Thread: OK...to all the girls who are timid or scared about going out....listen up.

OK...to all the girls who are timid or scared about going out....listen up.

I started dressing in march of 2008...so what's that???? 20 months ago????

As I started to get it all together buying clothes with the wife with me...god forbid someone should see me checking out with panties in my hands....what will they think.

So roday I'm out doing some Christmas shopping....and some shopping for me...

WalMart ...I get some gifts for wifey and some others and a dress fro me and a pair of shoes...

Shoe Rack pair of boots for me...

Marshalls a few panties there for me and a pair of shoes for the wife...

Ross's A sweater top for me and a blouse...a pair of boots for the wife....

JCPenny's a pair of jeans for me....

OK so I got some stuff for me....and some stuff for the wife....actually got a coat for her at Walmart and since she's been wanting to go fishing....I got her a rod and reel, a tackle box and a bunch of lures hooks line etc etc etc....plus I'm going to get her a fishing license as well....now jut a disclaimer shere...I'm also getting ehr a laptop and a GPS as well...and those I'll get in a week or so before Christmas..

So what's my point???? First part is this I can shop for her or for me as easy now either way....not embaressed or anyhting...sometimes I'll try them on other times I won't...some times I'll go out dressed enfemme....sometimes I won't....but my last stop was at Ulta....and this is my case in point really....

I walked in and wanted to get a few things....one thing was a lighter shade of concealer called "Amazing Concealer"....but I also wanted to get some stuff for my brows...so this SA comes over and says do you need some help....and I said yes I do. I told her I needed to find somethings to do the eyebrows with...pencils and brushes but not sure...so she said OK I can help you...don't want to have you freakin out here....since you got sent in here....and I chuckled to myself and said "yeah right"!!!! I asked her is she had some in the Ulta brand...so she took me over...found a few pencils in the colors I wanted and asked me f I knew what color she used...and I said "and who says it's for her"...I chuckled and said their for me...I use them....I think she thought i was kidding....because she just said Oh alright then....

So I wanted to check one other thing and we went back to the other side of the store again...at this time another SA saw me and came over and as she got to me I said "Hey girl...how are you"????...and we exchanged a few pleasantries and I looked at the SA who was waiting on me...and I said to her see, they know me here....and I LOL and said been here and got the make overs and all of that and she helped me with DeDe...so yeah not a problem...and the other one said yeah and you should see her...she's hot!!!!...

So we talked a bit and the first one went back because she had a customer she was helping....so the other SA spent about another 20 minutes with me selecting some additional products for the brows and then we got talking about foundation and primer and application and this and that....I even was asking about her make up because it was absolutley outstanding....really mad her look great....so we chatted for awhile...and I asked her how many guys has she had come in to her to get made up and she said she has personally done maybe 25-30 guys...and they've only been there for 2 years....OK.

So I have this to say to you....yeah I sat there saying OH I wish I could go out like some of you girls do but I don't have the nerve to....just like I use to marvel at Karren Hutton and some of the other girls telling about the went shopping or were trying on heels dress in drab or went out to MAC dressed and had a makeover....and even doing it like I was today...dressed as a guy talking about foundation etc....and there were other cusomers around.... and if they couldn't hear me talking then they had to be stoned deaf...but this is my feelings...so what and who cares....I don't...and I going to let other's opinions stop me from doing what I feel like doing???? It use to...at one time...finally I reached a point that I ventured out...first time for a drive then dressed to shop and then out to a club...and then again, and again...and now the genies is way out of the bottle...and never going back....jsut the process of evolving as a CDer....so let this little story be an example of someone who was once where you are now and wishing I could be like Karren or some of the other girls Joanne and others....who were out there....take the leap....it's really not as bad as your worrying about....you'll fly and then eventually land on both feet....Once you get o9ut that's when your really going to start to enjoy the CDing....

I know some of you can't for various reasons....wife doesn't know job won't allow you to take the chance and that's fine...I'm talking about those of you that can but a affraid to do so....eventually you will....

So one posted the past few days "When will I know when I'm ready to go out"? Simple....when you get sick and tired of staying at home and really want to venture out into the real world....you'll get dressed, walk over to the door turn the door knob and open the door and walk out....scared to hell....but you'll do it and that's when you'll know your ready!!!! and they'll be no turning you back inot the closet after that....

take care and good luck....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Girl you summed it up. Nothing more liberating than looking the SA in the eye and saying, "Darling, I don't need a gift box. In fact, cut the tags off I want to wear it home."

This time of the year can be a little more challenging. Lots of men shop for there wives so if you are looking for a cover story that is a benefit. Unfortunately, if you are out like I am there is a lot of Christmas help out there that are not nearly as professional as the year round SAs. An SA that is working on commission and that has any experience knows that if they make us feel comfy the purse or wallet flies open because we long for their acceptance and are loyal once we get it. Seasonal help doesn't understand the nuances of building a clientele.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 12-03-2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: There really is no reason to quote whole posts... quote removed
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Thanks for the story Steph, really good inspirtation and hope to use it to get past my fears of going out. Thanks again! -Brooke

Great post! - Thank you. You are absolutely right when you say that once you are out, then you know you are ready. In my case, I have been out 2 times already and I love it.

Thank again for such a great post.

Koka

Sherry, you and I started about the same time and today I'm 24-7 including work. Think about building repair work and dressed. Weeeeeeee. The biggest issue to date is the hair but working on that issue.

You are so right, what we thought was so out there we thought everyone that did get out must live on mars or in a town where everyone is blind. But there comes the time when it is your time to spring forth and then the damn door slams behind you and walla there you are.

Great post for those who are not there quite yet, so girls if you like this life as much as we do, well you know. Thanks Sherry and huggs to you all.\\Teri

How do I get on your shopping list? I think all I am getting this year is a lump of coal. Funny how many on here would use the fishing tackle as a cover for buying clothes...you use the clothes to cover buying fishin' gear (why do I have the urge to yell "Git 'er done!?). And a lap top and a GPS (no fish finder?). Dang she better being buying you one of those Lexus' with a big red bow

Great post Sherry
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

You go!!! We should all go!!

I have overcome the obsticles recently as well and not afraid to try on or to buy anything for myself. I just don't care what strangers think. Anyone who is shy about it, start with something simple, panties perhaps, and work your way up. As you experience the simple, you will find the more difficult to come easily,

Tabby

Even a walk in the park. First time out was to get soda from a machine, in a road side rest. Parked way away and sashayed way to machine. Was very liberating. Then was a busy truck stop, even got whistled at, made me feel good. Have shopped a few times now dressed, and loved it.

I have got over being afraid of wat stangers think it is so to get dressed and go out it is so easily now

Good job Sherry. They will feel alot better once they are out. Due to my location and having a small thrift store in redneck territory, I don't get out as often as I like but I get out and the feeling is "alive". I dress from the waste down enfemme daily but it doesn't compare to going out and I don't pass, I also don't care. I don't dress for you or anyone else, I dress for me. You hit the nail on the head

I agree 100%. When I first went out, I was very nervous and timid, but once I was out there, I became very confident to the point that I didn't care what anyone thought or said, because I was just being me. And it was a very liberating experience. If you crossdress, you just have to go out sometime, and when you do, you just can't believe how great it is.

Gold Member
    Thanks for this thread Sherry. I do know what you mean about just getting out a doing it. Tho I'm not quite brave enough, yet, to head out dressed, I have been to Ulta a couple of times to get makeup and have had good experiences each time. The SA's were always very friendly and helpful. For anyone still nervous about going out shopping for cosmetics, Ulta is a good place to start. I even go there now to get my hair styled. Someday I'll get to where you are...someday!!!

Sherry - thanks for sharing your story. You and everyone who dares venture out as themselves are my heroes. You all inspire me and I can only thank you for your courage and confidence.
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

LoriLeah says....

How do I get on your shopping list? I think all I am getting this year is a lump of coal. Funny how many on here would use the fishing tackle as a cover for buying clothes...you use the clothes to cover buying fishin' gear (why do I have the urge to yell "Git 'er done!?). And a lap top and a GPS (no fish finder?). Dang she better being buying you one of those Lexus' with a big red bow
    Have you been naughty or nice this year Lorileah????

Actually I was on a mission yesterday to do some pre gift buying "recon"...since she's getting a laptop (her computer is about had it 5 years old and all messed up) so it's time for a new one...plus new job and she's going to need it for that....plus a GPS because she gets to go to work in downtown Nashville....at 6AM in the morning....

I don't make a habit of blurting out "Oh I dress"...no reason for it....but there is a time to say "yes I do dress" and a time to simply not say anything...

I go into Ulta I'm going to let them know because I'm going to want to pick their brains each time I'm in there....and yesterday was the perfect example...new SA didn't know me...she was feeling a bit sorry for the poor guy being in strange territory....RIGHT!!!! Then the other one SA comes over and it's like old home week and she was the on duty manager BTW. and she was all excited and how are you and good to see you...so the first SA is now clued in to me...and before I left I asked about getting a back waxing and the first SA is the one who does it...so before I left she came up gave me a card with her name on it and told me what time it would be OK to make an appointment...so it's like she's going to now become my newest best friend....

I'm telling you girls who are affraid to go out the fear really out weighs reality of it all. Now don't get me wrong...don't think you can dress and go out and walk into a redneck biker bar and they'll be buying you rounds all nite???? Ain't going to happen...so your going to have to pick and choose the locations you need to go...and if you can take a friend with you first.....and if you don't have one then find one of us who might live in yoru area....and see if they can go out with you for your first time...or join a group like "Tre Ess"

You break the glass wall holding you back and later on you'll laugh at how easy it was and how your fears were greatly exaggerated....trust me...

Me??? Really don't want anything or need anything....gave her all my Steph sizes...so I want to see what she does with that and what she gets...the effort will say a lot on what she thinks about the dressing now...(evil grin)...
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"