Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are You Thankful For Being A Crossdresser?

Banned Read only

Are You Thankful For Being A Crossdresser?

Are you thankful for crossdressing?
    My mom always used to say, “If life hands you lemons, make lemonade.” At least I think it was my mom, or some other suitably sage adult who influenced my growing years. Here in the US we’re just a few days away from Thanksgiving. Apart from turkey, football (of the non-soccer variety) and the occasional family feud, Thanksgiving is a time I use to reflect on all the blessings I’ve been given in my life.

After just a few minutes I’m hard pressed not to weep with gratitude to my creator for all I’ve been given. A family who loves me, a good job during troubled times and the blessing of health. In fact, if you’re reading this right now you’re likely wealthier than 95% of all people in the world. (If you don’t believe me, take a moment to find out where you are on the global rich list). Truly a blessing, even though it’s almost entirely an accident of birth.

But speaking of accidents of birth… If you’re reading this you or your loved one are probably dealing with the mixed blessing of being a transgendered person. This can be a difficult struggle, but I can honestly say that I’m truly grateful for being transgendered. It has made me a better person. Do you consider being transgendered a blessing? What are you most grateful for?

You couldn't have said it better for me. I am so very grateful for all that I have been given and all I have experienced. Truly there have been some very sad times, some difficult times, and some annoying times. My being TG hasn't been one of them. If it has been an issue for others, it is their burden not mine. All things said, I love my life and I thank God for it and all those who have shared in it.

There was a time where I didn't feel this way, but yes I am thankful. I definitely like wearing the clothes and I like the way that accepting this part of myself has made me more open to other experiences and joys in my life instead of trying to box myself off like a lot of men do.

I don't think God makes mistakes and that even the things we see as a struggle are there for a reason, because it's our hardships that tell us who we are and give our lives depth and help us to appreciate what we do have.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

I am thankful for being able to accept myself for who I am. The fact that I have an understanding and supportive wife, a compassionate family, and friends that stand with me is just icing on the cake (or extra stuffing in the turkey?).
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    I am thankful for all the blessings in my life. My family, my friends, my job, my home.... yada, yada, yada. Crossdressing... am i specifically thankful for it? I don't know. It's just one facet (sp?) of my personality which makes me the total person I am. How much different would I be without it? I can't say for sure, so it's hard to say "yes, definently". If it turns out that I would be a total jerkoff without it... then yeah I'm definently thankful.

In all honesty, nope. My femme self is somewhat of a vain bi**h. My guy self was never like that.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

yes!

OKOK, so Tina in an incredibly high-maintenance girl. She sucks up time, money, effort, and a need for privacy from most of the world!

But, Tina has opened doors that I never knew existed. My wife and I (and my wife and Tina) have discussions that most spouses could never dream of having! Topics of understanding between us that could never have been broached have strengthened our connection to each other. That's not even mentioning that I understand myself better, and I surely take care of myself better because of her!

All in all, I'm very thankful for Tina and the ways she has changed my life.

Not really..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Not really but yes. My life would be a whole lot simpler if I didn't crossdress. I wouldn't have the issues with my wife, and I wouldn't feel the guilt sneaking around, not being able to tell the kids or family. BUT, I do enjoy it so much.

Thankful and lucky to have a wonderful family who loves and supports me. A job that is fairly secure in troubled times. And of course to have so many friends from around the world who share in the pleasure of CDing and being TG. Happy Thanksgiving.

Huggs Teri

I like the idea of making lemonade when handed a lemon, but all-in-all I'd rather not be handed the lemon.

Hello Slim Jim!
    Welcome to the forum. I hope it is as helpful to you as it is for me. Lots of good people here and lots of advice and ideas. As for being grateful at being a CD.....no. It has caused to much pain and arguments with my wife. I do accept who I am, but she has lots of problems with it. She thought she was marring a regular man without the changes into being a woman. Since I had not dressed in 17 years I did not find it necessary to tell her of my dressing past. I guess CD is a part of me however, so we set lines and are moving on.
    Charlie

Absolutely. We are different, we are special, we see things others don't. If we do it properly we are alive. And you can't say that about most people.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

ehhhhhh somewhat yes. I am definitely thankful that I can accept myself. I'm more thankful for my accepting brother than anything.
    removed

I wonder sometimes if God gave me this 'gift' as a personal challenge to me, to overcome myself and teach me to accept me, as me. If I hadn't had this challenge, I might have been much less happy in my life.

That said, I've gone through a lot of hardship being transgendered.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    I wonder sometimes if God gave me this 'gift' as a personal challenge to me, to overcome myself and teach me to accept me, as me. If I hadn't had this challenge, I might have been much less happy in my life.
    I am totally thankful to God for the gift of crossdressing and being able to crossdress. It might sound strange to say "being able to crossdress", but I am so blessed with a wife who supports me as a crossdresser. I was in a bit of a blue funk on Sunday, and she suggested that I get into a dress and all girly.

So, I agree with what you say about "teach me to accept me, as me". Being a CDer has made me very introspective as I try to understand myself and others. And just as God has given some the girl of being able to play a musical instrument or paint or sculpt, I have gift that is somewhat similar to acting (whih I have also done!). And so I have something in my makeup -- oooh what's that --ick -- oh no not that make up -- er -- my persona that give me pleasure just as painting does to the artist etc. And in exchange, I vow to use this gift in ways for good and never for wrong.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Yes. Now, that is. 30 years ago when I was young and had man boobs that just so well fit into a bra I always hated myself afterward. Now I've realized it's just the way I am. I also know that my CDing gives me a certain peace and creative energy.

I'm thankful for the ways in which I've allowed this experience to help me better understand myself and to be a person I like better, and I'm even thankful for the growth that comes from facing adversity, but I am not thankful for the pervasive stigma associated with CDing and the consequent costs. And I'm not talking about the financial costs, either.

Still, I'd feel a whole lot better about everything if I could just win the lottery this weekend.

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    I feel very blessed. It took a long time to come out but I am so happy that I am a crossdreser.

Are You Thankful For Being A Crossdresser?

yes its has made me a lot better person, and I love every min of it.

Can't say that I am. No
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I'm not sure how to answer. AM I happy to be a crossdresser Yes. Am I happy for all of the heartbreak it gave me No. There have been ups and downs in my life surounding my dressing. I love to wear the clothes, go shopping and talk to women in a manner that other men couldn't possibly do. At the same time it has cost me two wives. yet Here I am still dressed. ?????

I did not ask to be a crossdresser, but I am very thankful to be one. I would do it all over again without changing a thing, only if I can have the same SO. Really it is my SO that I have thank, her encouragement and acceptance make all the difference in the world. As a result, our lives are enriched, we can live our lives together without boundaries. It is totally a different dimension!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Jim
    This can be a difficult struggle, but I can honestly say that I’m truly grateful for being transgendered. It has made me a better person. Do you consider being transgendered a blessing? What are you most grateful for?
    [SIZE="2"]Yes, I’m very thankful. Just consider the alternatives to being more complete, more emotionally developed, and more integrated as a person. The mind boggles…

What am I most grateful for? That sense of calmness or peacefulness that comes over me, making me more loving in the process. Just today I read something here that had me somewhat worked up, and I began to write a negatively-conceived post of my own. Very quickly I realized I don’t do this sort of thing, so I “tore it up” and did something constructive (and positive) instead. I can’t go against the feelings I embrace being a crossdresser, so I comport myself accordingly at all times – call it what you will, but I’m grateful for this “gift” that I actually gave myself. It’s a gift that keeps on giving, but you have to cultivate it and keep the weeds off of your own disposition…[/SIZE]

Yes and no. I love the feeling and look of women's clothes, but I regret the money I spend on something I can only wear alone in my bedroom (I share a place with other people). I especially regret the couple of thousand dollars I put on my credit card for dresses, shoes, and such in the past year after I "snapped." But I love my clothes.

I have always felt like an outcast, having more girly interests than guy ones. But I'm thankful I've started to find a balance of masculine and feminine and I enjoy working on it.

I feel that if I hadn't been crossdressing since a preteen, maybe I would have dated in high school. But due to having a bit of breasts and being mad fun for it, the lack of self esteem would have still been there that kept me from dating. I feel that if I wasn't so "girly" maybe I wouldn't always end up as "just friends" with the women I'm attracted to and on the other hand, wouldn't attract "manly" women to myself. If I had learned to be more aggressive with women, maybe I would have had sex at an earlier age, (behind the bushes at 8 years old with a couple of male classmates doesn't count), found a wife, and had the incentive to do more with myself than stay in the dead end job I've had for 25 years.

I refered above to "snapping" last year. My dressing in the past year has been the strongest ever. I've made changes to my appearance and dress daily, both before and after work. If not fully dressed, I'm at least wearing panties most days. I think it's a reaction to a couple of things, turning fifty this year, big changes at work that I don't like, and seeing my 401(k) tank. So this is a big stress relief for me. I've always always been a bit of a loner, so the confined dressing isn't much of a problem except that it keeps me from doing a lot of things I should be doing.

But I am thankful that dressing helps me deal with stress. I feel much better when the bra goes on, I don't even need the wig to feel good, though I do like the full effect, especially when I can wear makeup. So I go hot and cold with it. I don't hate myself for dressing and in fact, with hypnosis, enjoy thinking of myself as a girl most of the day, even while in drab.