Thread: Just bought some women's clothing for the first time.

Just bought some women's clothing for the first time.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been wanting to get some jean skirts for a long while now and today I finally did it. I went to the mall this afternoon and checked out Sears, JC Penney, and Dillard's and didn't find a thing. I decided to check out Kmart this evening (I found a few things on their site) and found a number of things.

I went mostly in drab, a polo shirt and an Amerikilt though I had on pantyhose under it (the kilt only goes to the knees so they were visible.) I thought about wearing the heels I got from Payless (the Twist Bootine [no longer available from Payless it seems]) in but chickened out on them. I've never actually browsed the Women's section before and the most I've ever bought before are stockings so I was nervous.

I tried on a few different skirts and came home with three (if the link doesn't work narrow the skirt search by Material-Denim, I got all but the Rider Women's Copper Darted Jeans Skirt).

I also bought a belt to go with the skirts, a half slip, and a full slip.

I asked a sales associate for some help and when she asked who it was for I honestly told her it was for me. That made me feel a little better. I won't be so nervous next time. I'm apparently not the only CDer who shops there as I saw a CDer in full girl mode browsing the racks when I first got there. They were doing a good job a passing at first glance but with a second glance I could tell they were male as the face was masculine.

Found out first hand why a lot of girls have a hard time find clothes that fit, every skirt I got is a different size and they all fit.

Don't know when I'll wear one of these out but I'll try to do it soon.

Shorty - Congratulations on your first shopping trip!
    Talon

Just bought some women's clothing for the first time

glad you did it next time it will be easyer, and yes women's sizes do change a lor toth differant brands

Shorty first off welcome to the forum. Congrats on first shopping and to try them on as well, you did awesome. Hope to see you in those skirts soon. I like the first one best.

What a great outing Congrats and nice choices
    Cat

Smile

Now that you have started shopping and have found how much fun it can be, your closet will soon overflow with nice clothes.

great

now you can build the wardrobe from there. Glad you had a positive experience.
    lovin to dress...

Shorty, sounds like your off to a great start. It will be easier now. OH! Welcome to the club!