Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alert Will Robinson! The wife is not happy

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonDragon View Post
    Come on... let's face it.... if you can get up and get dressed, you can get up and go to work!!!
    I work in the Medical Field. I am 100% positive work DOES NOT want you there if you are ILL!

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    No piggy flu here just regular flu. I am feeling much better tonight.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

No it's "Danger, Danger, Wil Robinson"
    Margot

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    So I crawled out of bed slid on some comfy clothes a wig and a little makeup ...
    Sounds like you had a "blonde moment" ...

Come on... let's face it.... if you can get up and get dressed, you can get up and go to work!!!

Not fair! Sick but not so sick to get to the bathroom also means not so sick to change into things that make you feel better. Doesn't mean you have the energy to go and spread whatever you have at work!

Here's two cents from a GG. You can give your wife all the excuses you want but deep down inside she is going to believe what she felt when she first walked in and found you had gotten dressed up. My suggestion is (for what it's worth) that next time you get sick enough to stay home from work while she has to go to work, grub it up or stay in your jammies.

Dear Suzanne, simply explain to your loving wife, that you were seeking comfort in your time of illness, and this is one way you have of making yourself feel a little better. And you had in no way meant to upset her.

isn't it "Watchoo talkin about Will Robinson"?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I can just imagine the set up and the reaction. Hearing the recent news I had to collect my jaw. Girl you are off the charts. My SO no longer has any issue with this, it is just a thing. If she walked in it might get a snicker, even if ill.
    "Originally Posted by Anne66"
    It's store policy: whatever you're looking for, that's what they're out of. And the chances of finding it are in inverse proportion to how much you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelRICD View Post
    . An unhappy wife is worse than the flu.
    Isn't that this true

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    This conversation is just way too sick for me Glad your feeling better Suzanne
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    isn't it "Watchoo talkin about Will Robinson"?
    Watchoo talkin bout Willis: Gary Coleman in sit com can't think of the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly Michele View Post
    Watchoo talkin bout Willis: Gary Coleman in sit com can't think of the name.
    It was Different Strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonDragon View Post
    Why would you want to go back to work when you can be home and look as pretty as she does?

Karen
    Lucky to be a girl 95.33% of the time

Wink

Just got the big, "geez can't you stop even a day for being sick" from my wife.

I am home sick with the flu. I posted earlier that being miserable dressed is better than being miserable en drab. So I crawled out of bed slid on some comfy clothes a wig and a little makeup and I am laying here in bed enjoying soup, juice and the prose of my sisters as my body fights of this nasty little virus.

My loving wife was running from one appointment for work to another and swung by the house to check on me. She didn't react well to finding me dressed. She tossed me my presciption rolled her eyes and walked out. All I could muster in my flu induced pink fog was, "thanks hun. I love you..." I think I need to have flowers waiting for her when she gets back to her office in a couple of hours.
    If I were you, I'd just tell her that looking nice makes you feel better too. Nothing wrong with being honest. I'm guessing she already knows you love being a girl.

Karen
    Lucky to be a girl 95.33% of the time

Just got the big, "geez can't you stop even a day for being sick" from my wife.

I am home sick with the flu. I posted earlier that being miserable dressed is better than being miserable en drab. So I crawled out of bed slid on some comfy clothes a wig and a little makeup and I am laying here in bed enjoying soup, juice and the prose of my sisters as my body fights of this nasty little virus.

My loving wife was running from one appointment for work to another and swung by the house to check on me. She didn't react well to finding me dressed. She tossed me my presciption rolled her eyes and walked out. All I could muster in my flu induced pink fog was, "thanks hun. I love you..." I think I need to have flowers waiting for her when she gets back to her office in a couple of hours.
    Sorry to disagree with everyone here, Suzanne, but I see four major issues going on here.

1) You're sick with flu and you are online posting messages to us??? Now what the !@#$% are we supposed to do??? Wear masks and update our virus protection??? Gee, thanks.

2) Just what is "he" doing making you get sick??? Why did you let "him" get away with getting sick and then passing it off to you to have to deal with??? I've never been sick a day in my life, we get sick, I leave, let "him" visit the porcelain throne. When they said "Get a grip, girl" they didn't mean le grippe!

3) You're a big girl now, you don't have time for silly little diseases like the flu. Stuff like that is for wussy males. Sheesh, didn't your Mother teach you anything? Now get up, put on your big girl panties, get the laundry done, make a gourmet dinner for your spouse, and for heaven sake take care of those kids!

4) O,.K., so you're sick in bed, having one of those near death experiences, looking awful with no makeup and uour hair a mess, and your spouse runs in, tosses your medication at you, and splits. What's this about sending her flowers? You're the one sick in bed. Shouldn't she be sending you flowers???
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

How about the truth, then on the next day that you can dress take her out in drab. That means you in drab not her. It may go a long way.
    Put a little lipstick on you'll feel better