Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Came out to a friend...

(not a whale)
    *sigh*

this thread is ridiculous.

please use common sense when outing yourself. if you're not sure then run it by us and we may be able to point you towards a better direction.

I thought the whole point of a forum is to give your opinion?

For what it's worth, as someone who has probably recently told my wife too much (the situation hangs in the balance - we're not really talking) I can go along with Melinda G. There's a lot of 'support' in the form of 'just go for it' statements, but the reality is that you don't know how people are going to react. Unfortunately in this world it isn't always best to tell everyone your secrets.

Anyway girls, if you're going to have a cat fight can you do it with PMs - or get a mudpit and a video camera.

Lisa

Jeez, I was trying to vent... Sorry causing a stir.

Banned Read only
    No, you don't show anyone support, your constant advice is telling people to stay in the closet, and the only one testing anything here is you, you're always posting to be confrontational and it's getting old real fast. I don't care how many PM's you've got, if you want to go on a how many PM's pissing contest, then you'll lose. If you can't be supportive and all your comments are going to be like this, then I really don't know why you're even here.
    I'll pull your hair out, you...you...you

Not sure about the mudpit yet.

No doubt this is a very personal subject for everyone. Just speaking on this forum makes me feel like I have gone leaps and bounds as far as coming out but I know to me, coming out to friends and family will never happen, and I am good with that. Would I enjoy being dressed up with practically anybody from this forum? Absolutely because it is a common interest and the likelyhood of someone being offended or being rude is minimal because we each would derive pleasure in seeing the other person happy.
    I don't think privacy is a bad thing, I would not push any of my other interests on another person but if I meet someone that has that same interest in common, I would enjoy their company and they would enjoy mine.

With that being said, "If I am elected we will all have 4 day work weeks!"

Quote Originally Posted by KellyWannabe;
    Jeez, I was trying to vent... Sorry causing a stir.
    Don't worry Kelly, If it wasn't you it would have been someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by baby beluga View Post
    please use common sense when outing yourself.
    if you're not sure then run it by us and we may be able to point you towards a better direction.
    Well according to Melinda G that is a 180 degree turn right back into the closet!
    Real productive advice there

Quote Originally Posted by Josey View Post
    I myself align up with Melinda G's feelings on this subject.
    It took me years to finally expose my CDing to my wife but all is well.
    Let me get this straight? You told your wife and it ended well, but yet you agree with Melinda G that people should continue to keep it a secret?

Apparently "common" sense is not so common.

Quote Originally Posted by fyxenlisa View Post
    I can go along with Melinda G. There's a lot of 'support' in the form of 'just go for it' statements, but the reality is that you don't know how people are going to react.
    That's right!, You don't know how someone will react until you actually tell them.

There are many stories of:
    "I told my SO and this or that happen."
    Yes some end bad, but NOT all of them.

Now read the stories of:
    My SO found my stash/secret/ect.
    Seems almost ALL of them end badly.

I'm not one of the "shout it from the rooftop with a megaphone" types.
    If your single - Do whatever you want! Don't tell a soul.

BUT! - Don't you think it's something someone you want to enter into a relationship with SHOULD know.

If telling your wife of 20yrs is bad, how bad do you think it will get when she finds out on her own? Hmmm?

Telling someone you have been lying to them for X number of years is always better then them finding out you have been doing it.

Just remember - when doing it - K.I.S.S. [Keep It Simple Stupid]
    Turn the tap on and let it out, just don't unleash the Hover Dam on them all at once.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaM View Post

BUT! - Don't you think it's something someone you want to enter into a relationship with SHOULD know.

If telling your wife of 20yrs is bad, how bad do you think it will get when she finds out on her own? Hmmm?

Telling someone you have been lying to them for X number of years is always better then them finding out you have been doing it.

Just remember - when doing it - K.I.S.S. [Keep It Simple Stupid]
    Turn the tap on and let it out, just don't unleash the Hover Dam on them all at once. [/COLOR][/B]
    You made so many good points I don't even know where to start. Cd'ing (more than likely) has been a part of all our lives way before our SO's were in the picture. If that's the case and you are entering into a longterm relationship (and possibly a marriage) why, oh why! do you not let them know about an entire side of your lifestyle from the beginning. If they don't accept it, IMO they are not accepting YOU! If my wife didn't know everything about my dressing it would be a VERY lonely, miserable, secretive and boring (if you get what I mean ) existence. SMH!

OK...off the soap box, which interestingly enough is harder in heels.