Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GG's reaction to a man's shaved legs

In the winter I shave everything (yes everything!) there is nothing that feels better than totally smooth skin. When you slip on a pair of pantyhose and pumps while shaved it is such a rush! My wife doesn't seem to mind either. Go for it!

I 've been shaving completely now for about 8 -10 years . Nary a complaint.

Back shaving

Ok, my SO will not do it, I can not reach, how are you girls cleaning up the back?

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    The girl that waxes my back says she hates hair on men. So did my last gf. I love the feeling of being smooth.
    That's funny, because the lady that waxes my back says she doesn't like shaved guys! She says that that it feels like cuddling with another woman.

But going back to the reaction thing: many girls I know don't like shaved legs on men. It's not about the look. I've heard from them that they find odd that a man cares so much about a triviality such as hair on legs.

Of course they wouldn't be as rude as the woman who laughed at the guy in shorts, maybe they have no visible reaction. But they still have their opinion. And this opinion might not get you a date.

They only exception seems to be the athlete excuse. And in this case, they DO like shaved legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen7cd View Post
    Ok, my SO will not do it, I can not reach, how are you girls cleaning up the back?

Have you considered waxing? Bet the SO would even help. wahahahaha

Last edited by dancinginthedark; 12-08-2009 at 08:47 AM.

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PetiteDuality View Post
    ...I've heard from them that they find odd that a man cares so much about a triviality such as hair on legs.

Of course they wouldn't be as rude as the woman who laughed at the guy in shorts, maybe they have no visible reaction. But they still have their opinion. And this opinion might not get you a date.

They only exception seems to be the athlete excuse. And in this case, they DO like shaved legs.
    This is societal programming at work. There's nothing quite like allowing society (total strangers) to decide what an individual does and does not like, and when he or she does and does not like it... It must be exhausting keeping up with what everyone else thinks!

Besides, if I were single I wouldn't want a date with a woman who had some sort of superficial issue with my bare skin. That's just the start of the many reasons why we probably wouldn't be a match.

Duality sometimes hurts.. PetiteDuality's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erica2Sweet View Post
    This is societal programming at work. There's nothing quite like allowing society (total strangers) to decide what an individual does and does not like, and when he or she does and does not like it... It must be exhausting keeping up with what everyone else thinks!

Besides, if I were single I wouldn't want a date with a woman who had some sort of superficial issue with my bare skin. That's just the start of the many reasons why we probably wouldn't be a match.
    I totally agree, but the post is about GG reaction to shaved legs, and for good or for bad, this is how society is.

If we are men enough, we should stick with our decision and confront the consequences

Personally, I was obsessed with shaving my legs, until I did. My shaved legs still look manly (muscle and veins showing off).

Perhaps I will shave again when the next marathon comes. Maybe this will encourage me to dress again (I haven't dressed in a couple of months), but I don't think so.

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar

Back shaving

Quote Originally Posted by Karen7cd View Post
    First, Hon, you CAN'T do your own back by shaving. Do what I do. I fashioned a back brush with a wash cloth covering and secured that with a stout rubber band. Then apply Veet to the brush and begin to cover your back. It will help to have a hand mirror so you can see where you did and didn't apply the Veet. Try to make an even coat if you can and you can leave it a good three minutes or so after you finished covering the whole surface from neck to rectum ( you should do the ass cheeks and crack, too). Have your shower ready and use the water and the brush to wash off all the hair and residue. Take your time and rinse it all really good. You will LOVE the results and so will your friends and maybe your S.O.

XXs
    Mickey
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    I have no problem wering boi shorts that show my sahved legs. No one has ever commented or even seemed to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Anne Meadows View Post
    I have no problem wering boi shorts that show my sahved legs. No one has ever commented or even seemed to notice.
    If they noticed, I'm sure they thought you had cute legs I sure do.

IF they found it odd that a man cares about shaving his legs, then you should ask her how she would feel if she were not permitted to shave her legs and had to live with hairy legs. Ask her if she would consider it trivial? IF she doesn't consider it trivial, why should a man consider it trivial?

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteDuality View Post
    That's funny, because the lady that waxes my back says she doesn't like shaved guys! She says that that it feels like cuddling with another woman.

But going back to the reaction thing: many girls I know don't like shaved legs on men. It's not about the look. I've heard from them that they find odd that a man cares so much about a triviality such as hair on legs.

You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    Lately I've been getting my legs waxed, but I've done the shaving thing before... The only time I got a reaction was when I was SUPPOSED to...when I went to work as Sarah Palin on Halloween 2008. Among other comments, one I got fairly consistently was that the girls were jealous because my legs looked better than theirs! :P

the only coment i ever got was some one laughed and asked why i told them its to be able to tanning lotion on faster they stoped laughing and never said another word
    it was partly true

I have kept my legs shaved for over 10 years now. I had an occasion where I was at a lake with a GG friend of mine on a beach last summer.
    I had on what could be called short shorts I guess. Stopped way above the knee. After we had been there a while sunning and catching up on recent events she asked me if I had shaved my legs.
    I just replied with a yes and she reached over and touched my leg.
    Her only reply was smooth, nice.
    The subject never came up again.
    I wish I could find another accepting GG like her that's not in a relationship.

Well, been smooth all over for a while now, I like it, I guess my wifes' feelings were summed up with her "naked mole rat" comment. And that is actually one of the nicer things she says about me.

Yes, that avatar IS me! Bailey_in_Mansfield's Avatar
    LOL @ the Kim Possible reference. Rufus the naked mole rat! <3

I have been shaving my legs for a number of years. In all that time I had one guy try to call me out.

Quote Originally Posted by shannonFL View Post
    "naked mole rat" comment. And that is actually one of the nicer things she says about me.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and make all marriages perfect.

Aspiring Lady
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonFL View Post
    Well, been smooth all over for a while now, I like it, I guess my wifes' feelings were summed up with her "naked mole rat" comment. And that is actually one of the nicer things she says about me.
    Dang the "naked mole rat" is the same exact comment my SO gives me...

In summertime

I always tell the truth. I have pale (fish belly white) Irish skin which never tans, along with blonde hair. I use bronzer and skin dye to make my legs look tan. The bronzer and dye make the hair turn orange, so I shave to avoid walking around with orange fur on my legs.

The absolute truth is, that while I have the excuse ready to go at all times, I've never been asked once!

I'm a cyclist and shave because of this. Most of my friends also shave too. I've never had anyone comment (yet)!

discuss first...

Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    ...My wife laughed...not sure if it was because she thought he was using the woman's shaving stuff or because she thinks it is odd for a man. ...someday I might just do it, just to see how she reacts!
    Maybe better to discuss it with her first, rather than surprise her. Communication is important.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Eeekkk it's a GG
    Last edited by BestFriend; 12-16-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Lost that phobia years ago

Since shaving my legs (pits etc etc) I have had a handful of comments over the years, so the benefit far outweighs the rare comment (mainly from youngsters). To the two adults that have bothered to comment (apart from the SO) my answer has been I am a crossdresser. The topic change cannot come quickly enough for them! To the cashier, you could comment that you are like them, that is, you sheer the legs....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BestFriend View Post
    So why is it okay for girls to shave but guys can't?? The only hair I have on my body is on my head and I prefer it that way... It bluddy annoys me that there are so many double standards in this world
    Same here, not one hair below my chin. It's so much nicer being smooth all over. Women are more like men every day, so why can't we be more like women?

Karen (on her soap box)