Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stronger urge to dress in the winter

Chocolate Diva

Stronger urge to dress in the winter

When the seasons change especially from fall to winter, I suddenly get an urge to dress more. I was just wondering if anyone else has the same experience?

Me too, I think it may be a combination of the long nights, cool weather, and boredom

True for me -- but that's just because I don't want all my nice clothes to become sweat-drenched!

Yeah!!! Its well known.. As the amount of day light decreases it sets off an almost hiberbation mechanism.. My wife just wants to crawl into bed... I just want to crawl into a dress.. Fembernation!! Lol. .
    Last edited by Karren H; 11-24-2009 at 07:33 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It true for me as well. I like the Fall and Winter styles the best. They cover my problem areas. Sweater hide my Adems apple and arms. Skirts, tights and boots hide other things. If I want to go out, I have more cover of darkness.
    Cary

Winter time has many advantages.

More layers of clothing help those who underdress, you can move from just panties to pantyhose, bra, teddy, things that you can't hide under summer clothes.

For those who want to get out and can't pass in summer, winter offers more coverage and better chances of passing (never tried).

More clothes... I guess that's an advantage on itself.

desire has no season

but I look awful in sun dresses, and much better in layers, tights & boots. So winter offers the best opportunity.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Can't say as that happens...I'm pretty constant all year. I think it's just that the cooler weather gives us more reason (for some the ability) to shave our legs and wear more feminine fashions as opposed to just shorts and sandals and such in the summer.
    Also, it's a lot easier to wear makeup in the cooler weather than it is to worry about a meltdown in mid-summer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Me too, but it is not a surprise to me: as I LOVE fur. Of course, my furs are out more in winter...they compliment a woman so beautifully.

OK, and I can shave too and not be discovered!
    [SIZE="2"]Cassie[/SIZE]

Winter is definitely the prefered season for wearing tights. Sure, I still wear them in the summer but I get damn hot doing it!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

Nope i prefer the summer, a nice long loose fitting skirt or dress keeps you cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

In the summer time I mostly just want to wear loose skirts or really even kilts will do, and I feel satisfied. In the winter I get the urge to wear stuff, like boots and tights and such so I guess I do like the fall/winter more for dressing, or at least I get excited to wear different stuff.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

I love all the seasons for the ability to really vary the looks and outfits. However, for us not out to anyone, the earlier darkness also helps getting us out of the house dressed more completely with less finishing up on the road.
    Last edited by AllieSF; 11-24-2009 at 04:10 PM.

Though I love my tights, I prefer my mini-skirts so not for me. I much prefer summer. But then I'm a Grandmother so what would I know
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Winter

Winter and fall is when you can wear your boots!

I dress all the time, but in the winter I shave my arms whereas in the summer I grow it back. I would lose my business if everyone knew I dressed or I'd get shot. I think I'm the only one for miles who doesn't have a gun.

winter or summer

[SIZE="3"]Absolutely, we here in New Zealand are moving into summer during which I find that there is much to do around the house and the garden during this period which cuts down on the time to dress.
    Also more people tend to pop over without warning for coffee etc, so it makes it more risky to be Joanne even though I would like to get a nice tan,
    Winter keeps you inside more so little to occupy your time, thus more time to indulge in the pleasure of letting the femminine side open up.

Joanne
    [/SIZE]

Winter

I'd love to dress in the summer, but I just can't shave my legs and chest then. I have to wear panties only. But heavier shirts and long pants and I am free to rid myself of those unsightly hairs. Also, my sports activity is less in the winter so I am not changing and showering in the company locker room where the guys would certainly wonder why I was so hairless if I did shave.

is itgetting the winter blues or winter pinks?
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

Me too. Summer is just too hot and sticky. I can't stand it when you get out of the shower and can never dry off. Sweat also plays hell on your makeup, not to mention stains your best blouses!

It seems to be a good idea to put the coat on in the winter time. However, under the coat, I want to wear a Bikini tops, a micro mini skirt with showing little of the pantie and garter belt and furry boots.

The Smell of fall

Scent has one of the strongest ties to memory. My very first/best "outings" as Mina were in the fall. So everytime fall comes around I'm reminded of my outings as Mina and it triggers a pink fog. I also find it easier to dress in the fall and spring because I can wear more concealing clothing. Winter, here in the far North, is another matter - I just stay in doors. I also don't like sweating in my fem things, so I dress less in the summer. So, for me, it's a combination scent/memory trigger and just plain laziness and comfort.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

I don't think I get a greater urge to dress in winter, but do underdress more because I can hide garments better.

Love the winter months

I love the winter months too... Finally able to shave EVERYWHERE, though that's a bit ironic in that it's colder and need to wear less revealing things. But for me there is nothing so wonderful then having a blustery weekend to indulge my every femme desire, with the rain and wind ponding on my windows and me so safe, dry, and happy. Much like this wonderful weekend!

Robyn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Robyn2006; 11-27-2009 at 05:52 PM.
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

winter is great. pantyhose/tights are more common, so you don't look out of place as much. also, the layers tend to hide a more masculine figure a little.