Thread: Places to go clubbing in the Midwest

Tonya, the SHOE monster! rocketscientist's Avatar

Places to go clubbing in the Midwest

I would like some input from some of the other girls here. Where are the the best places you know in the Chicago area, Indianapolis or Detroit area to go clubbing with other girls like us? Is there any CD only clubs I am not aware of? I want to go out more than I do. Maybe some of your replies will influence Tonya's next BIG weekend

You might want to try trumann's night club in mishawaka IN. They are gblt friendly, with drag shows on the weekends and a dance floor upstairs.

Thank you for your reply!

That's a little food for thought! Anybody else with suggestions?

I have visited Detroit and have gone out to two clubs. The Rainbow Room on Eight Mile and near Van Dyke., and Gigi's on Warren Raod near the Southfield Road freeway. Both are gay bars with drag shows, pool tables and a dance floor. I had a lot of fun and met some wonderful girls at both. Gigi's tends to have many more girls. Don't hesitate to talk to a few of them. They are all mid-western friendly and may end up talking your ear off. I am sure Gina here can give you more and better references. Only downside, is everyone smokes and you will be smelling that in your clothes on the way home. I also went out to dinner with two girls in teh Ferndale area. One I met on here, Tracy Schapes. We enjoyed oursleves and had no problems whatsoever. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks Allie!

Thanks for your suggestions. I really appreciate them. Gigi's sounds like a nice place to go. How about it? Anybody else with ideas or suggestions? There's gotta be more for a girl to do out there!

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    I have visited Detroit and have gone out to two clubs. The Rainbow Room on Eight Mile and near Van Dyke., and Gigi's on Warren Raod near the Southfield Road freeway. Both are gay bars with drag shows, pool tables and a dance floor. I had a lot of fun and met some wonderful girls at both. Gigi's tends to have many more girls. Don't hesitate to talk to a few of them. They are all mid-western friendly and may end up talking your ear off. I am sure Gina here can give you more and better references. Only downside, is everyone smokes and you will be smelling that in your clothes on the way home. I also went out to dinner with two girls in teh Ferndale area. One I met on here, Tracy Schapes. We enjoyed oursleves and had no problems whatsoever. Let us know how it goes.
    I agree,
    Besides The Rainbow room and GiGi's. There's Como's in Royal Oak. A great place for a cocktail and dinner. and VERY TG friendly!!

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

Hunters

Hunters is a friendly play were a lot of sisters go. It's in elk grove just west of chicago.

Connie

Hunter's has been weird lately.... You might need a photo ID of your femme self to get in..... May have changed....

Boystown (Halstead Street from Addison on south is a great place for a night out!!!

Just 2 blocks north of Addison St is the Kit Kat Klub , a great place for food anf fun! Then cirguits, sidetrack and Roscoe's. along the way.. I'm certain there are more in the area.
    Lisa E

I'm out of the nightlife loop in the Chicago area now, but I do know of one resource, the Island Girls group, click here for info. Meetings are twice a month at Club Krave, a gay bar in Blue Island, IL, south suburbs, usually quite a few girls at that.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I've heard about that ID thing with Hunters, I went there after that was supposed to be in effect, but I had no issues getting in. I haven't been back since though. I'm looking into going into the city more, Sidetracks, Berlin, Spin.

Allright!

I have been to Berlin, Hydrate and Spin. They can be fun. The last time I went I didn't see any other gurls. I still had a blast, but I wish I had seen others having fun too.

Here in Indy, we go to Talbot Street or Illusions to club, and English Ivy's for dinner. You should join our group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AlternativeGurls/

Marcie

HI TONYA HUNTERS in elk grove used to be fun, but with new ID policy, don't know anymore. CLUB KRAVE in blue island is a gay bar and us girls are always welcome. come join us ISLAND GIRLS. donna and ALL us girls will welcome you with open arms! go to islandgirlstg.com for more info and links. p.s. trumans is glbt friendly too! nice, if you're closer to south bend.

Talbott Street in Indianapolis is great.

- Diane

I posted this in a couple places, Has anyone here been to Hunters and had the ID problem? Just wondering because I keep hearing about this but when I went they didn't give me any problems at all getting in with my regular ID. We may be going again on Saturday night too.