Thread: Love, Life, Happiness

"The TRANS-ition years" Erica K.'s Avatar

Love, Life, Happiness

For the first time in my life I feel genuinely happy, I accept myself completely. I know I will make mistakes, but that does not mean I can not learn a thing or two by making them. It is ok that I am not perfect, I am good enough for me. My happiness is not dictated by someone giving me a compliment or a negative statement, but by my love for just being, permanently validated by me with no expiration date! My sexuality is not so easily defined by words like gay/straight/bi, and I am not looking to find a word that does. What I wear does not define who I am, who I am defines what I wear.

Last Friday was the best night of my life. My best friend & I went out & about. We went shopping, then to a straight bar dressed for the first time, and ended the night by going to a 24 hour Mexican food place that is amazing! Not a crazy night I know, but the freedom to be myself in front of others have never been so strong. It was the first time in my life I did not care about what other people thought about me, I can not change that so it is best not to dwell on it. I feel like I fell in love with life this last week, which I find interesting considering just about 2 weeks ago I realized I have no idea what it means to be alive or in love. I have never felt that low, but I have never bounced back so fast, and with this feeling that can only be described as a natural high. “Be the person you want to be”, I am at a place in my life where this is not cliché, easy answer advice. I had to become A person first, make actual steps towards self expression & self reliance. I literally feel like a different person than I did a couple weeks ago, it is very fascinating actually. I like myself, I like waking up & seeing my face in the mirror regardless if I look like a man or woman (I prefer the woman though ^_^), I like going outside, I like the clouds, I like the rain, sun, moon & stars. I do know what it means to be alive & in love. I am alive, I can feel it in every action I make, every thought, every word. I love myself, I love you, I love everything.
    Find the people who accept you no matter what, leave the ones who do not.

Wow!!! That is truely awesome!! But enough with all the love stuff... We need to work on squashing all that enthusiasm? Bring you down to our level of misery! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I are being awesome :) Brittany North's Avatar
    That sounds wonderful! Happy happy, joy joy!
    ~britt~

Only in silence the word,
    only in dark the light,
    only in dying life:
    bright the hawk's flight
    on the empty sky

Erica,

It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I am very happy for you. I wish we could package all of those type of days in our memories so we can easily remember them when life throws us a curve ball.

I hope you enjoy many more days like that.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Good for u, Erica!

I usually feel that way everyday!

For about 10 minutes, about 20 minutes after I've had my glass of wine!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I usually feel that way everyday!

For about 10 minutes, about 20 minutes after I've had my glass of wine!

Me too jk. A big step for me was to cut drinking almost completely out of my life, amongst other things. Too many times to count substances ruined my time instead of enhancing my fun. Another big thing was realizing I do not need to pass as anything other than myself when I'm out. I spent so much time worrying if I was 'passable' or "what if someone reads me?" I feel so much more at ease when I don't care what others think.

Actually Karen, I was very scared a couple days ago when the thought occured to me "what if this feeling is only temporary?" I almost started to cry a little, but I keep reminding myself I can't control the world, nor would I want to. Just focusing on maintaining my own sanity is a full time job (and well worth my time). I love being amazed by everything!

And thank you brittany & Lisa for your comments

Yay Erica, but it gets better. Promise
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tricia_uktv View Post
    Yay Erica, but it gets better. Promise
    I believe you.