Thread: Umm, cant decide...

x Tinkerbell x Abi Kayli Brandreth's Avatar

Umm, cant decide...

Ive been seriously thinking about getting my belly button pierced like a girl, but i cant decide whether to get it done or not

Can you girlies help?

Maybe I am old school, but I have never liked pierced belly buttons, noses or eyebrows.
    You want to wear a WHAT??

If I had a flatter stomach I would LOVE to, but at the moment I think that it would be more scary than sexy.

Go for it!

navel pierce

I also want to have it done, I am waiting to tell my so just to see what she says. I e-mail a popular piercing place and they said that I shouldnt let popular trends dictate how I want to express myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen CD View Post
    If I had a flatter stomach I would LOVE to, but at the moment I think that it would be more scary than sexy.

Go for it!
    Im size 18, so my tummy isnt flat

I have been wanting to get mine done for a long time. Then I saw a tattoo place near me that had a sign out front that says "all piercings 20.00". I think that is making my mind up as most places around here charge quite a bit more.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Oh i love mine. I have had it done for a couple yrs now. I love all the different style jewelry that is available for a naval. I had mine done on the upper part, now i am going to have the bottom done. Definately looks sexy with a crop top or in a bikini.

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    Do it!

I had mine done almost 2 yrs ago now. Its not that non-typical for a guy either. I've been at many a pool party in drab, and never had anyone comment one way or another. I usually have a pretty girly looking jewel there too, a square diamond in white gold.

Had a SO at the time i got it pierced, and just told her that its what i wanted to do, and that most people would never see it, so it was the perfect place.

Want to get an ear cartilage piercing next!

Also, be prepared for the long healing time - it took about a year for me.(despite treating it very carefully, and following all healing instructions) This is a fairly typical healing time.

Hugs
    -Sera

Quote Originally Posted by SexySeraTV View Post
    Do it!

I had mine done almost 2 yrs ago now. Its not that non-typical for a guy either. I've been at many a pool party in drab, and never had anyone comment one way or another. I usually have a pretty girly looking jewel there too, a square diamond in white gold.

Had a SO at the time i got it pierced, and just told her that its what i wanted to do, and that most people would never see it, so it was the perfect place.

Want to get an ear cartilage piercing next!

Also, be prepared for the long healing time - it took about a year for me.(despite treating it very carefully, and following all healing instructions) This is a fairly typical healing time.

Hugs
    -Sera
    So i wouldnt be able to change the barbell for about 1year?

Becki they tell you to wait till its completely healed. Now mine healed in about 6 mos and i was changeing jewelry after just a couple months

Any ideas of how much this is in UK, on average? And how painfull is it? (im a wuss, dont like pain )

I paid 40 US I actually thought it was very painless truthfully. i just love mine

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    I think they are sexy, but I am getting a little too old for sexy and now just have to shoot for classy. I am afraid to get one because it may let all the hot air out of me.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Suddenly I See
    what? where am i? i don't recognize this planet...
    You can change out the piercing after a couple months - as long as you do it quickly. I wouldn't suggest big dangly ones until its healed though, but i did put one in for one of my photo sessions one time, and switched back into the regular after without issue while it was still healing

Hugs
    -Sera

I've had mine for about five years, cost about £25 at the time and i love it still.
    Sophie May, Sophie May not

The cute brown eyed girl! Jenni_Aurora's Avatar
    Ive had mine for a couple years, and i looooove it! Its one of the many pieces of my femininity that i looove. Its all blue and sparkly! Then again... im a tall, skinny girl, and i was blessed with a fairly flat tummy.
    Another post, another step into the rabbit hole..

Aspiring Member

Go ahead!

I had mine done some time ago and loved it. It really doesn't take a year for it to heal but it does take a couple of months. Take good care of it and you can start changing it after 3 weeks or so. It is very painless and done quickly.

Now the bad news: I had mine about 6 months and went for a cross country motorcycle ride. I wore jeans and the jeans rubbed against my piercing and it started ripping. The rip caused my belly button to sort of balloon and now I have what looks like a sub-skin hole and when I went back to have it re-done, the piercer said that my body would reject it because of the "vacuum" where the first one had been done.

I really miss mine and wish I could get one again. Go ahead and get one done and $20 is about the going rate.