Thread: Shopping in Columbia, Mo.

Shopping in Columbia, Mo.

Hi Girls,
    I need some help from some Central Mo. girls who have shopped in and around Columbia. The dates are the 4 and 5 of December. I will have a limited amount of time to shop on Friday night and a few hours on Saturday morning. Depending on how cooperative the SO is, I want to make this a time for Alice to do some Christman shopping, the shopping will happen whether en fem (I hope) or drab. For myself I need a wig, suggestions? As far as shops, anything on Sale and PLUS size(s). Any shops to make a point of visiting or any that should be avoided. When I shop, I like to try things on, again avice.

Hugs,
    Alice

I want to know this as well, I never CD'd when I attended Mizzou Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I just wanted to chime in since I know that area and attended UofM from 2000-2004.

Glad the Tigers kicked the Jayhawks' asses Saturday. Go Tigers!
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Tks for the interest Stormgirl. I know finals are getting close, maybe everyone is cramming. Will keep checking until I leave on Friday.

Hugs,
    Alice

Well, I hope that you find a good place to buy a wig--a place that has a knowledgeable staff, gives you time to try on several wigs, and helps you know how to style and care for the wig. I think that it might be better, if you can, to wait until a quieter time, but if this is your opportunity, go for it.
    Happy holidays!
    warmly, Linnea

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgirl View Post
    I want to know this as well, I never CD'd when I attended Mizzou Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I just wanted to chime in since I know that area and attended UofM from 2000-2004.

Glad the Tigers kicked the Jayhawks' asses Saturday. Go Tigers!
    A big Jayhawk .....but we have to let you have one every now and then to keep it interesting.

I am not sure about the shopping in Columbia. I can recommend several spots in KC. Sorry hon.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I don't know a thing about any shops up there, but there is great wig shop in Springfield that is very CD friendly. If you can make it down here, I'll take you there, then hit some of my favorite thrift shops.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

I don't know much about Columbia, but I have shopped for wigs in the St. Louis area. Also, there is a wig shop in Jefferson City, which is not too far from you. You can find these shops in the phone book or by searching the internet.

You must try on wigs in order to get the right one. If you are like me and have limited time to shop, you must take full advantage and plan your outing well.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Hi Alice. I have shopped at the Lane Bryants in Columbia in drab, but told them that I was shopping for me. They treated me very nicely. I have a local Layne Bryants that has helped me so much. It is located in the strip mall next to the Mall on Stadium. Also Cato's is a great place to shop and the prices are fantastic. There is a Cato's on Broadway, and one on Grindstone Pkwy. I think. As for a wig i agree with Linnea, find a shop that has private booths and a staff that will take good care of you. I have been fortunate to have found shops that have helped me find a style and color that works best for me, and have tried on several wigs which I thought would be for me only to find that they werent when i put them on. I have called ahead and asked if the were comfortable with helping men find the right wig and trying them on. If you have a wig cap take it with you or they might have you buy one from them to try on their wigs.
    Good Luck Shopping

I think I have my techical issues resolved, I hope.

Thank you for your replied ladies.

Linnea - I found a good stylist and she will help me to used to caring for my wig (one less thing to worry about).

Lisa - sorry I'm won't be going your way for a while but I will take a rain check on the whole shopping trip, OK.

Karen - I spend several hours just picking out a blouce and slacks so I will be most of the day shopping for a wig if I'm not careful.

Renee - Tks, I'll have to make Lane Bryants my first stop after a light lunch at the bread factory in the Mall.

Again thank you ladies for your help. I hope this shoping trip will be as much fun as I antisipate.

Hugs,
    Alice

boardpuppy

where did you find to buy and wig and get help in columbia? how was the rest of the shopping? hope you had fun!

Alice, whenever you get this way,just let me know. I'd love to have a shopping partner.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.