honest with her. She loved it and told me to "bring it on" and show those girls how to look! I was suprised but very happy with her attitude.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Then I went through 10 hours of register training, role playing, fragrance and cosmetics specific training and got my name tag.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]"Hi! Welcome to Macy's. My name is Tamara, w[/SIZE][SIZE=4]hat may I help you with today?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I am already scheduled for 44 hours my first week (which includes Black Friday) Woo Hoo!![/SIZE]
    Way to go Tamara!! You continue to inspire me!!

now that would be the perfect start to working an outside job, a personnal secratery to someone that knows up front that you are dressed up for work and you can tie me up anytime you want to.

I was thinking te ame thing but I work to many hours as it is. Maybe when I retire.

Let us know how it goes Tamarav!
    Vicky from Michigan

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Quote Originally Posted by tamarav View Post
    [SIZE=4]I am already scheduled for 44 hours my first week (which includes Black Friday) Woo Hoo!![/SIZE][/FONT]
    What about your beautician salon business? Did you give that up.? How can you do both?
    Your name tag reads Tamara instead of Tamarav? Does our dear administrator know she is working at Macy's?

Megan
    Last edited by Megan70; 11-27-2009 at 12:25 AM.

I'd Love to but...

I'd love to but, I'm working out of town 50 hours a week and I don't know when the temporary assignment will end so I can't commit to anything. Also, I'm just worn out at the end of the day. But I can dream.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

No thank you! I worked too many holiday seasons in retail back in my college days to ever want to do that again no matter what...

Robyn P.

I worked on and off for Bloomingdales on the East Coast 20 years ago during the holidays and also for several months afterwards. Bloomingdales was great to work for and met one man there, we worked in different departments but usually worked it so we could take the same break time when not busy. I will admit to feeling a great deal of adrenalin pumping thru me when going for the interview especially since there was a small line of people ahead of me which I was not prepared for but decided to go on with it. What was difficult was coming up with enough clothes for working there as I didn't have much that was appropriate for working there so I may have actually spent more on clothes then I made LOL.
    SRS January 27

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    I already work as a woman in my office job and was thinking of applying for a part time job at a womans store.

Hmmm! I wonder if Home Depot or Menard's has a ladies dept that would hire me.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

super cutie
    Very neat thread. I thought about this concept when I was planning to go full time (wow on how plans change). Work normal day as male and moonlight as female.

I was going to grow out my hair long enough to style as female and start working at a local mall/department store until I built up enough confidence to be Michelle all the time.

Ohh how I would still love to do this