Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are You Thankful For Being A Crossdresser?

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    I like the idea of making lemonade when handed a lemon, but all-in-all I'd rather not be handed the lemon.
    Agreed, and I suspect this is where the OP was headed.

It's very hard to answer a question that needs to you compare yourself with what-you-may-have-been-if-you-weren't-blank.

I enjoy dressing. I have an awesome wife that works with my needs to express myself through dressing. I enjoy the serenity that seems to come with completing the picture of self. I have a great job that lets me buy nearly whatever pretty thing I happen to want. My lemonade tastes pretty darned good.

As early a a year ago, I would happily let some guy pop back a bunch of years and flip the TG switch to the off position. Now... I'm not sure how happy I'd be when I sent him off, but I wouldn't have to worry about it afterwards, since it would have never happened.
    Life is simple math: Expectations - Realisations = Disappointments.
    Tell ya what... I won't be too easily annoying, if you won't be too easily annoyed!
    Blogging | Twitter | Google+ |
    Acceptance comes in asking yourself the questions... and not caring what the answers are.

No...

No i'm not thankful for being a crossdresser has it helped me yeah. But i wish i wasn't one.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

While life would be easier not dressing, I believe that I get more out of life by dressing.

Overall, yes

Although there are some down sides, overall I would have to say yes. I regard it as being able to "live two lives" in a way. I get a different perspective on things, and I think that accepting my femme side has made me much more tolerant of other people who are considered different, or outside societal norms.

I wish it hadn't caused a certain amount of distress to my wife, though she is pretty supportive, and has known since before we got married. I also hope it doesn't cause problems for my kids. They are too young to be told about it yet, and I never dress in front of them. I do encourage them to be accepting of diversity and self-expression, and I might not have been as aware of that if I wasn't a CD, so that is a good thing I think.

I like the fact that, in my view, it helps me talk to women. I enjoy talking to females, though I am equally happy talking to men (as long as it isn't about sports, of which I have almost zero knowledge) and I think that the ability to communicate well comes in part from the "female" part of my brain.

Being TG/CD harms no-one, widens your experience and, if you embrace it, makes you a better and happier person IMHO.

hmm, maybe one day i'll be thankful for being tg, but usually I just find it confusing, upsetting and tricky to balance,,,,maybe i should just try long division instead. However, I know that i'm on some sort of path to a little more happiness, once i've 100% accepted myself then i'll be happier!! Can't wait for that time!
    x flic x

Can’t really say I am thankful. I wish it would go away but that isn't happening. There are a few things I enjoy and am thankful for like the feeling of calmness and peacefulness and the excitement of purchasing new clothes. Those pale in comparison to what it everything else.

yes, I am totally thankful and greatful for being tg.it is the greatest gift
    and every man should experience this thrill if only for one night.but one
    night is never enough. you need tomorrow and the next day and the next
    experience and the next shopping trip and the next makeover and the
    next ebay girdle and the next outing and the next panty peek and......etc.
    you get my drift.

Ps: thankful that my needy x, so insucure and narrow in scope, miserable
    and ungrateful, is gone.

Thankful for being a tranny with gynecomastia? No. Life could have been so much easier without this, but since its something I have little choice over, I'm just trying to get by with the hand I was dealt.

I don't know that I'm thankful for being a cross dresser, but I do know that I truly enjoy it. I am thankful that my wife now accepts my desire to dress and allows me the freedom and time to dress when it is possible. For me that's plenty.

Yes and no. I have been a bit of an outcast loner , and socially crippled, and suffered painful lifetime lonely bachelorhood, and cding contributes to isolation. I am thankful, for my apartment, old reliable cars, cats, being spared from terrible accidents, and injuries, and death. But, I have been a failure with the opposite sex, and, nothing takes away that God-designed yearning for a right lady. But, as I grow older, with my parents 2000 miles away, in their final months, with Alzheimers, I am finally accepting things I cannot change a bit more. Being alone, with cats, radio, and computer, can be serene.But, there are times, I miss the wife I never had. But, we come into the world alone, unless with womb-mates, and we leave alone.

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I believe that we are not given any crosses that we are unable to bear. Are they always joyful? Darlings, bad news, very little in this life is always full of joy and grace. We just have to look beyond the poo flavored covering and find the reward. Would life be easier if I didn't dress. Heck yes! Would it be a whole lot more drab and boring? Yes. I have met some incredible people because of my dressing. Many of these people lifelong friends that I share an incredible bond with and I expect they will share a tear when I pass in next 50-60 years.

I am thankful I am:
    A Husband
    A Parent
    A Friend
    Transgendered

All are difficult burdens but they are also filled with the moments of joy and grace that make life worth living.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Gold Member
    I wouldn't say thankful since, to me, that implies this is something someone has given me, which it isn't...however, I do feel fortunate to have discovered this aspect of my personality. It offers me the freedom to be who I am, and to more fully explore the complexities of human sexuality in general, and my sexuality specifically.

I have mixed feelings about crossdressing as it has been a major part of my life and I have been caught up in it and feel my life would not have been as isolated if I did not partake in it. With that being said I realize that my crossdressing is a major part of my life and no matter how many times I tried to run from it I still came back to it and I am fully accepting of my crossdressing and my femininity. The major reality that is harder to accept is the fact that I truly feel I am a girl and this I continually suppress and deny as I am so entrenched in my male life and I am a husband and a father and a working professional and I can not risk losing all this. So though in my heart I am a girl I must live my life as a male. I am transgendered but try to explain to people that I am just a crossdresser. I wish it was that simple!

I am grateful to have a wife, son, a home, a profession and a desire to wear women's clothes.

emmi

Some of my happiest times are when I'm out dressed. Should I be grateful for the pleasure I get from being a crossdresser or regretful I don't have a real life?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Absolutely yes. To quote Mame: "Life's a banquet, and some poor sons of bitches are starving to death"
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Banned Read only
    Can't say I'm really thankful for it. As someone wiser than myself pointed out to me recently, cd'ing is much more a fetish for me than a gender identity issue, so it's not like I feel like I'm releasing my real self or anything like that when I do it. It's strictly just for the sexual element. At the time that I'm doing it, I feel grateful for it and think about how sexy the stockings feel on my legs, and the garters that hold them up, and the slinky dress against my skin...

But afterwards, I'm not so grateful. It's also a concern that's just about always in my mind, thinking/fearing that my wife may have found my stash while I'm out...those times I am most ungrateful for it.

Overall, I wish I didn't have this compulsion. Ask me again in a few years, or if I'm ever not married anymore, then maybe I'll answer different....

(not a whale)
    not at all.

Smile Thankful

That as been One of my main questions. But looking back I feel thankful for all I have been thru .There WERE many ups and downs like many of the girls have explained. Well now after all this I do love live and the many different experienes good and bad .I feel in many ways we are very fortunate and TO always look on the good side of everything and just smile:

trish

Yes I am thankful. The crossdressing have given me new views of life that will be very important for me in the future. But ofcourse I dont like when I "stuck" into my role and dont want to go back to my maleside again. But I learn all the time. I just understand that I have to go threw this even if its tough. When I have learned to handle this lifestyle completely I will have a very interesting life. I am not there yet, but hopefully soon.

I'd rather be a straight macho man! But I am stuck with all these fem feelings, I have a lot of fun going out dressed, don't get me wrong...but being a Tgirl has tons of disadvantages socially and romatically.

I am glad that I get to enjoy the finer womens clotehs. I am not sure that it has made my overall life better. But I sure do enjoy the times when I do get to dressupo. So In answer to the question, I guess at times I am thankful that I am a crossdresser. But there are other times that I wish that it wasn't an issue.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Thankful?

Thankful? I don't know really. I have finally accepted and truly enjoy my feminine side. To quote Emmi "So though in my heart I am a girl I must live my life as a male." I enjoy my male side also and have a great job and good friends, some of whom know about Rita. The CDing cost me a marriage of 25 years, but I think that was inevitable since there were other issues in our relationship. The funny thing is that we are still good friends and she knows that I still CD. My son and daughter both know but we don't ever talk about it.

The one thing I'm thankful for is all of you beautiful ladies who help me navigate through what at times can be confusing and at other times exhilirating. I'm grateful when I get the chance to dress as I feel it is a major part of who I am and it also balances me as I live my life in boi mode.

Simple question, but a complicated answer. My first impulse was to say "no, I am not thankful for being a crossdresser." In truth, I wish I wasn't one.

On the other hand, I have had many wonderful times and have met many interesting people because of it and, for those, I certainly am thankful. And, yes, there are moments when I sincerely wish I could go back in time 60 years and do it all again...with some corrections and improvements based on having lived those years, of course!

A contradiction, I know...
    "Sometimes it's hard to be a woman"...Tammy Wynette